Gilles Coustellier with Rockman

GUI

(i used google to translate it from French to English)

"Hello everyone.

As promised, here are my two new partners: ROCKMAN and TRIALPROD
I am very proud to be with them.

It was able to do my first workout today after a month off, and the bike is just amazing efficiency.

A couple of days I'll put pictures and videos.

Thanks, and areas soon!

Gilles Coustellier"

u54r.jpg

Edited by GUI
  • Like 2

i dont care what is his deal....i just hope this deal with rockman will suit him, cause, no mather what people say about his style, hair, shorts....he is world champ and he really pushed this sport to another level. maybe he was not the best example of rider that makes to much care about sponsors like kenny does, or makes videos, in fact he does opposite, as i heard, he does not want other to film him while training.... anyhow i really wish him luck with new sponsors and new bike ;)

and does any body else find weird to watch him without rainbow jersey and now without koxx ?

This is true. Especially so on the run-up to a new season

as i said, i have just heard that from other riders...kinda understand that. F1 teams also makes their "weapons" for new season secret.

btw this is firs photo of him on gabbro

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1380533415500516&set=a.1380533435500514.1073741829.1380470762173448&type=1&theater

Fair enough he doesn't want to push for loads of sponsors, maybe he feels that's selling out I don't know, but doing the stuff that Kenny is doing is the only way the sport's going to get enough backing to lift it into the same kind of levels as downhill and XC. Without the big sponsors behind those the World Cup wouldn't be half of what it is today and with trials falling way behind to the point where even enthusiastic cyclists don't know what it is we could do with the push.

true that. but things that kenny does for red bull seems sometimes like too much...or just using him, maybe it is just that i dont like red bull like a brand too much. but it is not my thing and i dont know what his deal is with them. as for gilles, he had ( or still has) deal with la sportiva that is pretty big company, also seems like he has something with nike. he always wears all of their clothes ( same as his wife ) and he even has their logo printed on shorts along his other sponsors. personally i would like to see him joining some company like that.

I wonder if the deal with ROCKMAN/TRIALPROD involves making more media for the crowd. Does anyone know what would be certain things he must follow to respect the sponsorships, apart from just using their products and wearing their logos? I am guessing they will be paying him decently too.

• 3 weeks later...