Echo 24" (not enough of these) UPDATE PAGE 2

Blake

Got my 24 sorted now, haven't uploaded pictures yet. Few things need to change. Crank arm hits the slave and the frame a bit :( need to sort that out but not sure what cranks to get.

First up, spec list:

Frame: Echo 24" 2012

Fork: Because V and disk

Front brake: Avid FR5 lever, cheap cable, acera arms and HS yellow pads

Rear brake: 04 lever, maggy slaves, echo clamps (old school ones) HS yellow pads

Handlebars: New Trialtech high risers (NOW with SUPER HIGH WISE EUGHHH)

Stem: Old school echo stem, 145x25 I think...(cheeky upgraded bolts)

Headset: FSA Orbit Equipe

Grips: Trialtech foams (want some thins)

Rear wheel: Hope pro 2 on echo TR rim with halo spokes and fat albert tyre, DH tube and home made rim tape B)

Front wheel: Zoo sealed hub on echo TR rim with halo spokes and DMR tyre, more homemade rim tape B) (shoutout kennard for tyre)

Cranks: Trialtech 165's with some shitty sprocket

Bash: Flawless bikes quater ring

Chain: KMC z510 (might be HX)

Pedals: Cheap shit off tarty, want some trialtech platforms.

Think that's everything, thinking of changing to FFW because rear wheel weighs a ton.

Pics:

iNqrWeQ.jpg

shout out onetonnunn for some carbon spacers eh

bVOV7du.jpg

Cheeky bit of Ti AYYYY

yymqWye.jpg

One ti bolt snapped going in, confidence inspiring eh

xXpCJba.jpg

Bare material

kmOn0mb.jpg

Sorry for shitty bike pictures, here's a couple of me on it in southampton. Shoutout JJ leigh for the pics, nothing big on my part.

FdG7IU9.jpg

iwukV2d.jpg

pvAq79j.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

George x

Edited by DrStix

thought you hated FFW

bVOV7du.jpgonnunn for some carbon spacers eh

Cheeky bit of Ti AYYYY

Ali why do you pick up on everything George says?

This is a beaut George, I want another one :mellow:

Ran 170's and 175's on mine running 18-14, 170 was banging

Edited by SamKidney

I know, it just seemed like you and Fraser had missed that line from George. Understandable as it was buried in between the wall of text and wall of pics :P Just figured it might help clarify if there was a misunderstanding about to happen :)

I know, it just seemed like you and Fraser had missed that line from George. Understandable as it was buried in between the wall of text and wall of pics :P Just figured it might help clarify if there was a misunderstanding about to happen :)

Hey I like my wall of text! ;)

Thanks sam, ali does it because I always comment on his shit taking the piss, but he doesn't quite understand when to do it on my photo's so he looks like a tit quite often.

Didn't see that.. That makes more sense now :)

Ali why do you pick up on everything George says?

He said he want's to go ffw .. and im just repaying the favour .. all i ever get it shit from him about everything

He said he want's to go ffw .. and im just repaying the favour .. all i ever get it shit from him about everything

Alright alright don't cry

Looks lovely, maggie needs a splitter though (Y)

Tt cranks have less offset than other cranks? I'd say stay with 165s though, 170mm on my 24 feel a bit light for my liking.

Makes me want a pro2 even more now...

yeah the tt's are pretty shit. They flex a lot as well and smack the slave/frame. Wouldn't mind putting my 170 zoo's back on for the stiffness.

i honestly wouldn't bother switching over to a FFW setup for weight saving! i built my echo 24 with FFW to begin with, then remembered i didn't really like freewheels and bought a chris king hub for the rear and changed my drive setup... i didn't notice any weight difference at all going from a lighter setup to a heavier setup!

nice build though (Y) pretty much identical to mine except i have the older version of the frame, and longer cranks! (running 175mm tt crannks with no clearance issues)

Edited by 24martin

i honestly wouldn't bother switching over to a FFW setup for weight saving! i built my echo 24 with FFW to begin with, then remembered i didn't really like freewheels and bought a chris king hub for the rear and changed my drive setup... i didn't notice any weight difference at all going from a lighter setup to a heavier setup!

nice build though (Y) pretty much identical to mine except i have the older version of the frame, and longer cranks!

Ah wicked, I don't know i do like the reliability...my hope needs a bit of love though nothing is very squarely seated :P

Looks good George! How you finding the switch? I found it a it less flicky compared to the riding mod. But i found gaps and to fronts easier as the bike was longer/higher up!

Yeah they are a ton easier, I haven't ridden for so long so still just trying to get used to riding again, not going as big as I did on my mod yet but climbing back up :P bar height is a lot higher too so sidehops look tiny. It's certainly not as flicky but my mods always weighed a ton and wheren't really flicky at all :P

Haha fair play, was looking at a pair of those as a cheap way of trying 165s...think ill dodge the tts then.

They're not bad cranks but you get what you pay for, £50 cranks feel like £50 cranks :P are the crazybike ones the same alloy? never had an issue of rubbing on my mod, it's just the bigger wheels

Description says the same they look similar to me...could be a case of different stickers same stuff.

I've heard crazybike are using different alloys but just got all the CNC programs off of deng and other such peoples. Don't know about cranks though

1 that bike is sweet, i think I know what my next bike will be

2. why would an individual would use a rear hub that has built in freewheel rather then a front freewheel system, as trial bike supposed to have?

3. is not that trousers pushing your balls up to your stomach? I mean I am a fan of skinny jeans I like them but that is too skinny for me

1 that bike is sweet, i think I know what my next bike will be

2. why would an individual would use a rear hub that has built in freewheel rather then a front freewheel system, as trial bike supposed to have?

3. is not that trousers pushing your balls up to your stomach? I mean I am a fan of skinny jeans I like them but that is too skinny for me

I already had the pro2 and prefer the reliability, I may go front freewheel in the future. Trials bikes are not supposed to have front freewheel, it is just the modern preference for price, weight and compatibility with modern parts.

No these jeans are fine :P I have a vagina

I already had the pro2 and prefer the reliability, I may go front freewheel in the future. Trials bikes are not supposed to have front freewheel, it is just the modern preference for price, weight and compatibility with modern parts.

No these jeans are fine :P I have a vagina

ohh okay, fair enough

By the pictures you were an ugly boy but now you are a nice girl then.

I like it