Tocco or Racing line?

Canardweb

Why?

Because I've had the lever scraping on the body when braking hard, the piston not coming out all the way after braking (lever play), the small screw to adjust the lever reach loosened itself after only 15 min. of riding.

I've got a replacement one from Tensile quickly though.

The Racing Line Lever not only feels much better, it's also a "finger" longer and thus has more braking power. Also, the piston moves so smoothly it's wonderful.

I'd got for the Racing Line - better construction and haven't heard of any issues with them.

There have been a couple reports of the Tocco levers leaking, and the lever position feels weird on them - not a fan

I think that was the older generation. Version 2.0 is supposed to be better.

Nico.

Edited by niconj

tensile uses 1 o-ring and 1 dirt wiper, racing line uses two o-rings. The outer o-ring will pull dirt/abrasive to the inside because it is not formed like a dirt wiper.

I dont really think this is an issue.

I think the wiper is there on maguras/tensiles because theyve been designed around the XC principle where Maguras originate from, where the wiper seal IS a good idea.

Trials is slow with no/little spray back off the tyres that could find its way into the brake. two o-rings on the Racing line seems a good idea to me

Edited by SamKidney

• 1 month later...

Just one quick question. I've got the Racing Line lever and whenever I ride more than half an hour the little screw to adjust the reach of the lever turns itself out again so that the lever is too far from the handlebar. I had the same problem with the Tocco lever. Anyone can tell me how to fix it? Loctite?

Loctite will probably be your best bet

Pretty annoying for a 100€ lever. Again... trials stuff isn't the best quality even though the racing line performs perfectly (if it wasn't for the above mentioned issue). The Saint 810 lever I've got on the other side is perfect!!!

How often do you bleed brakes? Stop moaning.

Why not? A lever that costs twice as much as it's counterpart on the left should at least perform equally but then again, trials parts aren't very good anyways even though you pay a lot.... unfortunately.

You're complaining at something that is easily resolved with a dab of loctite.

I could go out and buy a Lamborghini (I couldn't), that costs 500x more than my car and something could/would go wrong with it, or it would have a flaw in one area somewhere.

Pretty annoying for a 100€ lever. Again... trials stuff isn't the best quality even though the racing line performs perfectly (if it wasn't for the above mentioned issue). The Saint 810 lever I've got on the other side is perfect!!!

-Nevermind me I was taking shit, but you do moan a lot.

Edited by Jamie_Trials