Should i put my tyre on backwards ?

trialsiain

The ramped tread will grip better the "wrong" way round.

Try it on the edge of a wall before you put it on the bike. The higher part of the tread is right angled unlike the bottom part of the tread which just slopes/runs into the carcase.

I can imagine this would help accerlation on mountain bikes but would skid easier when slowing down.

Acceleration*

• Like 1

I meant Iain... you can be excused :) haha

hey just quick Adam, on the tartydays section on the tartybikes website theres a typo for toilets, it sais toilers..... just read the info and stuff but it'll annoy me if i dont mention it.... im a bit strange.... haha :P

hey just quick Adam, on the tartydays section on the tartybikes website theres a typo for toilets, it sais toilers..... just read the info and stuff but it'll annoy me if i dont mention it.... im a bit strange.... haha :P

That annoys you but you just said "sais"?

• Like 4

Theoretically yes, mountain bike tires are designed with forward momentum/friction/braking in mind. But the forces on a trials tire (generally) tend to be rearward forces, so it would make more sense to run them backwards. Although if they’re trails specific tires, you should probably run them as directed.

This maybe complete nonsense in the Street style of riding though, but from a Natural Trials point of view it makes sense (to me at least).