Look up

PatJsy

Just came across this video and thought it's worth sharing. Of course there's the irony that if it weren't for the technology and social media you wouldn't be watching it now but then again, you wouldn't have the need to. I deleted my facebook account at the end of last year and haven't thought about going back to it since. Each to their own but this may be an eye opener to some.

• Like 2

Bollocks.

I still see my true friends as much as I used to, Facebook just allows me to branch out a little more and promote my music and photography.

If you're the type of person to get immersed in it and ditch all your friends, blame yourself, not technology.

• Like 3

I made the mistake of trying to debate/argue with people in the previous thread so I'm not going to this time :)

No debate or argument needed, it's my opinion.

It's the same as people having phones out and being on Facebook when they're eating or out drinking, that isn't Facebook's fault - it's the rude person doing it.

• Like 1

No debate or argument needed, it's my opinion.

It's the same as people having phones out and being on Facebook when they're eating or out drinking, that isn't Facebook's fault - it's the rude person doing it.

Ahh screw it, this is a good point. But then you could look at the idiots shooting up schools in America - sure they're not right in the head and it's their own fault but are the gun laws there not to blame too? Completely different scenario but the principle is very similar.

• Like 2

Ahh screw it, this is a good point. But then you could look at the idiots shooting up schools in America - sure they're not right in the head and it's their own fault but are the gun laws there not to blame too? Completely different scenario but the principle is very similar.

I disagree that the principle is the same. If Facebook was as deadly as a gun then yes I would blame Facebook laws.

Culture is NOT your friend ;)

Humans are computers-very programable-

We're all the same in thinking that we're different. Alternative is the biggest illusion. You're not different, you're not enlightened, you're not more open minded. You simply choose different sources of information.

We're all the same in thinking that we're different. Alternative is the biggest illusion. You're not different, you're not enlightened, you're not more open minded. You simply choose different sources of information.

Yeah because you know me well huh ?

We are the same on a molecular level-But some people are asleep very few are awake and a lot are in the process of awakening.

I am different ;)

No im not enlightend thats all a load of bullshit.

im way more open minded than most]

Your right i choose sources of information thats not propaganda -Unlike most who get home and plug in to their fave drug .the Tell lies to your vision

Most of my information comes from breif moments of hightend awareness alterd states of consciousness-Neither can really be achieved if your being programed or putting large ammounts of chemicals in your body daily ....Plus im lucky enough to be in a privillaged position to learn things the average person will never be able too.

Edited by Dave Anscombe
  • Like 1

I completely agree with this video

I usually say that the reason why I deleted myself from facebook is that I realised it is nothing more then several (hundreds an very cool, big sexy and masculine servers, but it is not the point now) servers connected together

I think people who do not understand the technology can sometimes fall in love with some simpler thing, like simple games and websites, whereas the professionals who work with them (dedicate their life for them) can handle them easier.

Dave, please, do not preach your views about your point of view all the time

I have mine as well so does everyone, and If someone asks my opinion I give it to them. Otherwise I would be a really annoying person if I want to change everyone

• Like 1

I usually say that the reason why I deleted myself from facebook is that I realised it is nothing more then several (hundreds an very cool, big sexy and masculine servers, but it is not the point now) servers connected together

I think people who do not understand the technology can sometimes fall in love with some simpler thing, like simple games and websites, whereas the professionals who work with them (dedicate their life for them) can handle them easier.

Interesting view, but I'm not sure I really understand it. A server is a boring box that's sits in a room, running 24/7.

Aren't you more impressed with the handheld, touchscreen device that lets you do these things?

Dave, please, do not preach your views about your point of view all the time

I have mine as well so does everyone, and If someone asks my opinion I give it to them. Otherwise I would be a really annoying person if I want to change everyone

I dont want to change everyone -I just want dumb f**ks to think ;) -Im not preaching all im doing is putting it out there Im not forcing anything on anyone-I have a job to do and thats to put it out there -I dont have a gun to anyones head telling them they have to take my info-But again ive done my job and put it out there

Christ what a terrible video, very pretentious and trying too hard to be deep.

Who gives a shit? If you give a shit, get off your phone and talk to people. Blame yourself for being a boring fanny and not speaking to your friends not software on a device.

People = shit

• Like 2

Interesting view, but I'm not sure I really understand it. A server is a boring box that's sits in a room, running 24/7.

Aren't you more impressed with the handheld, touchscreen device that lets you do these things?

Yes, it is amazing where mobile technology came

But imagine your pc with 4x 12 core processord and 48gb memory ram. Cool huh?

Now imagine a warehouse of those pc stacked on each other. We are talkng about size now

I dont want to change everyone -I just want dumb f**ks to think ;)

Okay i want you to think now

We dont want your views as we have different thinking. If we want we make a thread and ask you

And by forcing: i could put a dick pic here then saying i am not forcing you to watch it i just want you to think about my dick

You would not want to see my dick otherwise you would send me a pm request

I hope you get my point

Edited by HippY

Humans are computers-very programable-

It's kind of ironic the way a large chunk of your supposedly superior views seem to come from the programmed natural instinct to find patterns within random situations.

Edited by RobinJI

Yes, it is amazing where mobile technology came

But imagine your pc with 4x 12 core processord and 48gb memory ram. Cool huh?

Now imagine a warehouse of those pc stacked on each other. We are talkng about size now

Okay i want you to think now

We dont want your views as we have different thinking. If we want we make a thread and ask you

And by forcing: i could put a dick pic here then saying i am not forcing you to watch it i just want you to think about my dick

You would not want to see my dick otherwise you would send me a pm request

I hope you get my point

I get your point hippy i really do.If you dont like what i say ignore it ;) None of you have to read it -Just ignore my posts -simple :) Im not trying to be an arse with you hippy -You seem like a good decent human-But im as much a part of this forum as you and i have a right to speak my truth !

Dave I like you but stop trying to be so mysterious please, it makes me cringe.

I don't even understand what you try and say, you're better than me, know more than me but you're better for no reason and won't tell me what I don't know?

What's the point?

Stay off drugs people

Dave I like you but stop trying to be so mysterious please, it makes me cringe.

I don't even understand what you try and say, you're better than me, know more than me but you're better for no reason and won't tell me what I don't know?

What's the point?

Stay off drugs people

I cant even be f**ked to write a decent responce !

• Like 1

I don't like this place.

that video made me want to hurt small fury things

People who look down don't deserve the reward of looking up. its not f**kin hard just do what you want. This is just an excuse for that ART what the kids do.

We are the same on a molecular level-But some people are asleep very few are awake and a lot are in the process of awakening.

I am different ;)

Your right i choose sources of information thats not propaganda -Unlike most who get home and plug in to their fave drug .the Tell lies to your vision

Most of my information comes from breif moments of hightend awareness alterd states of consciousness-Neither can really be achieved if your being programed or putting large ammounts of chemicals in your body daily ....Plus im lucky enough to be in a privillaged position to learn things the average person will never be able too.

Dave we get it you have taken various psychedelics, seen geometric shapes and the colour of the source energy flow through people. but your efforts of making the entire TF's pineal open up, and seeing how many ' ;) ' faces you can use really isn't working. stick to the people you physically connect with, the internet is limited by the alphabet so really you're just wasting your time. try to be functional, still kinda think you're cool but who knows ay x just a tip, try and learn the English language to an effective level it helps a lot

(reading back on what you wrote you need to pop a few caps and take a look in the mirror because I know I wouldn't like to see that)

Edited by ItsMatt

Yeah because you know me well huh ?

I am different ;)

No im not enlightend thats all a load of bullshit.

I wasn't talking specifically about you despite the fact that my comment was still aimed at you. I think this statement I'm quoting of yours shows a fair bit of closed mindedness.

Surely being open minded means looking at various sources of information and various arguments for and against. If you limit your sources to the ones that confirm what you want to believe then that would make you more closed minded than most.

I cant even be f**ked to write a decent responce !

Don't post then. Take a hint from everyone on here...

Facebook is a tool, misuse it and you'll end up being a twonk. Use it in moderation, like everything in life, and it's fine.

You can take any item in life, and if you overuse it you'll end up in a mess, whether it's Facebook, television, mobile phones, steroids, drugs, sex, food, sleep, and so on.

If you're a weak minded person who struggles to control certain aspects of life, I feel bad for you, and by all means cut Facebook off. Don't come f**king preaching to me about how awesome you are though.