Strong Foot & Front Foot

I was just wondering about this cause I have been reading the Trashzen Book and it makes out that your front foot is also your strong foot (for pedal kicks etc) and for me that is different :/ I ride with my left foot forward but for performing a wheelie or what not, I use my right foot to initiate it.

Is this normal or am I just strange?

By strong foot do you mean the foot that you kick a football with? Because technically that isn't your strong foot. Your strong foot will be the leg that you stand and balance on while you are kicking a football as it has to be strong enough to hold up your whole body and keep it stable while you kick. So you may be right footed but ride left foot forward because of this

• Like 1

Nah that's not because it's your strongest, it's how you've naturally been used to using that leg/foot to do most things with.

Think about what leg position you would have if you were to be running the 100m at the Olympics. I'm right footed, but in the starting gate with the little thing that you put your feet in, I'd naturally put my left foot forwards even though i'm right footed. Then when I set off my left leg would be giving me the most power to set me off as fast as I can because it's my strongest leg. But if I were to have my right foot forward, then when I set off I wouldn't have anywhere near as much power to set off than using my left leg because it isn't as strong. Therefore my leg that I use for most things (right leg) isn't as strong as my other leg (left leg).

Hope that makes sense

Because you are actually using it more. Like I said before, for kicking a football the leg you stand on when you kick the football is the stronger one because it has to hold all of your body weight on that one leg and keep you stable while you kick the football. The leg/foot kicking the ball may have more power as it is using a fast movement to kick the ball but it doesn't have as much strength because it doesn't need a lot of strength to kick the ball, it needs more explosive power.

• Like 1

for kicking a football the leg you stand on when you kick the football is the stronger one because it has to hold all of your body weight on that one leg and keep you stable while you kick the football.

i used to play football a lot ... my main foot is right which i has more control on it and its was more powerful than my left ... i kicked the ball with my right foot always ...

have you ever played football ?

i felt my left leg was weaker when first time i did leg exercises

its not about that which one is more powerful

its about your brain ... how your brain control all the muscles of body .... and when the first time you want to enter trials you might be right footed but you feel better with your left leg