Best 26 tyre?

Stebass

For me, the jitsie. I always thought it was a weight weenie/punctures every 5 mins sort of tyre, like the non-Kevlar Veeco tyre. Canadian Kevin was telling me how he’s had them since they were released with zero punctures, so I thought I’d give them a go- been super impressed. Super light, super grippy,  and if you’ve seen the amount of dents in my rear wheel- not a single puncture, which is impressive. I had a slow punny in hull but I’m pretty sure I must’ve run over something unsavoury...

plus, they’re not even pricey! Will be using them as standard from now on.You could be talking about street bikes, in which case, ignore all of that :P 

Edited by Herbertlemon102

15 hours ago, Stebass said:

Cheers Herbert lemon what are they like on off camber do they fold much?

They feel alright to me, but I mainly ride street- so I can’t give you too much of an in depth report on that. I’ve not personally had mine fold dangerously, If that helps. 

21 hours ago, cwtrials said:

Anyone tried the new veetire synthesis?  I'm too puncture prone for the other veetire's, but this one seems to have a sidewall insert?

if that the same as the kevlar sidewall one thats been around for a while (but i dont think you could purchase from a shop), its alright, i still got punctures, but a lot less than without the sidewall. 

What tyre do you use for street riding?

And what width? The widest that fit?

The rim on my back wheel is 41mm (~1. 6") wide and has a very old and very worn Monty 2,45 tyre that need replacing. And since I almost only ride street I'm looking at Maxxis Holly Roller 2,4 for the back and 2,2 for the front.

Edited by hedstr0m

On 5/3/2019 at 11:40 PM, hedstr0m said:

What tyre do you use for street riding?

And what width? The widest that fit?

The rim on my back wheel is 41mm (~1. 6") wide and has a very old and very worn Monty 2,45 tyre that need replacing. And since I almost only ride street I'm looking at Maxxis Holly Roller 2,4 for the back and 2,2 for the front.

I'm a big fan of the Holy Roller 2.4 front and rear. I'm in the US and they can be had for relatively cheap (not the 24" version however, $$$ Oi!) I do only street and almost always near sand and the Maxxis compound stays supple for the life of the tyre. The Kenda (K Rad) compound gets hard fairly quickly and looses grip and Schwalbe tyres just wear out too quickly. I tried the Conti X Kings and Race Kings, but they have too much of an MTB tread and slide off skinny rails and don't carve concrete so well. The Holy Rollers are just too easy. They tick all the boxes for me.

• Like 1