Dan Jones

Name of a type of pedal up

8 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find out the name of this pedal up type move. When the front wheel is pushed into the top edge to create more lift. Like in this video at the 1:21 mark

Thanks!

Is that not a 'Frenchie'?

1 person likes this

Frenchie.

But the French call them "bam-bams", according to Hermance when we had that trip :lol:

3 people like this

2 hours ago, aener said:

Frenchie.

But the French call them "bam-bams", according to Hermance when we had that trip :lol:

ha, well that just makes sense!

Interesting, back when I used to ride trials we always called them "bump ups" - logical, even if not the correct name :D

I always thought that was a bunny tap. 

A bunnytap is a normal tap - roll in, hit front wheel on face of wall whilst back wheel is still on the floor to transform horizontal momentum into vertical - but by using a bunnyhop in the process rather than pedalling through it.

All of the jump and vertical-force-making has already been done in that clip. The front wheel is just a cheeky little gain on the end.

Just now, aener said:

A bunnytap is a normal tap - roll in, hit front wheel on face of wall whilst back wheel is still on the floor to transform horizontal momentum into vertical - but by using a bunnyhop in the process rather than pedalling through it.

All of the jump and vertical-force-making has already been done in that clip. The front wheel is just a cheeky little gain on the end.

Ah I see :-)