V brake adapters

Canardweb

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Canardweb said:

Link of that website as I can't find it? What did he say?

https://www.heatsinkbikes.com/

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your email, it's great to hear from you! I must apologise for the quietness from my end. It must all seem mysterious and ominous firstly the out of date Heatsink website and now it's disappeared! I'm just logging on with Heatsink to get it up and rolling again. The pause has given me lots of fresh new ideas I can't wait to implement!

I'm making progress bringing stock back of pads and tensioners.

You'll notice that the Heatsinkbikes.com URL is now pointing to a placeholder as I develop a new website.

Kind regards,
Steve
Edited by PLIW
  • Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 9:57 AM, PLIW said:

https://www.heatsinkbikes.com/

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your email, it's great to hear from you! I must apologise for the quietness from my end. It must all seem mysterious and ominous firstly the out of date Heatsink website and now it's disappeared! I'm just logging on with Heatsink to get it up and rolling again. The pause has given me lots of fresh new ideas I can't wait to implement!

I'm making progress bringing stock back of pads and tensioners.

You'll notice that the Heatsinkbikes.com URL is now pointing to a placeholder as I develop a new website.

Kind regards,
Steve

Hey do you have his email address? The one he filled on here doesn't work. Let me know please 

• 3 weeks later...

You really are good at this! My suggestion would be to make your own. Or if you're not good at the kind of thing, do you know anyone who is? It's a fairly simple thing to make - just make it nice and bulky with lots of material spare so it won't break.

3 hours ago, AdamR28 said:

And all those adaptors are utter shite 🙃

This, if you compare the amount of material at the point of most stress with the HSB ones it's obvious that they're not up to the task in any way :)

I sold my HSB adaptors ages ago, still got my HSB green coust vee pads somewhere though.

On 9/8/2023 at 11:10 AM, AdamR28 said:

And all those adaptors are utter shite 🙃

Can't you make some Adam? Me and @PLIW tried contacting Steve@heatsink and his email address doesn't work anymore. The person who was supposed to make some hasn't got time to develop some so I guess you're our only chance seeing your machining knowledge.

On 9/8/2023 at 11:00 AM, aener said:

You really are good at this! My suggestion would be to make your own. Or if you're not good at the kind of thing, do you know anyone who is? It's a fairly simple thing to make - just make it nice and bulky with lots of material spare so it won't break.

I would really like to but I don't have access to any kind of material, machining tools or machines and more importantly, I don't have any clue on how to make this sort of things...