Maxxis Rekon 24 inch tyres

Szymon

Light weight, and with a little modification, even lighter. Definitely helps with moves where the bike spins (FJWs, whips, spins etc)

Tread pattern isn't too restricting for street riding

Works tubeless

Sidewalls are very thin, and really require to use higher pressures (i.e. 45psi +) unless you like changing inner tubes (or in my experience, buying a new tyre, because you tore the sidewall)

Narrow profile isn't as reassuring as 2.4" in my experience

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Szymon said:

How about grip? Especially when it's cold or wet?

With Holy Roller and tubolito I run at 45PSI pressure all the time.

Maxxis are great for informing everyone what that particular type of tyres grip is, what does it say on the sidewall? Used to be Maxx Pro, Super Tacky and Slow Reezay. Now I think its Maxx Terra and Maxx Grip.

What type of wet surface are you asking about? Porous rock, marble, grass, tarmac, concrete, bla de bla de bla...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ross McArthur said:

Maxxis are great for informing everyone what that particular type of tyres grip is, what does it say on the sidewall? Used to be Maxx Pro, Super Tacky and Slow Reezay. Now I think its Maxx Terra and Maxx Grip.

What type of wet surface are you asking about? Porous rock, marble, grass, tarmac, concrete, bla de bla de bla...

Dual Compound.

Wet tarmac and concrete.

• 1 month later...

There is the unspoken rule of 1g = 1 USD (or €).😁

I heard from a pro rider he had troubles with turbolito by really cold weather (around 0°C, 32°F). If I recall correctly, he said they get less malleable and he got punctures.

Edited by La Bourde

I've used tubolito only in the front, but never had a problem. Only one flat from a gnarly piece of glass. Here in the States I've had no luck finding the schrader version of the tubos and I really dislike presta valves. It also doesn't get cold here in Los Angeles so can't comment on that.

14 hours ago, Ali C said:

My turbolito tube lasted 20 mins :( the valve randomly snapped…maybe there was some twisting forces going on or something…if they do a metal one then that’s what I’d go for 

One of my spanish friends had exactly the same when he tried them!

• 2 weeks later...

Tires purchased and installed. So far, three rides in poor conditions. And I am very satisfied. Wet grip seems to be better than the Holy Roller. Weight 595g and 614g.
They are thinner than Holy Roller but it doesn't bother me yet. I'm waiting for dry conditions.

IMG20231203131742.jpg

IMG20231209151154.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...