Bmx Pics Thread

Mark W

Nope. It's weird, it's just so out of the way where it is it just doesn't really matter what I do with it, haha. Plus it's been so wet here the past few weeks that I haven't been able to sit on it - even if I actually wanted to - 'cos it's been soaked. Rode home in a torrential downpour once, and it just soaked into the kevlar and foam on my seat, and whenever I touched it for about 2 weeks it just squidged water out. Not ideal.

But yeah, been playing about with the angle of it since I got my Fly post. Might put the other wedge back in and see how that goes, but with it with the other wedge in, it's flatter and I can't actually feel it enough. With the nose tilted up a bit, I can feel it on my calves if I'm doing something where I need to, if you see what I mean? Like I was trying to learn bars with the seat flatter and it was just weird, there was no way I was getting near it. Not to pinch or anything, just to get a feel of where the bike was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for the last few parts for my trials bike so I might just as well post the bmx instead.

Yes, it's a weight-weenie machine and people always whine about it. But whatever, it's fun to try to build a bike as light as possible and it's really fun riding tech street with it!

It weighs 8,76kg (weigh part by part on a digital scale) completley without titanium.

Had it down to 8,65 with a CR18 in the back but that was simply way too weak, haha. =)

pb200237sd1.jpg

pb200240bb6.jpg

Spec:

Frame: Fit S3 20,75

Fork: Sunday Morning II

Handlebar: Macneil XLT 8"

Stem: Odyssey Elementary

Headset: FSA Impact

Spacer: Carbon

Grips: Shadow Lil' Dirty

Seat: Macneil SL

Clamp: Shadow

Crankset: Odyssey Wombolt

Sprocket: Odyssey Vermont 25t

Pedals: Wellgo MG1

Chain: Industry

Rear hub: KHE Geisha Street 9t

Front hub: Proper

Spokes: Sapim black DB

Nipples: Alloy green

Front rim: Sun CR18

Rear rim: Sun RhynoLite XL

Rimstrip: Zefal

Tubes: Dan's Lite

Front tire: KHE Park Mac2

Rear tire: KHE Park Mac1.5

Mods:

Stripped frame, fork and bar (duh!)

Painted rear hub and the rims

Griptaped pedals

Drilled and cut seat

Cut seat bolt, post and drilled the post

Alu studs to the rear hub

Cut axles

// Gustav

Edited by Cyklist

Hey guys

So,,,I'm living in China and today i saw a Giant BMX going for less than 2000RMB (less than 140 pounds) and would like to get just to widen my experience and have a bike to thrash around on

Yet...the rims looks very thin and weak...maybe because I've been riding trials for a year and used to wide rims...I'm just curious ...whats the average width for a BMX rim?

Thanks

the rims looks very thin and weak...maybe because I've been riding trials for a year and used to wide rims...I'm just curious ...whats the average width for a BMX rim?

i dont think they get any wider than 36mm - 32 is more normal i think.

they're almost certainly going to be double or triple wall so strength isn't really a concern - the fact that giant make the bike you've been looking at worries me a lot more.

might as well post mine again since everybody else is at it

post-5340-1201294511_thumb.jpg

bike:

frame: colony sect 20.5

fork: sunday night v1

bars: federal light

front wheel: Animal GLH 2.1 on hazard light 48 on gsport Homer

back wheel: Animal GLH 2.1 on hazard light 48 on khe geisha street

sprocket: khe ninja 25t

chain: loophole without the loophole sticker

cranks: wtp royal (white cranks are gay but £20 cheaper)

pedals: khe stimulatorz (moving back to the khe mag ones while it's wet though)

seat: fancy fly one with metal bits underneath instead of plastic

seatpost: the expensive hoffman one

seatclamp: mankind

stem: odyssey elementary v2

grips: odi O grips (only mentioning them cos they're the best grips in the universe)

brakes: don't be gay

pegs: i'm being gay

weight: about 24lbs

child:

sex: male

jeans: timberland

jumper: asda

socks: asda

dummy: mothercare

nappy: pampers active fit (size 4)

weight: about 22lbs

haha, just spotted the lube - first one to circle it gets some kudos or a custard cream if they pay postage

Edited by poopipe

the fact that giant make the bike you've been looking at worries me a lot more.

unfortunately theres not a great deal of choice of where i live in china.

what about haro?they any good? my friend has a bike shop 2 hours away and he has a haro bike for sale

unfortunately theres not a great deal of choice of where i live in china.

what about haro?they any good? my friend has a bike shop 2 hours away and he has a haro bike for sale

haro make some pretty good completes - they also make some really cheap ones.

to put it quite simply.

any complete bike that costs less than about £270 in the UK will need completely replacing if you start to take riding it even vaguely seriously, they usually dont have a full cromoly frame, fork& bars so they weigh a lot and they're weak and the components are obvioulsy goig to be a bit crappy.

the good news is that even the cheap complete bikes that come from bmx specific companies like haro, we the people, khe, volume etc. do have proper geometry so they feel like the expensive bikes to ride (until something snaps off).

I'd avoid companies that primarily make mountain and road bikes because they dont have their reputation at stake if they produce a crap bmx whereas you dont last long as a bmx specific company if you churn out shit cos the community is relatively small and well connected - news travels fast..

Been looking around for a bmx to buy this year, and found the WETHEPEOPLE TRUST to be a gd buy, wat are people's forts on it?

and does anyone hav 1?

Mate has one, wethepeople make such good completes. For the money you will not find a better complete bike (Y)