Indoor Trials Event

tomturd

This event deserves to be a well attended success!

Respect to the organisers! The great thing is that it will hopefully be a top example to help make it easier to convince other councils etc to support similar events in other locations around the UK. Maybe Spunkey Monkey boy could pass on any useful tips on setting up such an event, and also experience after on how to run it, to others that want to run a similar event in their area. Keep some good notes now to help later on!

An indoor scene that can take place regardless of the weather and daylight will be a hugely attractive fixture on the trials calendar to compliment the natural trials scene!

I'm looking into whether I can make it!

Steve

hmm im really interested in coming to this, i live in brecon and could drive up no probs.

only thing is for the event if you dont have a helmet can you still ride? cos i wanna come but i don't have a helmet, yeah i know i should have one but i don't.

also im shit, does that matter?

i only moved to brecon in october and still not found anyone local to ride with (they all do XC round here :D) so i would come up on my own, if i do need a helmet i might just drive up on the saturday where are you setting off from for this ride and whats the parking like?

[Edit] if a coupple of people would like a lift i'm sure i could pick u up on the way, just pm me here to sort summit out

Edited by Sikamon

Me too :D

Exams are on 25th and 31st... I reckon I can squeeze it in  :D"

This event sounds like a top... err... event! :D

lol you know you can, my part 1 essay deadline is the 1st of feb. Between the 6 essays they make up 2 complete modules and 50% of two more :D"

Pete

...only thing is for the event if you dont have a helmet can you still ride? cos i wanna come but i don't have a helmet, yeah i know i should have one but i don't.

also im shit, does that matter?

Hey!

You've got plenty of time (2 weeks) in which to buy a helmet. We wouldn't want a nasty injury to occur at the event :D

See my sig for the reason why you should get one!

Also don't worry about being shit. I'm shit too, and it says that all standards are welcome. It's all about the taking part and riding with mates :D

After moving around some things in my diary, I'm definately going to be there!

Steve

lol you know you can, my part 1 essay deadline is the 1st of feb. Between the 6 essays they make up 2 complete modules and 50% of two more  :D"

Pete

You aint gotta travel very far though :D

And your exams arent worth 60% of your degree I imagine :D Ah well, i can find time i reckon :D

you dont have to have a helmet but it is advisable and if your riding in a dangerous manner i will give you a helmet to ride in or ask you to stop riding.

don't worry about being shit, i have organised the whole thing and can't ride for shit, i rode trials years ago but haven't riden properly for years...

me and my friend will be there at about 7 hopefully, i am really looking forward to it, are there any youth hostels or the like around llandudno. we are up for riding street on the saturday aswell, and getting pissed friday night i hope (Y) anyway see u there guys n well maybe gals.

me and my friend will be there at about 7 hopefully, i am really looking forward to it, are there any youth hostels or the like around llandudno. we are up for riding street on the saturday aswell, and getting pissed friday night i hope (Y) anyway see u there guys n well maybe gals.

Theres a hostel near ogwen i think, talk to phil or the cultivated lads

Pete

Will anyone be videoing it?

I might bring down the camera and get some video footage or if someone nearer wales wants to do it it'd be a good idea. Would be a good video with everyone riding (Y)

I've found out that Matts house (the party) is really close to Bangor Train station which is really good if we get the train from Llandudno to Bangor once the indoor jam's finished :P

Also who else is getting from the Train station to the Venue in Llandudno?

Maybe we could meet at the train station at some time?

Cheers.

Nick

EDIT:

Also would it be ok if we came early to help set it up because of the trains we want to get a train that only makes us do 1 change which gets us Llandudno earlier than 7.30. About 6.30 I think. Maybe just before....

Edited by mod661

well the evnt starts at 6.30 so if your there for half six you'll be the first riders in...

anyone coming from the station pm me and tell me what time your trains coming in, i will then give you my mobile number and when you arrive you can call me and either i or one of the other riders will come and meet you...

i've just checked trains and for anyone who can't get a lift from llandudno to bangor your going to be on the train with me which leaves llandudno at 21.42 and gives us 50 minutes of riding time in junction beofe getting the connection to bangor. we get to bangor at 5 to eleven and its 5 minutes to matts house so i can show everyone the way...

bit of an arse that theres not a better train but hey we can night ride the llandudno junction area and theres enought to do to keep us busy...

oh yeah with videoing it, i don't mind people videoing the event but if you do i would ask you not to put the footage up on the internet because we are having trouble raising fund to pay for future events so i'd like to make a good video and compile all the photos and then sell them. this may sound a bit off but when you consider this event has cost over £600 and we have only £50 coming back through entry fee i've got to find some way of making some money back for the club so we can afford insurance and to pay for venue hire. if everyone could respect this i would appreciate it alot, i'm not being tight i'm just trying to secure the future of indoor bike trials in north wales...

Edited by spunkey_monkey_boy

if i give you my mob no. do you wana give us a call when you get to llandudno and we might come and meet you for lunch if everythings going ok with the setting up. if were really ahead of schedule we might even come for a bit of a ride...

let me know and nearer the time i'll start handing out my no.