Bike Pics

Brisa

Just something regarding the closure of all bike pic threads... its shite. This forum is slowly becoming boring and too restricted.

Everyone likes to show off thier new bikes and everyone on here likes to see peoples bikes. Look at any "My new bike" thread and you will find it gets twice as many hits than "look at the pile of rocks in my area". Why is it that they are all being closed? I mean you close the "bike pics" thread and then close all the topics.. Dont say the gallery because who looks in there? Really am i the only one that thinks like this? I personally think its good to see peoples comments etc in a thread regarding bike pics.

I think the bike pics threads should be opened or the new bike threads left alone. We, the users are the people who use the forum and this is one thing that was quite good about the forum.

I sort of agree, but at the end of the day rules are there for a reason, and if it's of the opinion of Danny and Tom to restrict it to the gallery then so be it. At the end of the day, theoretically, it makes sense for pictures to go in a gallery.... (Y)

James

Edited by the666ers

Well said Louis

I too never look in the gallery and always enjoyed looking at new bikes in the sites pic and vid section. I know others who feel the same way too.

Thats what its for isnt it?

New pics

New videos

Whats the point in taking it away, there doing no harm

Why are they needed though? If everyone used http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ry&cmd=sc&cat=7 to the proper affect and commented on images theres no point in them. Were only trying to get you all to use the gallery.

Were currently working on enhancing the gallery further so users can create their own 'Album' specifically for their bike.

But it doesnt happen that way... people do what they are used to... people dont like change etc well i dont anyway

Oh well, they wont get to see pics of people's bikes then. Or they could just go and look.

For example: If i pissed on you every time you sat in a certain chair, you would learn to sit in a different chair!

If people are happy with the way it is i dont see the point in changing that. Yeah if your enhancing the gallery well then well done but it isnt done yet is it (Y) maybe if it is good people will use it.

sorry to be cheeky :P

Its not good though it just clutters things up and make things harder to find.

Soon there wont be any 'things' though... I dont like to say it because I know that you wont like it and I know youve worked a lot on it... but the gallery thing really is poop.

I've been here for years and i remember a time that we just had stickied threads for bike pics and a really simple uploader that anyone could work out. Now youve got a shitty backwards route to take to upload pics from what i can see and the gallery feature is simply too complicated for most members. The orums are for topics about trials and if you take pictures of peoples bikes away from that what are you left with - a new video post every now and then, and the rest of people asking about brake pads.

i cant help but think that the gallery works against the forum and is killing pictures of stuff off somewhat.

The gallery isnt complicated really, people should be able to work it out (Y)

But yeah, the normal uploader was easier, and the bike pics thread was better IMO, since it keeps them all in one place. Im bored of looking at bikes now!

Soon there wont be any 'things' though...  I dont like to say it because I know that you wont like it and I know youve worked a lot on it... but the gallery thing really is poop.

I've been here for years and i remember a time that we just had stickied threads for bike pics and a really simple uploader that anyone could work out.  Now youve got a shitty backwards route to take to upload pics from what i can see and the gallery feature is simply too complicated for most members.  The orums are for topics about trials and if you take pictures of peoples bikes away from that what are you left with - a new video post every now and then, and the rest of people asking about brake pads.

i cant help but think that the gallery works against the forum and is killing pictures of stuff off somewhat.

^^ I'm with this guy. I am all for trying to improve the forum, but the gallery just isnt doing that, it was much better when you could just click "uploader" and you had the pic, now you have to go My Controls>My Albums>Upload>Name the image/comment on the image, etc. etc. I know it only takes a few more minutes, but I can't be assed to do that if I want to upload just a general image of something like a desktop snap, or something like that, I can't be assed at all. I think the Gallery should be restricted to pics of bikes and rides, and then there should be a general uploader for chit chat, and random pics like how to find your head angle, or how to measure your brake mounts or something (things bike related, but paint drawn)

I dunno.

Jonathan Ian MacKinnon

I think the Gallery should be restricted to pics of bikes and rides, and then there should be a general uploader for chit chat, and random pics like how to find your head angle, or how to measure your brake mounts or something (things bike related, but paint drawn)

Getting complicated there..!

Yeah, well it isn't THAT hard to use the gallery - its just that you've gotta cater for the f**king retards that come on here as they are, in fact, your userbase! Like it or not. And the way it was before simply WAS easier for everyone, fact. Ever since I tried the gallery ages ago i've preferred to use my own private uploader rather than the gallery feature and some of the people replying in here are also completely capable, they just dont like it.

Would you fussy people prefer something like the following...

1. Create your own special 'album' just for your bike.

1.jpg

2. Put all the pictures you wish into it so people can view them.

2.jpg

3. Once people click on one image they can then select the other images in the gallery using the strip along the bottom.

3.jpg

Comments can then be placed where they like.

The bikepics thread was an absolute nightmate to moderate and i think i had removed over 600 posts from there alone by the time we closed it. Most of the images went missing in the end. And the image uploader ended up with over 10k images yet if we removed any of them it would lead to dead links everywhere. Least this way when an image is removed no dead links are left behind.

I don't really mind either way, I can see how hard it is to moderate a bike pics thread, and I can see how everyone can't be arsed to look through the gallery....

New skin starting to look good :P

Do we get the Admin control panel with the new skin? (Y) :P (Y)

Edited by Fishwog

About the being easier thing, it is true. Even people who are very computer literate will always take the easiest way. Like for instance, you probably only piss on me in my chair because its the closest to the door.

I didnt start this to be a wanker, i have been on here ages and dont recall making any useless wankery posts but its just something i seen as an issue.

About the moderating of the bike pics thread/uploader, im sure there are forum members who would take time to sieve through deleting useless posts and deleting any non-bike related uploads in the database.

I myself would do it if i had the access, i am on here a good few hours of every day.

If you want to take me up on that it will be on my head? I will take full reposnsability if it gets out of hand..