What Car Do You Drive ?

SPOON

You lot want a Toyota Starlet 1.3 turbo... My best mate just bought one, 0-60 in 6 secs, 200 BHP on the front wheels!

Seriously loud Dump Valve and huuuge intercooler... very nice... He's getting it lowered too, it's a jap import and is easily the sweetest hot hatch ive seen...

got a suzuki swift 1.3 gls, only 74 bhp, and insurance group 5, however im changin it in the next few days.

also it seemed to outhandle some 307 on some twisty b roads on monday, it came up behind me flashing lights revving engine in a 30 zone, soon as i left it i was up to 60, and kept it through 60 all the way down the road. the way my instructor tells me to drive. looked up into my rearview mirror on exiting a corner, and saw this peugeot 307(which would obiviously beat my car on top end speed),sliding across the road and clipping the verge.

swifts are light as hell, respect to anyone who has a swift gti.

hopefully gettin a 306 in the next few days, wanted a 1.9 xtd(only group 5 so not bad at 17), or a 1.8 petrol and keep it standard(group 6), however i seen a 1.4 not to far from mine, goin proper cheap(group 4), gives me more room for mods due to cheaper insurance.

also hopin to purchase a 1.6 capri as a project car in the next few months.

You lot want a Toyota Starlet 1.3 turbo... My best mate just bought one, 0-60 in 6 secs, 200 BHP on the front wheels!

Seriously loud Dump Valve and huuuge intercooler... very nice... He's getting it lowered too, it's a jap import and is easily the sweetest hot hatch ive seen...

200bhp froma 1.3 :- :)

when the mini breaks down, which isnt too often, but its happened a few times, i borrow my mums car....

it may not be massively quick, its a 1.9tdi sport 110bhp, full leather, air con, electric everything, soon to be chipped to 150bhp. but bugger me does it handle perfectly with the 225/45/17s on it!

when the mini breaks down, which isnt too often, but its happened a few times, i borrow my mums car....

it may not be massively quick, its a 1.9tdi sport 110bhp, full leather, air con, electric everything, soon to be chipped to 150bhp. but bugger me does it handle perfectly with the 225/45/17s on it!

rocktrials, go rip the trims off ur saxo first, and check studs, the amount of people i know who have thought that

4 bolt wheeltrims = 4 bolt wheels

then gone and bought vtr or vts alloys, then when its come to me helpin them fit the wheels, they find out they got 3 stud wheels.

as for the starlets, yeh i seen dyno readings of one puttin out 198 bhp at the wheels, (which is like 217 at the flywheel).

I'm guessing he's got a tuned one then...

they come with 133bhp as standard. Also, from what I've seen the standard alloys are not wide enough to put the power down properly.

rocktrials, go rip the trims off ur saxo first, and check studs, the amount of people i know who have thought that

4 bolt wheeltrims = 4 bolt wheels

then gone and bought vtr or vts alloys, then when its come to me helpin them fit the wheels, they find out they got 3 stud wheels.

as for the starlets, yeh i seen dyno readings of one puttin out 198 bhp at the wheels, (which is like 217 at the flywheel).

cheers, i mentioned it to my dad and he said they were three spoke :)

Its not uncommon for the boost to be wound RIGHT up though. Bit like 306, simple mod, quite a lot of power and a few miles down the road... New turbo please...

All too tmepting when it's easy :)

The Starlet is pretty beasty, but I prefer the Mazda 323 GT-R (150bhp 4wd) myself.

Well, you asked...

gallery_324_293_1986.jpg

Excuse the quality, silly camera phone.

It needs doors fitting, a plate welded in the front wheelarch, the hazard warning flasher rpelaced, the windscreen wiper motor replaced, the blue front seats that i've got put in, the windscreen washers unblocking and a little more sanding/spraying before its ready for an MOT.

Yeah, cheers Nick, i've welded in new sills and i checked the door gaps when i finished them off, they were ok then, but i guess things always go wrong!

When i say ready for mot, i really mean that i'll have sorted the things i know about, the car's bound to fail, but then i'll have a list of things to sort. And i get to rag it down to the test centre :-

Will be good once its on the road though! :o

It needs doors fitting,

its ready for an MOT.

tehehe

good luck to you matey!!!!!

i always thought hanging doors was simple by the look of it, until i actually did it!

my doors, which came off fitting perfectly, would not go back on right for any money :o

i spent a whole day tryig to hang the passenger door, the drives on took 10 mins to get right :-

it stood proud of the a-panel and wouldnt open at all, so ive had to use copious amounts of washers behind the hinges to move it back, but of course now the door gap at the back is stupidly small!!!!!

its a nightmare!

good luck

other than that, remember minis tend to fail on so many lil suspension things, im yet to have a mini go through an MOT without needing ball joints!

good luck!

nick

ps, thought id add a lil picture of the mini with the bike loaded up!

minis dont have too much rear seat space, so its actually easiest to just stick the roof rack on!