How The Hell Can I Get My Isis Cranks Off?

Davetrials

i wouldn't have thought so, the best way to do it would be to go out and buy a tool, then you can do it again and againw ith out fooking your crank or bb up.

thats what ive done. when i need a special tool, ive bought one. (well the most common ones anyway.)

i wouldn't have thought so, the best way to do it would be to go out and buy a tool, then you can do it again and againw ith out fooking your crank or bb up.

thats what ive done. when i need a special tool, ive bought one. (well the most common ones anyway.)

or then again, perhaps not....

all the isis tool has thats different is a wider end, which is the same as sticking a 5p in there!

i always found my cornish 5p's were fractionally too large and i had to file them down a touch. plus they do tend to bend....

i now use a domed headed bolt, just drop the threads into the bb hole and the head fills the gap perfectly!

It does work. Tried and tested method. It dosn't mess your crank or BB up. It can do though if you use a coin like a 1p one. As thats just cheap. :blink:

I had to do this last night, after ten mins of searching i found a bolt the could just be popped into the bb axle and the head was big and strong enough for the it not to bend or get stuck in bb axle and i just used the crank extractor as normal :blink:

i think the bolt was off a star fangled nut that could have the front brake cable put throu it!

as for your five pence, take other crank bolt off and tap it through with a skrewdriver or something!!

mike

Or you can get the little gizmo thing that u get with FSA bb's. It's shaped like a mushroom and goes into the axle with a big flat face on it for the crankpuller to have something to push on.

Only about £2 to buy

cant find i pick of it (Y)

Dave, take the other bolt off and hammer a screw driver through to get that 10p out.

Then listen to this man:

I had to do this last night, after ten mins of searching i found a bolt the could just be popped into the bb axle and the head was big and strong enough for the it not to bend or get stuck in bb axle and i just used the crank extractor as normal :sick:

i think the bolt was off a star fangled nut that could have the front brake cable put throu it!

as for your five pence, take other crank bolt off and tap it through with a skrewdriver or something!!

mike

Use a bolt.

Put the threaded bit towards the axle, and the head pressing against it. Works a charm.

My cranks just wobble when i've not got the bolt in. Saves hassle with extractors. (Y)

I used 5 5p's, and they all bent.

This is what i did, my cranks were tight as a camels arse in a sandstrom.

Get something like a nail, something long thin strong and metal. Cut it down to the correct length so that it sits good on the bolt on the other side, and then just use the crank tool as normal.

My dad cut me down a piston out of a desil engine. (Y)"

Works a treat.

:sick:

Edited by JT!

Wtf are you gonna do with that (Y)

I can't see how a piston could be used to remove a crank, with the expetion of wacking it with it (Y)

You slide it down so its resting against the bolt on the other side, so it goes stright through, then the crank tool has something to push against.

I might have not been a piston....its about 7mm think 15cm long. Did the job though! (A) :sick:

I use the coins as well. It does ruin them after one use, but whatever. Right now, I can take my cranks off without tools though, so it's all good.

A bolt works perfectly as well, and won't get deformed like coins. The derailleur hanger bolt is perfect for this.