End Of The Month

chrisatactiv05

yes the xxl is 1040! i found my mates 1020 to long  :">

mines standered 1010

:D

Thats because your a midgit, at just over 6ft :P

I personally can't even begin to imagine a leeson over 1020, which is what mine is. Mine feels pretty long to me, although i can still bunny hop it, which is a bonus B)

Hope this bike goes well for you, and you wont regret getting the leeson forks without a disk mount.

Send me some pics over msn when you get it (Y) and maybe we can arrange a ride (Y) (Y)

On the subject of Leeson's....Ive got one on order now 2!! Finalised it the other day after a long chat with Clive.He really is a top bloke, knows how to find out exactly what u want and what'll suit u best.

Im being boring and getting a pretty standard 1010, cos my ol' rocket is 1020 with heeeuuuuuuuuugggggeeeee rear stays - 415mm!!!

Gotta wait a month or so aswell, which gives me just enough time 2 decide on what colour 2 get it!

Im toying with the idea of Cove green, or a nice candy orange. Then again could just be boring and go for matt black like most frames (Y)

Piccies in 4-5 weeks!

Btw...Clive recomended getting square taper bb over isis, opinions on that? I know the beaerings are bigger in a square taper, and as long as u keep them tight they shouldnt round, but is it worth changing to isis or not??

Sorry to steal topic >< The XL sounds sweet mate, will have 2 get all the leeson owners out for a ride one day

M@

Errr... this topic is shit.

That's probably one of the most beautifully crafted responses I've ever heard (seriously!)

On the subject of what Clive will and won't do on a frame, my advice; LISTEN TO THE GUY!!! I had to beg clive to put on some disc mounts so as I could run a rear avid mechanical, and anyone want to guess what happened? Snapped frame two months down the line... But he repaired it for free, another bonus!

The thing with the seatpost/tubes; if you look at a "normal" leeson with a mini seat (like mine) you'll see that the seattube is tapered (gets wider at the bottom and narrower towards the top). Not sure how the physics works, but this is one of the features which helps to create the now legendary Leeson feel/stiffness, and transfers stress and load directly into the strongest part of the frame, the bottom bracket. I'm pretty sure thats how it works, but as I said, I'm sure Clive wouldn't go for it if it wouldn't work.

My Leeson is one of the shortest ever made at something like 998mm, which I love because its small enough to be bashed around like a moto-trials bike (I used to ride moto-trials), but also feels quite flicky like BMX, and is just as lovely as and all round trials bike.

Looks like Clives going to be busy for a while...

Rich

Edited by karsonlevoret

On the topic of Leeson's, I'm looking forward to seeing the new Leeson street frame. Clive was telling me the other day that he's got all the tubing and he knows what he wants to do he just wants somebody to test it.

He wouldn't tell me, although apparently Ed Tongue knows all about it :ermm: but he's basically trying to make the front end indestructable with some sort of new design.

Nice one for getting a Leeson, I can't recommend them highly enough. I've had mine for over 2 years and I've got nothing but a small dent on the chainstay. Clive loves me because I treat his bike nicely!

Anyway, post some pictures when the bike's finished (Y)

Stephen.

I just meant that there's been no word of redevelopment of the frame? People love the geo, so I'm guessing they'd just need to beef it up? So if they aren't doing that, there's probably a reason for it? The way Ed "knows all about [the Leeson frame]" suggests that he's involved in the development of it?

I just meant that there's been no word of redevelopment of the frame?  People love the geo, so I'm guessing they'd just need to beef it up?  So if they aren't doing that, there's probably a reason for it?  The way Ed "knows all about [the Leeson frame]" suggests that he's involved in the development of it?

May well be true, after all Matt Tongue has Leeson/Fluid23 connections...

I just meant that there's been no word of redevelopment of the frame?  People love the geo, so I'm guessing they'd just need to beef it up?  So if they aren't doing that, there's probably a reason for it?  The way Ed "knows all about [the Leeson frame]" suggests that he's involved in the development of it?

I don't think Ed has any real involvment other than giving an opinion every now and then. All I know is that when James from Swindon snapped his Leeson within 2 months Clive was pretty pissed off. He refunded James's £400 and set about designing a frame that could withstand even more abuse.

As far as I'm aware Ed is just riding BMX at the moment, so I don't think he's involved but who knows.

I think now that leeson have there own saddle out, if they didnt make there bikes with a proepr seat tube then they are limiting there sales themselves......which would be a bit silly.

Cant wait to see this bike though, i think it will look great (Y)

I'm pretty sure Edd Tongue had a very big hand in the New Street and Old Road BMX's, and Matt has always been good mates with Kris, so I wouldn't at all be surprised to know that they'd had influences on the trials frames. In fact I think it was after having a go on Edds 24" Ashton that Kris and his dad got to work on the 609.

Not sure about the story with James and the Leeson he snapped. Clive was pretty sure it was because the frame was taking lots of front end orintated stress, i.e, front taps, front hooks, heavy drops (and most people know how large James goes sometimes) so Clive said he'd try and make a few tweaks to the standard 660, basically beefing up the head tube for the new style of riders who were putting lots of abuse into the front end, but he did say it would take a while. I guess he's finally got round to it.

People have to remember, the 660 was never meant to be a production frame, it was designed, right down to the bone, to be the the exact frame for Kris, and Kris is an increadibly light/smooth rider, being very comp and natural orientated.

Rich