Coust Pads

scotty-trials

Ive was woudering, are the available to buy yet? As on the VTT Coustellier site they have new white backings. There is no update on the Danny Butler site about them. So does anybody know.....

1. When will they be available?

2. Cost?

Thx Scotty :(

1. They're available now from Fatmike

2. They're £18

:)

I'm kinda tempted by these, but how come they cost more from Fatmike?  I seem to remember Janson saying something about sending Michel Coustellier the money, so are people still able to do that?

Bank transfer. Costs either £10 or £18, depending on how much you send.

I did that, spread the cost out between the pads. :(

Works out cheaper for everyone really. :)

Mike.

Edit: Scotty/anyone, pm me, and send cash or cheque (or paypal if you add 65p), and i'll get them out to you in about 3 days. I've got 6 pairs left now. :P

Mike.

Edited by fatmike

http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthrea...light=home+made

^ A very nice job. To create the fit onto the maggie piston thingy, there is an o-ring captured in the back central hole of the backing that compresses to hold the pads on.

I could make something similar if there was enough interest, modifying the basic design of my curved Vee backing to add this fitting idea, adding the tabs back to run in the maggie brake guide and getting the o-ring fit idea to work too. Could cost around £10-£15 a pair of backings (including a first pair of pads), beautifully machined in the UK, for those wanting to pimp up their maggies a bit!

Steve

?? :- More info please?

yeah, but 3mm of soft compound pads that is usable, yeah there cool, and would be ace to pimp up the bike, but on a weekend of ridin , such as the N.Wales weekend in march, 3mm would last out a weekend of proper hard ridin if we wer lucky, running no tar, no grinds, and with no rain, hardly cost effective.

however it may be viable if the replacement pads could be fitted at home, and wer made available cheaply,

Good point! The replacement pads would indeed be cheaper than buying a complete pad & backing, the same as they are for my Vees.

It would be easy to change pads at home using the same method I have for the Vees as well. I guess the attraction of having a pimpier looking brake (and stiffer backing) plus cheaper pads after you've bought the backing will overcome the slight inconvenience of having to take out the old pads, tidy up the old glue, and glue in the new ones.

yeah, but 3mm  of soft compound pads that is usable, yeah there cool, and would be ace to pimp up the bike, but on a weekend of ridin , such as the N.Wales weekend in march, 3mm would last out a weekend of proper hard ridin if we wer lucky, running no tar, no grinds, and with no rain, hardly cost effective.

however it may be viable if the replacement pads could be fitted at home, and wer made available cheaply,