A*se

The Dude

You cant get a speeding ticket facing a camera. Its an invasion of privacy or something. There is one down the road from me that i have been 'flashed' by a few times (facing camera) and i still havent had anything through the post.

I think its something to do with when your coming towards a camera if it flashes you cant see so its unsafe.

You cant get a speeding ticket facing a camera. Its an invasion of privacy or something.

erm, how?

There are camera's that face you and take a picture of you in the car so you can't claim it wasn't you driving I think.

I've always thought the ones that flashed had to get you going away from them, the ones that point at you use infra red or something?

There are camera's that face you and take a picture of you in the car so you can't claim it wasn't you driving I think.

I think that they don't need a picture of you ie. who's driving the car, It's just the matter of who is the registered keeper of the car, and they get the penalty things through the post.

I watched something on Top Gear or somet program and a couple sold their car but didn't change the registration or keeper details and 4 asians were driving it, they had a picture of them from the Speeding camera but it didn't matter. Whoever the keeper was, they get the full wack from the Cops.

I think :)" (Y)

All I know is it depends what kind of camera it was.

Were there any other cars around at the time, that coulod have got flashed, and you mistakenly thought it was you?

it was a normal yellow speed camera, although i have heard that it is one of the many fakes around.

there was anothr car going the other way, but i know i was going over the limit, what a stupid thing to do.

Theres a load of stuff going around that if your going towards a camera it can't do you. Basicly I think its bull! If your speeding and caught by a camera then your fined simple, just slow down at the lines next time!

sounds like the most logical statement so far, im just hoping it was out of film/ one of the fakes.

its strange to be honest some places they face you and other places they dont. Either way they will get you.. just dont sign anything that comes through saying it was you or whatever

not signing what comes through is a bad idea, because then i get done for [evasion of the law or somew bollocoks.

i could always try and blarney that they dont have any proof, because the lines are on the other side of the road, and is not slod evidence

Edit. and stu, that camera wont have a lens for much longer.

Edited by The Dude

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/ - some interesting reading.

If it was a standard grey/yellow gatso camera you will NOT get done for setting it off going toward it. I believe you have to be informed within 14 days anyway, so as soon as this has passed don't worry about it.

Regards

Deano

As top gear or one of the programes pointed out the best way to have fun in a car and not get done is to make sure your doing over 170mph past one.

No go spend all your money adding the turbos and nitros.

Srry but Im in gt4 antisipation mode

my uncle already tried it in his motor bike

gsxr100 limited edition in black mmmmmmm (Y)

Dan`

and it cant catch you either

but the police will lol (he didnt get caught btw)

Edited by Brisa~Dan

Haven't read the whole thread, but anyone noticed that when you go towards the camera, it flashes when you are pretty much next to it, so it won't see your plate... There's one near us that we deliberately do 40 past (30 zone) to set it off... (Before you say irresponsible etc... it's a wide open road and any hazards are very visible, should be 40 zone IMO)