Xtr M952 Crankywankys

Swindon rider

Will they hold up to trials abuse?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Will they hold up to trials abuse?

• Yes
    • No

Righty ho, Im gettin a Curtis 24" and I am wandering which cranks I should go for? I know middleburns are the genral consensus, BUT I have always liked the XTR cranks, they are sellign on CRC for nice and cheap, and I was wandering if you think they wil hold up?

776.jpg

Please reply if you know facts about them, not you think, or had a mate who had a borther who had a unckle who mioght know someone who had some canks that might have looked like those once in a while, maybe, possibly, but your not sure. ETC

Cheers

Stu

EDIT: oh and I will be getting a Leeson bashguard :turned:

Edited by Swindon rider

Righty ho, Im gettin a Curtis 24" and I am wandering which cranks I should go for? I know middleburns are the genral consensus, BUT I have always liked the XTR cranks, they are sellign on CRC for nice and cheap, and I was wandering if you think they wil hold up?

776.jpg

Please reply if you know facts about them, not you think, or had a mate who had a borther who had a unckle who mioght know someone who had some canks that might have looked like those once in a while, maybe, possibly, but your not sure. ETC

Cheers

Stu

EDIT: oh and I will be getting a Leeson bashguard :turned:

theyre used on a few DH bikes so i think theyre pretty strong. come on pashleys..

i think gee anderthon(sp?) sponsored by MUDDY FOX uses them

a mate who had a borther who had a unckle

surely thats just the mate's uncle? nice spelling!

anyways, not used XTRs (wish i had the money, lucky devil) but they look pimp, and i'm sure they'd be strong enough. mr beast himself, jeff lenosky used to use em, n he bent them 3 piece jobbies in evolve/contact!

go get em cowboy!

smiffy

surely thats just the mate's uncle?  nice spelling!

anyways, not used XTRs (wish i had the money, lucky devil) but they look pimp, and i'm sure they'd be strong enough.  mr beast himself, jeff lenosky used to use em, n he bent them 3 piece jobbies in evolve/contact!

go get em cowboy!

smiffy

i've got a arm in a sling, and typing left handed quickly is quiet hard, and i cannot be arsed to go back and correct my mistakes because it envolves lots of arm movemtns, to the mouse, etc, and im realy lazy and cant be arsed (Y)

i'm gonna go for them me thnkys :turned:

stu (crippled)

i've got a arm in a sling, and typing left handed quickly is quiet hard, and i cannot be arsed to go back and correct my mistakes because it envolves lots of arm movemtns, to the mouse, etc, and im realy lazy and cant be arsed (Y)

i'm gonna go for them me thnkys :P

stu (crippled)

stuart you got a little graze on your arm :P :turned: haha

get them you nobba :P

The 952's need a 952 or 950 BB. They come in 112ish and 116mm spindles I think. I have the 116mm 950 BB on my XC bike since they're rebuildable.

Can't fault the cranks, just the annoying 4 arm BCD's of the normal rings. Running 5 arm CD now.

Has anyone got pics of the Leeson bash? I half fancy sticking the XTR's on my ET now.

Jon

Basically... Yes.

I believe last year XTR cranks won an award for the lightest cranks for cross-country AND the strongest cranks for downhill.

In the same year.

Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know?

That'll of been at least 3 years ago. XTR have been XC specific since then with the hollowtech shizzle.

They'll definitely be strong enough but I'm not sure on the BB.