Ashton 24 - Finally Built

the666ers

Yeah XC versions. These are 600gram + dh ones so they should be fine. Back brake is f**king immense, I'm loving it! Had a ride today on it and I'm getting used to it really quickly. It's just an effortless bike to ride in general because of the weight and set up.

I may change the stem to a higher rise on to make bunny hops a bit less difficult but apart from that I'm super pleased with it. Glad you all really like it, I expect I'll be out on this more than the street bike for a while so look out for it :angry:

Thanks

James

• 4 months later...

That'll be those chuffing big bunnyhops, eh James? (Y)

Nah, it sucks it broke. One of the nicest bikes I've seen, and I know you digged riding it. Just get Leeson to make you one with the same geo, should be peachy :D

How long before someone tells you to claim on warranty?

I'm just gonna ride it till destruction and then see what I can afford. I will probably get a Leeson yeah so we'll see how it goes. I don't think I'm gonna bother with the warranty, what's he gonna offer me? A justice (Y) 5 months is pretty pathetic though. I only rode it about 2 times a week aswell. No wonder they sold them all off cheap.

I can get the same colour done again if I like too so I'll post a pic if and when I get a new frame. I'll probs go for some pashley forks as well if I get a steel frame so the proportions are right. I'll post a pic when it actually snaps for comedy.

James

Its like the zebdi situation a while back, a guy I know told me he'd cracked his, I went to check mine, found this under the toptube..

gallery_1758_41_109192.jpg

Asked James if his was ok, gone in the same place, asked somebody else, so had his...

10 Months I've had mine, and I'm not exactly big, my fault I've broken it though, silly me for trying hooks on one.

Super sexy bike - really like it. Bet it'll be fun to ride too. Just out of interest, what were the 'adapters' for?

what's he gonna offer me?

Not a lot. Warranty only covers manufacturing defects.

Its like the zebdi situation a while back, a guy I know told me he'd cracked his, I went to check mine, found this under the toptube..

Jon Fisher's has started going there as well...

I think seeing as every single ashton has gone there, it could safely be classed as a manufacturing/design defect...

I'm not that fussed to be honest. I didn't pay full price and the crack isn't huge yet so I'll just ride it till it breaks.

The adaptors were to move the calipers out from the forks enough so that the parallel push design cleared the legs. More shit design there.

Never mind. Bikes are for riding, and money is for spending.

James