Dental Problem. Anyone Got Dentist Parents?

BONGO

Ok, my upper left 'fang' is often sensitive to hot or cold. it feels like pressure builds up inside the tooth when i have cold food or drink and then when it gets quite painful, it kind of 'clicks' or 'cracks'. I feel the click and i can hear it, although nobody else can (as it's so quiet, but in my own head so only i can hear it).

once the click has happened, there is no more pain and the pressure feeling is gone.

it will do it a few times a day. It's not a great problem to my life but i am puzzled as to what it could be.

any help would be great.

thanks in advance.

john.

I was going to say just use some toothpaste for sensitive teeth, but it sound more serious.

Best get a check-up, just in case its something serious.

:ermm:

I get this too on my right fang, and like you I have bashed my teeth out :ermm:

The one I get it with is one of the ones that came back out but was shoved in to grow again. I don't get it a few times a day, more like once every few weeks or so.

I'm also interested in what that could be..

I get this too on my right fang, and like you I have bashed my teeth out  :ermm:

The one I get it with is one of the ones that came back out but was shoved in to grow again. I don't get it a few times a day, more like once every few weeks or so.

I'm also interested in what that could be..

ditto.

hmmm!

The tooth i knocked out and had put back in again gets Absys above it now and then which cause pressure and sometimes lots of pain in my mouth but will go after a week or some antibiotics. Recently i had a massive swelling above the teeth and the dentist stuck a scalplel in it and burst what was effectivly a spot since then this little "pocket" has been filling now and then with presumerably puss :ermm: I burst it and its gone for a few weeks, since this i have had no more swelling above the tooth!

Sorry that doesn't help an awful lot but go see your dentist it might be something similar.

Dan

my little story.....

I'll ask.

Righteeho! She sayeth:

It's either a dmaged nerve or a fractured root. Book a dentists appointment, keep it clean. He will probably need a dentists appointment to see which it is, they will do an X-ray and will treat accordingly.

Try it, I guess.

Edited by Haz

The tooth i knocked out and had put back in again gets Absys above it now and then which cause pressure and sometimes lots of pain in my mouth but will go after a week or some antibiotics. Recently i had a massive swelling above the teeth and the dentist stuck a scalplel in it and burst what was effectivly a spot since then this little "pocket" has been filling now and then with presumerably puss  :ermm:  I burst it and its gone for a few weeks, since this i have had no more swelling above the tooth!

Sorry that doesn't help an awful lot but go see your dentist it might be something similar.

Dan

my little story.....

My tooth just got an absys in it and it hurt like hell, and so I went to the dentist and got it drilled out, and had to keep going back every couple of weeks, and also like you, after the first time he drilled it out after that there was a puss swelling above the tooth so my dad stuck a needle in it and popped it, then i had to keep squeezing puss out every couple of hours for the next few days!

How FUN!!!!

• 4 years later...

Has the Dentist Not been able to find a fault with the Offending Nasher?

Sounds to me like a crack in the root, exposing the nerve and swelling/contracting with hot and cold.

But im no dentist, a good dentist will simply Xray it and say whats up.

I get that exact problem on my front teeth, most of them are overly sensitive. I've had my teeth x-rayed, and he says my teeth are just sensitive and I should use sensidine toothpaste.

He's not a NHS dentist either, he's a private one in North London - so good. Got a TV on the roof so you can watch what you want while he "works on you".

haha listen young thornton, you're not big and you're not clever, with those kind of answers!

PM me your website i can't remember it...

Dentist doesn't know what it is which is strange. :(

Try the sensitive toothpaste like i suggested... 4 years ago.

I recently stopped using it, and all my sensitivity came back, started re-using it, it all went away.

(Y)