Homemade Frames + Parts

Will Arnold

i couldnt really find what i was looking for in the search :blink:

but i thought this would be interesting if everyone who has made a frame or parts before could post a piccy of them here.

will make a great thread me thinks :(

i will post my efforts in about a months time, anyone want to put their past projects or whatever in here then feel free.

cheers :)

Will

i dont want to seem big headed,, but i do consider myself quite a master in the art of bodging homemade bike bits.and everything else.

heres a rough list

sorry i dont have many photos,,

longer maggy lever blade

extendable telascopic maggy lever blade

aluminium booster

steel booster

carbonfibre booster

custom road frame+fork

cutom trials frame mk 1

custom trials frame mk 2

custom street / jump frame mk1

homemade motor bike (scary)

recently a homemade mini go kart 50cc

disk forks

super tall bike,saddle is nearly my head height,,very amusing and fun

an amphibious recumbent tricycle/boat...(really im not joking!!)

some electronic curtains,with a peddle in the bed..

homemade blowtorch,,

bashring

a kind of ski bike sledge thingy...V fun around xmas..

a REALLY nice custom chopper mk1

custom chopper mk2

homemade maggy pads..

custom pedal cages.

a very fast push go kart, with a van seat and no brakes..

a fiat panda 4x4 off-roading roll cage...

i think the list could go on and on and on.................

and iv loved making them ALL!

the list above is some of the things i have made faily properly,,the list of true bodges would be even bigger i think..hehe

enjoy laffin at the list

Dunno why u said i would turn up with much, :( but i have made a few things, well, sort of.

Here is my Carbon booster i made for my DT project, 9mm thick, and works a treat:

gallery_84_50_64344.jpg

Not sure if this counts, but this is my middleburn bash that i turned down on the lathe, 20t size now, with material taken off the back to make clearence for a KMC kool chain. I also made the tool to fit it onto the lathe, but i have no good pics of that, and it is no where near as good as Edd Potts's one.

gallery_84_50_60587.jpg

I also made a frame :) um, didn't turn out as i wanted it to realy, lol, got a few measurements wrong, please don't laugh at it, it has fealing as well u know.

gallery_84_50_46217.jpg

I have also made some 50mm coust pads, um, abit good on a koxx rim they are :blink:" lucky Rob.

Adam

Edited by Bigman

Not sure if this counts, but this is my middleburn bash that i turned down on the lathe, 20t size now, with material taken off the back to make clearence for a KMC kool chain. I also made the tool to fit it onto the lathe, but i have no good pics of that, and it is no where near as good as Edd Potts's one.

gallery_84_50_60587.jpg

I also made a frame :blink: um, didn't turn out as i wanted it to realy, lol, got a few measurements wrong, please don't laugh at it, it has fealing as well u know.

gallery_84_50_46217.jpg

Adam

Just don't use the split link at all its just a risk not worthy of taking.

when i snapped my last kmc kool chain it snapped on a normal link, not on the split link thing :(

its just as strong as the rest of the chain imo and a bad join with a chain tool could be weaker :blink:

im happy anyways :)

cheers

Dunno why u said i would turn up with much,  :P  but i have made a few things, well, sort of.

Here is my Carbon booster i made for my DT project, 9mm thick, and works a treat:

gallery_84_50_64344.jpg

gallery_84_50_60587.jpg

I also made a frame  :P  um, didn't turn out as i wanted it to realy, lol, got a few measurements wrong, please don't laugh at it, it has fealing as well u know.

gallery_84_50_46217.jpg

I have also made some 50mm coust pads, um, abit good on a koxx rim they are  :P" lucky Rob.

Adam

Woooo. f**kin ell pet! They're just plain amazing... That boosters a bit sexy int it? :P

Cheers,

Joe.