Round 1 ------- British Round

IOLO

just thought it was vital that there was a topic on the british round at brimham rocks today !

thanks to everyone helping organise this event,, i personally thought the sections were great and well thought out and varied. the event was very well organised as well. THANKS!

the weather was sunny with about three 10 min rainings,, which was ok..

if anyone has pictures put them on here as well, would be great ,,,

so post what you thought of the event here, and maybe post some well deserved thanks to the observers, section setters and organisers !

>_<

Edited by IOLO

well done for winning yollow. :(

I think I sopke to about 10 riders who though the end was 3:30 but was apparently 3:15, docked 2 dabs >_< , but meh, the way it is, I turned up an hour late so i was heptic, lol.

It was a great trial, The last 2 trials this year I done I never really enjoyed, but I enjoyed this one, it's better when I get to talk to myself (Y)" , not sure why, but it awas a really good trial.

Cheers to everybody, observers, organisers, courses layers, barbs. etc (Y)

Phil.

I thought the sections were VERY though, but that might just be cos its my first time in masters.

I rode REALLY badly (as usual) I dropped 69 dabs and came 5th I think.

Akkers is still on the ball, he dropped 25 which is very impressive, shame I never saw him ride the whole day.

Slinger and Savage were on fire, I didnt think some of these sections were possible, let alone get scores as low as theirs aat the end of the day (12 th savage and 18 to slinger?)

Iolo had a stormer of a ride to take the win in expert, good on you >_<

lets hope I ride better at the next one.

Great day to day, i thought the trial was set out really well and there were some great sections. Shame i had 3 silly fives which set me back to 6th instead of 3rd in seniors any way theres always the next round.

-Hugh

Was a really good event and very well organised even though I spent ages trying to find section 7 (Y)

I looked at the sections in the morning and thought it was my funeral but by the end of the day It had all dried up nicely and the sections were great :(

sections 7 to 10 were uber (Y)"

Anyone have some intresting bails? My front wheel feel out >_< and I had a massive over the bars incident (Y)

Edited by Xdream

Well done to aran for winning!

I managaed some absolute scorching sections on the top, but I just couldnt cope with all the mud at the bottom! I managed to clean section 8 in just 22 seconds! Not sure where i finished, but it was somewhere in the middle i think, on 59,

I thought it was a pretty good day over all, I really liked the sections, there was plenty of hard stuff, and some nice easy stuff to get you moving. shame about the rain, but that just makes it a bit more interesting i spose.

Bring on the next round at addingham!

Tim.

good to see some good comments there,,

im a bit suprised at the lack of people posting though,,

i would have thought people in the trials world would have had more interest in

the british bike trials CHAMPIONSHIPS....

but ho humm..

i guess theres more interest in doing crap 270s with about 5 hops off kerbs

at the moment,..

but thats the way it is.... at least there was a good amount of people riding the event...

im  a bit suprised at the lack of people posting though,,

but ho humm..

at the moment,..

but thats the way it is.... at least there was a good amount of people riding the event...

Hear hear (Y)

was a good day!

i thought i did quite well for my first national.. came 3rd in femina :D

also had a little practice sesh with lois after with her dad, was really chilled and found that when i had a 2nd stab at the section i could of done it better :D

i was quite amazed how people knew me.. and i didnt realy know them :D haha

but was really cool will be riding the 2nd round

also.. wonder if chris will stick them pics up of everyone he took :P (Y)

Nadine.. :(

Edited by crazy_gap girl

i was quite amazed how people knew me.. and i didnt realy know them :D  haha

Nadine.. :D

Ha I did that :D I walked up to you asked how you were doing and then rode off (Y) forgot to introduce my self, I was the lad on the all blue echo

I'll be ridding round 2 hopefully expert not out of class but I really would have had all fives at the trial on red so I changed it.

im  a bit suprised at the lack of people posting though,,

but ho humm..

at the moment,..

That's such a load of bollocks. You live up fairly close to Yorkshire, yeah? What's all around you? NATURAL. That's right, loads of rocks and shit like that littered about, meaning you have loads of options and opportunity to go ride natural, practise for comps and so on.

Not everyone is in the same position. A lot of people only have street to ride on, so they enjoy that more because that's what they have to ride and that's what evolves their style of riding.

More to the point though, who the hell are you to tell people what's "right" to ride? Your opinion means nothing! Fair enough, you might prefer doing it, but to have a go at people for doing a different version of trials is totally pointless/unwarranted. I want to ride the Nationals, but they're all damn far away so I've got little to no chance of getting to them. I don't really give a shit if you and Barry want to have a go at me for not being "commited" enough or whatever, but I really couldn't give a shit about that. I ride trials, I have fun. My version of trials is a little different to yours, but that's life. Get over it.

i thought the trial was good sections were ok, i rode realy bad due to being ill for the last few weeks and no food = no energy. lol. i thought it was a bit out of order that several of the british biketrial rule's were compleatly abolished, just because a local, good friend of the organisers, rider had to be at work. but hey they are only rule's, they only form the whole structure of the competition.

and now you all prob's gonna moan at me but i still like my opinion to be known however wrong you all think it is.

no complaints about any of the sections though and the general organisation was very good, thanx to those envolved.

was a real small entry i thought for a british. lots of faces missing. maybee it was just the travel or somthing keeping them away.

it was good to see some younger riders doing well. and id just like to say ,there is a small lad named robin i think, he gave out the trofies. well i think he is a real insperation!

rob.

lol ladys...

to me its what ever floats your boat.. get over that! :angry:

ye,, lol..

erm i do feel as if i should apologise lightly,,, :">

i REALLY did not mean to say street riding or ANY riding is better or worse..

''who the hell are you to tell people what's "right" to ride?''

well i didnt tell anyone anything,, thinck youve just got a bit over annoyed mate...

as i did when i put my post on,,, sorry,, i was just dissapointed that such a great event didnt get much interest......

i can hardly say that a certain type of riding is better or worse...!

i like all kinds of trials, sk8 park stuff and DH xc

i LOVE road biking,, and i use a adult size tricycle to get around... (N)

sorry i offended you..... and at the end of the day it really is what nadine said..

' what ever floats your boat.. '

and i suppose on returning from that comp,, my boat was nearly flying due to natural riding..(maybe cos i won (N)" :"> )

respect

IOLO

i only ever ride street because thats alls near me, i thought the sections were really good the mudd made them hard but if it was dry then they would have been quite easy, i had a really bad start as my car broke down about 2 miles from the comp,not happy about after a 250 mile drive, was think how the f**k am i going to get home so i fived the first 5 sections then got my head on and cleaned loads afther that, cant wait to the next one hope my car wont die and ll be in the right mind might do bit better then

well done iolo (Y)

thaks to every one who helped make it a great day

well done to all riders that competed!

well done to the man iolo on taking the gold :-"

i wish i could have got there why do i have to live in north wales :D

the pictures i have seen upto now look really good! and it looks like a very nice event!

ah well rochdale soon should be a laugh!

well done to all riders and to the people who help make these events possible (Y)