Trials-forum Hierarchy

Royaltrials

The most interesting thing about trials-forum is the senior member community. Anyone agree?

I used to come on here to talk about tyres, grips and backhops. Nowadays I get distracted by watching the rest of us mere mortals compete to become a senior member. It can be quite entertaining.

We can talk about other people in the community, right..? Just don't be rude.

Here's three names to get people talking for now:

- Mike Singleton

- Joe Maher

- Nic Shephard

Do comment on my post if you feel the need.

Put Nic Shephard back.

He kept it real, and hilarious.

So does he not keep it real, and be hilarious when he's an ordinary memeber?

The most interesting thing about trials-forum is the senior member community. Anyone agree?

I used to come on here to talk about tyres, grips and backhops. Nowadays I get distracted by watching the rest of us mere mortals compete to become a senior member. It can be quite entertaining.

We can talk about other people in the community, right..? Just don't be rude.

Here's three names to get people talking for now:

- Mike Singleton

- Joe Maher

- Nic Shephard

Do comment on my post if you feel the need.

Jeez Ad, get you and your 'controversial' topics :S First the "North/South Divide", now the "Trials-Forum Hierarchy"? Bit bored or summat (Y)

I don't think there's any real issue, from what I can tell. The SM's just help out Danny/Tom with the design of the forum and other suggestions like that, and help mods/admin out by pointing out posts that need work (actually got messaged about this needing to be moved. Progress for you...). If you've got a beef about it, it's your opinion I guess.

Mark

there is definetly a heirachy, and it seems a lack of consisteny in the moderating

*ahem* mark *ahem*

the only problems other that than is the constant bitching ;)"

I love you too (Y)

Seen the moderating logs recently? Or the list in my PM Inbox of all the stuff I've done for people, e.g. closing threads/moving stuff/looking at dodgy posts, all that stuff? Like I've said countless times to other people, if you have a problem with me being a moderator talk to Tom and Danny (Who, incidentally, I had to rim, not suck off Joe :S).

Go nuts.

Mark

I love you too (Y)

Seen the moderating logs recently?  Or the list in my PM Inbox of all the stuff I've done for people, e.g. closing threads/moving stuff/looking at dodgy posts, all that stuff?  Like I've said countless times to other people, if you have a problem with me being a moderator talk to Tom and Danny (Who, incidentally, I had to rim, not suck off Joe ;)).

Go nuts.

Mark

Sorry i always get confused mark :S

I can't remember any real arguments between Seniors and normal members recently at all to be honest.....

Senior members I suppose are the ones who are meant to set an example to all the other members and be as helpful as they can. Senior members for example may know more about the forum than other members so if someone has a question it would be safe to say they can PM one of the pink names at the bottom of the forum index and they will get a decent answer. We also suggest candidates for validation etc.....

As Mark has said we are also here to help admin/mods with any forum bugs etc and help with any future changes that are made to the forum. For example all the SM's knew about the new skin before all other members.

[sARCASM] Most importantly of all though we are here to talk down all the normal members and belittle them, as well as waste our whole lives being grumpy and moaning about you buggers [/sARCASM]

The forum is a dictatorship yes, there are heirachy's and rules but without them the forum would probably be a lot worse for everyone.

James

Royal Trials you don't half turn up with some rubbish.

Like others have said if we didn't have a heirachy here it would just be a mess. So what if someone wants to become a senior member anyway? They've got something to look up to and they want to be it, so what if its only over the internet its most defiantly not one step down to what they were before. Becoming a senior member can make you get noticed more? It can have advantages, an upper hand. People might buy more things you sell and if your lucky might even get things cheaper. Theres loads of advantages not many disadvantages so why not attempt at being just that little bit more.

The senior members have helped this forum no end. I was here 3 years ago and you should have seen some of the idiots then posting like mad just to get their post count up. Bill for example he posted so bloody much. Then someone decided (not sure if was tom-danny or a senior member stopped the chit chat area adding to the post count) it worked. Bill more or less died out and since the post count has been removed you hardly ever see him, he's rare.

I think this is the second time you've annoyed me. The first was when after me, saying that I had gapped 8.6ft static. You said there was no way I could have done that. But I did do it, people witnessed it. I had been riding about 2 and a half years by then so I certantly had enough experience. Even though now I'm rubbish at static gaps (bloody 24").

Theres my rant over.

Edited by Trials Punk

As far as i see it, if you wan't to become a Senior Member/Moderator, you will go about this by posting decent, helpfull and informative posts.

Is there really anything wrong with that happening?

Controversial? Be glad someone is posting something decent for people to reply to, and have a mature, orderly discussion.