Tensile Urban Legend Cranks

Hobnobs

tensileurbanfrontandback.jpg

Just saw these on onza.com, they look lovely, and dont have the thing which hits your ankle any more!

Im guessing they're stronger than the traditional tensiles due to the "urban" name.

derailleur_saver.jpg

"the new Onza derailleur saver means that the derailleur is supported form both sides and ensures nothing will bend just from leaning the bike on it...
the kit includes two of the studs which fit into the bottom and the extended skewer nut."

those cranks look like they will be good (Y) I think i will be getting some once my normal tensile go (they are a bit bent :"> ) - not a complaint, its my own doing. Will they be ffw compatable. I hope so

and the mech save is a good idea (though you can just use a homemade steel hanger/strengthening plate too)

Mike

those crank have a pretty shite bb interface (Y) and i dunno how they are gonna get pedals to stay in with no threads

he he nah they look far nicer than the standard tensiles, altho are starting to look a little middleburn esque.....but meh, if they work well im not fussed, the current tensiles are great but a bit ugly i find so these would be a very tempting upgrade

the mech saver is an interesting idea, like to see how that fares, im presuming it will work with a surly or whatever other ss tensioners are available?

those cranks look like they will be good (Y)  I think i will be getting some once my normal tensile go (they are a bit bent  :"> ) - not a complaint, its my own doing. Will they be ffw compatable. I hope so

and the mech save is a good idea (though you can just use a homemade steel hanger/strengthening plate too)

Mike

oh ye, works a treat that and costs feck all.

cranks look interesting, cant wait to see the finnished product, although I wont be needing any as I have just got some uci tensiles.

Talking of hitting your ankle, I am glad my shoes have decent ankle protection, I wouldnt have skin left otherwise.

The cranks look sweet, the mech hanger seems a good idea but a little unnecesary for most trials riders. The actual mech would probably bend itself anyway so it may be a little ineffective...good for trying a fresh idea though :lol:

mechs can take a fair beating before actually breaking and becoming unusable - a hell of a lot more than a crappy aluminium hangers.

plus I would much rather spend £15 on a sora mech than a shitty hanger

mike

ok cranks look wuvly.

one thing how the fook do you get your ankles caught on your normal tensiles.

i havent and there finer to me. just position your feet properly.

i think if you had a gu frame with those gu forks which looked carved those cranks would look pimp.

also how the hell do they look like middleburn's. my nans zimmerframe looks more like middleburns than them.

mech hanger look lke a pimp idea.

simon x