Oh Cr*p

the_soon_to_be

No offense but how the hell can you be shitting yourself over some results? They don't mean shit loads to your life, it all depends what you want to be really, but if you can't do what you want to be go do an apprenticeship if you like, theres lots and lots and lots of available things to do for people with not so good qualifications :huh:

Corish

No offense but how the hell can you be shitting yourself over some results? They don't mean shit loads to your life, it all depends what you want to be really, but if you can't do what you want to be go do an apprenticeship if you like, theres lots and lots and lots of available things to do for people with not so good qualifications (Y)

Corish

right now , theyre all ive got (Y)

I've tried not to think about them really. I've got uber high standards to keep up 'cos my parents always compare me to the 'model' student of my sister, who got A's and A*'s all the way through, and took an extra subject.

I don't want to disappoint but I should do OK. I did revise and all my teachers told me they thought I'd do at least ok, but usually well.

My worst subject is probably English, but I thought the exams went alright, and If you didn't pick up I think I'm quite literate.

So I'm kinda looking forwards and kinda not. I don't know whether to open them at school. Since it's a grammar school you get all the geeks who are super smart opening theirs and saying:

'oh my god, i can't believe I got an A, I wanted all straight A*'s *runs off to cry*' and they just don't know what effect It has on other people when they're chuffed you've got all A-C's and a good few B's and/or A's (Y)

I'm still very apprehensive through. (Y)

going to get them tommorrow and honestly not looking orward to, but on the bright size i get £100 for every C and above, and if all are i also get a mini, yay

gaz...

Mate what the hell is that all about, £100!! were you live a bank

To tell the truth i am a little bothered about my results but i just would like to get into collage (Y) results are not everything i don't believe.

Edited by mavic

£100 for each pass??? And who's financing that? Bloody hell, no excuse for not passing them all. Would have been worth a grand to me, which was about as much as my part time job at the time would have earned in a year...

Maths and English are essential for most jobs - they demonstrate basic numeracy and literacy skills, and unless you have a disability such as dislexia or discalcula I can't see any reason why you can't get at least a D in these.

I've found that application forms for high-end post-grad jobs GCSE's do matter. They like to filter out 'consistently high-achieving individuals' and unless you've got something else on your CV that says 'I'm good' (no, not 'captain of school hockey team'), without As/Bs/Cs you get binned.

But my brother hasn't got GCSE English (I don't think), left school at 16 and last week took home £400 cash. And that isn't some kind of two week summer job effort, that's every week if he wants. All depends what you want to do, but decisions now CAN affect the rest of your life. I messed about at university and had rubbish marks for the first two years and then realised that potential employers like to know these marks. Not difficult to come unstuck...

No its a Typo, I see you were on that course at some point though

ffs...... i thought it was well funny (Y)

good luck one and all! mind you pieces of paper are never as good the real thing, for those of you set to do A levels, enjoy..... for those of you about to enter jobs.....welcome to the real world :lol: (Y) :lol: :)

So then whos first.

Im trying to get in college for an apprentship with my step dad (brikki)

im in set 3's an always used to get thrown out of school n basically have a good time.

My results.

Enginnering = 2 c's

English lang= C

English Lit= D

P.E= D

SCI= D

R.S= C

4 c's and the rest basically usless d's

But im still smiling :P