The Owner Of Koxx Bikes

deadly venom

Is Vincent Hermance the owner of Koxx Bikes or is he just sponsored by Koxx?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of Magura Hydraulic brakes? I have read mixed reviews about them. Are they better than V brakes? Are V brakes better than Magura's? Or is it just a matter of preference?

Lastly, what is the advantage of the long wheelbase frames? Are they more stable than shorter wheelbase bikes? Does the added wheelbase aid in riding up steps?

Please folks, give me the info

Thank you,

Deadly venom

Edited by deadly venom

well his dad owns it "Dominique" i think its spelt.

hes an absolute diamond geeza! just like his son Vince. :) (Y)

Waynio.......................

Long wheel base frames make most moves easier to do.............steps and bridges are made easier as the bike is longer..........i think this is why we are seeing more and more companies release bikes like koxx as they know that they have the advantage.

Waynio,

Does the added wheelbase hinder a rider in performing bunny hops? It seems that the long length would make it a little more difficult to pull large bunny hops. By the way, with some of these frames having such high bottom brackets, what kind of stem would you put on a frame that had a 60mm+ bottom bracket?

Oh and to the magura thing. look at how many people use magura rim brakes???? and that does answer the question. if you set the brake up poor dont expect miracles!!!!! if the brakes set up well expect a brake to work well. its all simple. a grinder and a half decent set of pads usually helps with that one.

Waynio.....................

Waynio,

Does the added wheelbase hinder a rider in performing bunny hops? It seems that the long length would make it a little more difficult to pull large bunny hops. By the way, with some of these frames having such high bottom brackets, what kind of stem would you put on a frame that had a 60mm+ bottom bracket?

its more just a case of getting used to the bike, but in general a short - mid range bike are more easy to bunnyhop than really long ones.

generally people run higher rise stems on high bb rise bikes - the vinco for example uses a mod stem.

the most important thing about brakes is the setup, maguras ain't just better than vee's - with a good setup and good pads, both maggies and vee's can provide plenty of power.

i think magura's are popular, not because they are better than vee, but because they were better than cantilevers and u brakes back in the day. People often stick to what they know works.

Waynio,

If youre exceptionally tall then longer wheelbases wont hinder bunnyhopping as such, but for more 'average' sized people it may be harder to get the leverage needed to lift the front wheel. I ride a 1080mm t-rex frame and i have no problem bunnyhopping up stuff on it, probably because im 6ft 3 though.

Dominique hermance, the father of Vincent Hermance, is indeed the founder and owner of koxx bikes France. Imagine having access to any koxx part available on the market for nothing! However, Vincent would have had to spend many hours testing new parts before they were released i suppose.

Vincent would have had to spend many hours testing new parts before they were released i suppose.

yeah that would be a bummer , getting to test the cutting edge of trials technology and then getting it tweaked to how you want it , and eventually get a shit load of them for free

his life must be so hard >_<"

if you were looking for a new frame i would be saying like the new levelboss 1065 as it is near perfect geo for natural and street it bunnyhops really well and has a nice +10mm b/b. and its very stiff and responsive.

other frames such as the belaey or xtp are more designed as "Natural" bikes so the geo may not be that well adapted for street bunnyhops etc etc. but from the UCI side of things the bike would be awesum at bridgeing and tapping and hooking etc etc.

and bunny hopping hasnt really hindered me i wasnt/arent the best at bunnyhopping but my levelboss does inspire me to bunny hop more often >_< (Y) as i think the +10mm b/b helps and the wheelbase being 1070mm is not too long and not too short so does the job fine.

Waynio......................

Waynio,

not really ive gone form a 1035 ashton to a echo pure 1080 (i think it the longer one) and can still bunnyhop quite large.

Thank you all for the advice. I have been looking at the BT Raven 6.0 1100 the most. The design looks quite nice and is aesthetically very pleasing. I am 6ft tall and I weigh 195 pounds, would the Raven 1100 be to long for my height?

I am coming from a 20inch freestyle background which means I am not used to aluminium frames. How long do these types of frames last in a natural trials setting?

On the subject of handlebars. What are some of your opinions on the Try All handlebars and the Echo bars? The designs look so different. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both bars?

stay up,

deadly venom

i think magura's are popular, not because they are better than vee, but because they were better than cantilevers and u brakes back in the day. People often stick to what they know works.

It's a lot easier finding grippy Magura pads than grippy v-brake pads, for a start.

You can get better clamping force out of Maguras than a lot of V-brakes too, just because they're a hydraulic system so you've got more mechanical advantage with a Magura than a V.

Anyway, yeah...

I hate long wheelbase frames. I know everyone creams over them, but I waaaaaay prefer a shorter frame. This is with mod though, but I also found Mark Lloyd's Zebdi to feel a lot nicer than most of the barges around now.

I also like a high front end. Maybe I'm just anti-fad? :)

if you were looking for a new frame i would be saying like the new levelboss 1065 as it is near perfect geo for natural and street it bunnyhops really well and has a nice +10mm b/b. and its very stiff and responsive.

other frames such as the belaey or xtp are more designed as "Natural" bikes so the geo may not be that well adapted for street bunnyhops etc etc. but from the UCI side of things the bike would be awesum at bridgeing and tapping and hooking etc etc.

and bunny hopping hasnt really hindered me i wasnt/arent the best at bunnyhopping but my levelboss does inspire me to bunny hop more often  :)  :)  as i think the +10mm b/b helps and the wheelbase being 1070mm is not too long and not too short so does the job fine.

Waynio......................

Lol Wayne you sure do love that levelboss, gotta agree with you though, levelboss are the all round best trials frame in my opinion, they have 3 different length, super strong nice geo and has Koxx written on the side lol. now i have the vinco i prefer it too my levelboss but its still a great frame, i'm yet to ride the new one though, maybe if i see you on sunday i could have a quick go?

It's a lot easier finding grippy Magura pads than grippy v-brake pads, for a start.

bigkoolstopandzoo.jpg

:)

There's no reason why a 1100 bt won't suit you, maybe have a go on similar bikes if possible?

And if the bt's are anything like the newer generation of U6 trials frames are, it should be pretty darn strong.

Mike. :)

Edit: Just realised the original topic, waaay off!

Anyway, Dominique Hermance, Vinchenzo's dad owns it. :)

Edited by Fatmike

He was refering to why people used them in the first place, and I meant that it's harder to get hold of good V-brake pads than it is Magura pads, pretty much.

Judging from the fact that Steve does all that oven-curing and shit like that and the pads still fall out, I wouldn't trust me, a knife and some glue to have much success :)

His dad does. FACT. :)

I think its funny. Ot Pi's dad founded and owned Monty. Ot pi went on to be one of the best trials riders ever.

Kris Leesons dad owns leeson and Kris went on to be one of the best riders in the country.

Vincents dad owns Koxx, and Vincent has become one of the best riders in the world.

Im sure there are more examples of this, so please add ones I have missed.

Now ask the question, would they have got as far in the sport without their fathers support?? :)

Edited by JIX

Hi Mark,

At the moment Mat Hudson (who I think rides with you) is testing a variety of pad compounds for me in Vee backings, in conjunction with alternative glueing processes.

Please don't read too much into some of these unsuccessful explorations - it's all part of the process of striving to test as thoroughly as humanely possible :)

Steve

Judging from the fact that Steve does all that oven-curing and shit like that and the pads still fall out, I wouldn't trust me, a knife and some glue to have much success :)

ive gone form a 1035 ashton to a echo pure 1080 (i think it the longer one) and can still bunnyhop quite large.

I didn't notice going from 1018 to 1050 - that's a whole 3% longer. In fact, it depends on your size. I can hop higher on my new bike because it fits me (6'1") better.

Component choice also has a lot to do with it. I find my 2.5" Azonics make bunnyhopping easy, but when I've tried riding bikes with Koxx bars I can't get anywhere because I feel like my weight is right over the front.

Think about what you want to do on the bike, but make sure whatever you buy is FUN to ride too.

I wouldn't trust you either :) I've had no problems with my V Backings and araldite.

I went for Maguras originally because my friends had them and they worked.

I've taken the plunge back to V Brakes now I've got a better choice of pads. I thin I prefer them, although I'm still tempted to go back to a magura on the front to get the feel/modulation I want with a grind. I'm sure with patience I'll find a pad that works for me.

Jon

i think ot pi owns monty now............

and i think vincent will own koxx in a few years, also the guy said "i think vincent will own A koxx" if he was meant to put it like that it was quite well played.

back to the main topic wheelbase doesnt really affect bunnyhopping it does when you get to 1100!!!!i really struggled to bunnyhop "as well" as i do on a sharter bike its all about pulling up quicker instead of trying to pull up sharply and closer to the wall. but the height of bars can affect this too, iv found that my bars in the position there in, so koxx frame a hope headset and a small 5mm spacer and a blackspire stem 90mm x 10degrees with blackspire 2" rise bars and mine bunny hops excellenty well. i think if i put this on an 1100 it would still be slow to bunnyhop. as maybe a slightly longer stem would maybe bunnyhop quicker if it was a little bit higher.

but most bikes over 1080/1090 wheelbase you find that pedaling at stuff is easier any way.only how i feel on the subject :) :)

some of you lot are wayyyyyyyyyyy off topic :lol: :) might need a seperate topic (Y) only having a laff lads

Waynio...................