Remote Control Cars

Mr Dave

Hello,

i used to have a remote control buggy/monstertruck thing, it was really kool and quite fast, but i was pretty young so ended up spinning it off into a river :D

i wanna get another one, recomend stuff, perhaps another buggy thing, if there fun, or perhaps sumin like a scooby replica, i have seen a few, but dont wanna buy sumin wank.

i duno about those build em your self kits, but if u think there good then surjest, all with links and ill be your new best friend.

dont really wana spend over 150.

to be able to do things like change wheels n tyres, sus, that sort of thing, would be uber cool too, duno if its poss though.....

erm yeah, give your opinions......:o

thanks

Dave (Y)

Edited by Mr Dave

www.modelsport.co.uk that the place you wanna go mint place have everything you want thats where i got my car from.

i got a tamiya tt-01 with a skyline body shell done a couple of bits to it and use it for just driftin round my street. i used to have a 400 quid kyosho nitro car and this is way more fun for round 150 quid (Y)

Cant beat a mini cooper (tamiya) m-02 chassis, stick a novac ESC in there with a 19 turn motor, and youll be well away, Just keep alot of pinion gears and gear sets spare, as they wear out rather fast :D

All good fun on a budget,and they dont half drift like a beast (Y)

Tom

EDIT:

Tamiya doa ready built version(no differnce, just more pick up and play version for 150 of your finest sterling pre built ralyee stylee mini

OR

Theres the build it yourself kit, which comes in airfix type part sheets, If you go for this option i strongley recomend you go for the electronic speed controler version (less maintenence, more room for upgrades in the furture)

Build it yourself kit

Any more questions feel free to add me to msn or pm me :o

Tom

Edited by Tom Booth

HPI is where its at.  Tamiya are generally beginner cars with manual speed controllers.  The kits from HPI, Scumacher (sp?) etc are generally better.  For a buggy checkout the team losi ones.

Losi are where its at, My XXX buggy flies (Y) Got a fair few trophies under me belt :o Only Club level though was too lazy to enter nationals lol Really should take it racing again or sell it :D

well my fellow friend in my opinion if you want some thing truley amazing then you want the T-MAXX TRX 2.5 :D about 300 to 400 quid a very nice truck get about 40 out of it unless you get the 3 speed conversion kit and a bigger engine then you could get 60 out of it maybe but you would onlt need the 40 thats more than enough for a rtruck of its size. has a very hand EZ starter which means "NO PULLING ON SHITTY PULL CORDS!!! YAY!!!" and thats a good thing. the t-maxx has LOTS of after market up grades of many sorts you can get alot of mad enogine mods from america like a turbo 3 speed kit double engine kit to put two engines in etc.

there is also the hpi savage. dont know much about these though sorry but i recon your bedtteroff getting the traxxas t-maxx. (Y)

hope ove been of some help.

Jamey0.JPG

Edited by Chris@Onza rider

Dont really wanna spend over 150

Good luck trying to get a decent hpi for that (Y)

Unless you go for the micro rs4 (SOOOO MUCH FUN!!! , 4 wheel drive (or remove the diff and drive belt for 2 wheel drifting action :D , i got mine for indoor winter racing around the kitchen, and its mint! strongley recomended for indoor use and general mess abouts))

Cheers

Tom

EDIT: i cant spell for shizzle

Edited by Tom Booth

I had the old RUSH, was mint, but i broke it (like i did with most of my cars)

I currently have 3 buggies, all from Tamiya's glory days (top force, top force evo, and a dyna storm).

My only advise would be DON'T GET A ROAD CAR, boring as hell, where as a buggy/truck can be driven on road, off road, dirt track, skatepark, backgarden, anywhere really. Much more bang for your buck with an off-roader. :P

Ive got one of the old oringal rush's

(with bendy bendy chassis hehe) It was sweet. Im trying to sell my factory team AE RC10GT at the mo though...MINT MINT spec, titanium top shaft, piggy back sus! STS .12 engine, Carbon shock towers, aluminium bulk heads and loads more hop-ups!

:P" :)

Losi are where its at, My XXX buggy flies  :) Got a fair few trophies under me belt :) Only Club level though was too lazy to enter nationals lol Really should take it racing again or sell it  :P

I use to have a Losi xxx that i raced. Was a great car. Did a couple of nationals with it, along with plenty of reginals/club events.

Dont get a Tamiya or Traxxas... from what iv seen they fall to bits.

Losi, HPI, Associated and Schumacher would be my personel recomendations for something of good quality. (Try looking second hand to keep within your price range)

Edited by Adds

just to let you know i got a my car

got it today from a model shop just down the road from where i work, seemed to do me a pretty good deal, 260 for the car, then threw in the starter kit (Y) 30 squids, fuel 12 quid, 2 glow plugs, n some oil :P

ive started the bedding in process, have to continue tomorow when noones asleep (Y)

thanks for your help everyone!

Dave (Y)