144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you speed?

• Driving: Yes
    • Driving: No
    • Driving: Occasionaly
    • Non driver: I would all the time
    • Non driver: I would never do it
    • Non driver: Only sometimes

in my oppion the government are idiots. If they don't want people to speed why the hell are cars able to go 200+mph now. why not limit cars to 40mph. i'm not complaining i love speed but its quite ironic isn't it. :ermm:

Because people will always want a super fast car. not one that only gos 40 mph

Some people like fast cars for their acceleration not the top speed...

I know i'd only want a sports car for it's 0-60... not to go 120 on the M25.

Fast cars generally have better brakes and roadholding too ...

I know, and i think the exact same. For instance the McLaren SLR stops quicker from 100-0 then a normal car would for 60-0, maybe even 30-0 in some cases.

I was just pointing out that basic fact.

Hell, when i mod my car, it will be all engine modifications that give it a faster 0-60 time, not a higher top end speed, as well as enhanced brakes.

Meh.

I know, and i think the exact same. For instance the McLaren SLR stops quicker from 100-0 then a normal car would for 60-0, maybe even 30-0 in some cases.

Hell, when i mod my car, it will be all engine modifications that give it a faster 0-60 time, not a higher top end speed, as well as enhanced brakes.

Meh.

I hope your gonna tell you insurance company ...good luck (Y) (Y)

Meh.

off topic but still: if your going to upgrade your engine and your brakes it is advised that you upgrade your tires.

off topic but still: if your going to upgrade your engine and your brakes it is advised that you upgrade your tires.

Yes, that would be like giving Linford Christie a pair of slippers to run in. (Y)

Joe, tell me about it! (Y)

Anywhom, back to topic, speeding...

sure speed is dangerous.

but if youve got some idiot texting on his phone while eating a dime bar and doing 60 in the middlelane of the motorway, he's far more dangerous than the nutcase doing 100 in the fast lane with his eyes superglued to the road and every other car around him....

Yes, that would be like giving Linford Christie a pair of slippers to run in. :(

Joe, tell me about it! (Y)

Anywhom, back to topic, speeding...

I have an update report...

Since this topic....i have slowed down (Y)

but on main road (60mph) i do tend to overtake anything in my path...doing 3+cars at a time...if not moree..while they all sit behind a lorry going at 50....

I know my cars capabilitys...and i know what can be done it in (overtaking wise)

i too have slowed down in some places.. but only due to buying some new cds and wanting to listen to them. The slower i drive the more of the tracks i can listen too. But in 60's i do speed but ive stopped overtaking as much as i normally do. The isle of wight is retardedly easy to drive on.. it has less than a quarter mile of dual carrage way.. and thats it.. everything else is B roads.

I have an update report...

Since this topic....i have slowed down :ermm:

Same, I havn't sped since I posted (like page 3) For me it was more the whole new driver thing that made me speed so now its like "I have the missus in the car, I'd rather not kill anybody, I like my insurance being below 2 grand..." So yeah 30 in a 30, 45 downhill in a 40 :blink: Bout it! (Not hit a motorway yet, NERVOUS! 1.2 Fiesta... nice)

James >_<

This post has made me more attentative to speeding too, along with the now super ridiculous fuel prices :blink:

I drove sensibly since I last filled up, and i have a fair bit more fuel. Then i followed a Fiesta home at 100 down the A1 the other night, and my feul guage went down at a crazy pace.

So ill be sticking to the limits now, getting as much petrol for my money >_<

Something i always do when im running low on fuel is let the car coast along most of the journey. I can guarantee i can do three quarters of my journey out of gear just letting the car roll. You will be suprised by actually how far you can travel and stay at around the limit speed without having to accelerate back up.

Something i always do when im running low on fuel is let the car coast along most of the journey. I can guarantee i can do three quarters of my journey out of gear just letting the car roll. You will be suprised by actually how far you can travel and stay at around the limit speed without having to accelerate back up.

Good plan, but if you travel at 56 miles an hour you will save nearly the same amount of fuel and not get busted for coasting...