Car Theory Test

MikeSmith

Use your common sense, chill out and like Andy said, they won't mark you down for clicking on hazards that don't develop  :P

On a side note; passed my practical this morning  :D  3 minors (sorry "driving faults") :D

Joe

Well done! What were your minors? I got eight minors, all for mirrors! :">

Thats odd :P my instructor said your only allowed 3 mirror faults before you fail.

Anyway just relax and use common sence and dont do a Si :D

Yeah, that is right, but I got two mirro faults for fou different manouvres, i.e mirrors when reversing, mirrors when turning, mirrors when changing speed, mirrors when changing cd...

Thats odd :D my instructor said your only allowed 3 mirror faults before you fail.

Anyway just relax and use common sence and dont do a Si :lol:

:D

Wasn't my fault the revision CD told me to do something completly different to the actual test.

I just got thrown off so didn't have a clue what i was doing.

I now know what to do for the hazard perception though, so its all good! :lol:

My friend did his this morning, got 30/35, then got 75/75. :P Exam supervisor thought he cheated or something haha.

How you do then Mike?

What was the thing that threw you off Si?

I'm gonna be buying one of those CD things soon, I should have done this months ago :">

Basically, on the revision CD, you are told to click once when you see a hazard, you've got 5 seconds to click when a hazard appears.

However, the test, you have to click 3 times, when you see a hazard, when it develops, and when it changes, and i was like, "what the f**k" and didn't have a clue what to do.

Talking to my freinds though, i know understand, when you see a hazard, simply click 3 times in even intervals, like every 1 second after you see the hazard. To fail a clip you need to fill the whole of the screen with flags, which is like 15 clicks, so its ok.

Get the CD though, i would of 100% failed my theory without the CD.

Basically, on the revision CD, you are told to click once when you see a hazard, you've got 5 seconds to click when a hazard appears.

However, the test, you have to click 3 times, when you see a hazard, when it develops, and when it changes, and i was like, "what the f**k" and didn't have a clue what to do.

Talking to my freinds though, i know understand, when you see a hazard, simply click 3 times in even intervals, like every 1 second after you see the hazard. To fail a clip you need to fill the whole of the screen with flags, which is like 15 clicks, so its ok.

Get the CD though, i would of 100% failed my theory without the CD.

What!? When I did the hazard perception test, you just clicked once when you saw a hazard, and the later you saw it, the less points you got. They must have changed it and the cd must be old or something :P

Well?!

Did you pass?!

Did mine about a month ago (passed 1st time!) and wasn't anywhere near as hard as I was expecting. Even the hazard perception which I was expecting to be a bit trickier

Luke

Yeh i passed :P

I got 34/35 and 66/75.

For anyone who is doing there's soon i thoroughly reccommend a theory test cd-rom and in the actual hazard perception test, click lots.

Thanks

Mike

I always find it weird how people wanna drive as soon as they are 17 (Y)

Or maybe I was stranger waiting till I was 21 and doing it (Y)

I also used a cd rom to help, its really helpfull, my instructor lent me it.

I passed 1st time with 3 minors (Y)

I passed 1st time with 3 minors (Y)

I didn't bother starting to learn til recently. I think end of May/start of June time? When I was 18 1/2 anyway. I just didn't really care. I couldn't afford a car, and then to insure and run it, and I didn't *really* want the hassle. However, there is the bonus of doing it at 17 even if you don't have a car, 'cos it still looks better on your insurance 'cos you've technically been a driver for longer, even though you've not had a car...

Think I'm gonna do my theory soon. Only once had below 30 in the 20-ish mock theory papers I've done with my driving instructor, and that was after one sketchy night...

I passed 1st time with 3 minors :P

yer....i had my 1st lesson on my 17th birthday....

ive wanned to drive since, forever..so i suppose its good. and ive been passed my test now for coming up to 10 months, s'all good (Y)