Seen A Few Snapped Stems On 'ere

skandy32

nick's (prawn) oversized stem suddenly twisted in a way it aint supposed to earlier today, not sure how he did it exaclty, just backwheelin some walls to find the stem like this riding along a bit later......

im sure he shall explain when he pops online... interesting snap though, have a look for yourselves!!! : : :

med_gallery_3155_190_362.jpg

med_gallery_3155_190_8423.jpg

gallery_3155_190_12836.jpg

more here

(Y)

pyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyramids

has he got a spare?

good guess!! it was riding on the pyramids!? how the hell u work that out!? wierd!

dont think hes got a spare yet..... pretty sure he wanted to ride portmsouth on the ride 2morrow too! *hint hint

(Y)

EDIT: the pyramids are in the background.... how dumb of me :P

Edited by skandy32

Grrrrrrrrrr........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

the b*****d thing has done me good service i 'guess' tehehehehehe (Y)

its a guess roady stem, which is apparently the same as the echo stems....

never snapped a stem before in my life.... lucky it went when it did, as 20mins before i was eyeing up a rather large drop! only to be put off by mega winds!

THANK CHRIST....

hopefully some nice chap will find a stem for me by tomorow.... we will have to see though :P

"guess" guess what???? its snapped...............hehe, altho using a road stem for trials isnt really that much of a good idea is it???? (Y)

Waynio.....................

i twisted a CNC stem a couple of years back it was well funny.............

"guess" guess what???? its snapped...............hehe, altho using a road stem for trials isnt really that much of a good idea is it???? (Y)

As was said, it's the Echo Control, but with "GUESS" on the side. Same as the Echo Team being the Onza T-Master stem.

large_echostockstem.jpg

Waynio.....................

i twisted a CNC stem a couple of years back it was well funny.............

you loser wayne, that was poor.

i use one of them stems...WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

go prawny warny

how far forward do you have your bars prawn, your nuts. am i the only one that has my bars angled back a bit.

Edited by James_Porter

someones been tightening up there stem bolts massively havent they mr prawn (Y)

seriously, looks to me like its failed on the weld at the bottom, then cracked straight underneath when pressures been put on it, quite an interesting failure, would be good to see a couple of pics with it off the bike to see what the area by the steerer tube looks like.

ive never really done em up super tight andy.... ive not really thought about that to be honest!

i dont THINK the stem has any welds.... unless they have been super smoothed off afterwards.... but i doubt it!

SMO i wish id read that last night! then i could be riding atm....

ah well

thanks anyway guys!

i need a new stem!