Chains

Houseface

hey guys,

i'm getting a whole new set of stuff for my bike soon and a new frame ;) but i need a new chain as ive been riding with a really thin one which has cracks in it :) (Y) so i was wondering, which chain should i get and which bike shop should i get it from (select or tarty because my other stuff is coming from their shops)

any suggestions? :blink:

thanks,

steve.

p.s; if its any helps i ride mod :)

hey guys,

i'm getting a whole new set of stuff for my bike soon and a new frame :P but i need a new chain as ive been riding with a really thin one which has cracks in it :) :) so i was wondering, which chain should i get and which bike shop should i get it from (select or tarty because my other stuff is coming from their shops)

any suggestions? (Y)

thanks,

steve.

p.s; if its any helps i ride mod :P

kmc cool £15 >>>>>airevally<<<<<< the price may of gone down aswell.....they do deliveries aswell :P :o

Theres some things on my bike that i feel shuld be as strong as possible reguardless of weight (to an extent)

i use a KMC kool, and if i went to a different chain now , prehaps a lighter one, it would probally hold me bak in my riding quite badly, as in the back of my mind, i will be thinking its not gona last the next move!

landing a rail on your brestbone or head first (even with a helmet) hurts something silly and the shock scares you a lot!

if i ever get probs with my KMC, ill get a BMX motorbike style chain!

Edited by RyanRs

if i ever get probs with my KMC, ill get a KHE Collapse Pro chain, which is rated as being fairly substantially stronger than KMC Kool chains, and also not particularly heavier, looks cool as shit, can easily deal wiht 12t sprockets (Can do 9t (N)) and so on

Good call (Y)

Oh, i would also like to compliment you on that answer Ryan as it was very well researched and explained :P by the way, i think i owe you a fiver , or was it a tenner :-

Why cheers mark :ermm: very kind of you... but dont worry about that money , it was a fiver.. but put it towards a KHE Collapse chain, when you need a new one :P