Switch

lankyri

after riding for about 3 hours each night i always end up ridin the curb outside my house and lately ive been praticing new stuff eg

x up blunts to fakie out

1 footers of drops

switch pedal hops

x up drops

etc

and there all going well but switch is so harder i can do 2 pedal hops but i cant get the pedal back so its fun to do it

its really fun try it and just wondering if anyone can ride with both feet forward and how long it took them to learn it

cheers ric

I used to only be able to bunnyhop, 360 static spins, other stuff that you dont need to pedal in, with my left foot forward, but i pedal kick with my right, i can do both feet though :P

lol, im weird :P lol

In short, yes, i can ride switch VERY easily and only took me like 3 months to get it perfect :turned:

"1 footers of drops" heres the next step:

what you want to try is find a ft high wall, get on the backwheel right to the edge, take your front brake off, take your non-drive foot and kick the front wheel round, pop the foot on and drop.

I think its mr chris agrid that can use what ever foot in whatever position. so he doesnt really have a drive foot as he uses both.

EDIT: it may be someone else, but meh

Edited by ash-kennard

I ride switch sometimes on the smaller stuff if im bored, you can make usually shit sections more fun because they become so much harder when riding with your wrong foot forward. I can do all the basics switch. Look at riders like Vincent Hermance, he can sidehop and tap over bar height switch footed, as well as ride beasty natural all with jis wrong foot forward! I suppose that what 11 years of experience get you. (Y)

switch as in wheelswap??

yer it took me about 2 weeks of CONSTANT BAILING AND stuff, so bare with it.

switchin brake lever height is where im at now and its like learning again, grrrrrr lol

BARE WITH IT MAN!! :P

Adz

no, thats not it...

riding switch is riding bad foot forward.

Ye it's hard, very hard, replacing is the most useful move for wrong foot riding, sidehoping also usefull.

One half of your brain controls the right side and the other half controls the left half, which is puting it simply.

People who are usually left handed or left footed will find it easier to learn with he wrong foot being the right foot, and left handers who ride with there right foot will find it easier.

It's pretty good to learn, makes things more interesting, it's good for other stuff aswell.

phil.