After A Very Strong Mobile Phone...

David

Well Im fed up of breaking phones and things so Im after a new phone which can take a lot of abuse. The main problem I have is cracking the displays, I know its my fault keeping it in my pocket while on my bike but thats not the point :P Ive heard of a few strong nokias?

I'm in the same situation, don't try the 'shock proof' nokia 5140 because it's not shock proof, i've buggered mine by riding trials and i don't bail that often.

I would buy a good phone and leave it in my bag, but i hardly ever ride with a bag, i don't even take allen keys out anymore!

Edit: Sorting 'tard spelling.

Edited by Urpedigreechumdog

I have a Nokia 6230, its had it about 6 months,its dropped about 10ft,just needed to turn it back on after,chucked it about the skate park for fun,i've fell on it a few times in my pocket aswell.still works fine now.its been pretty bombproof so far.

Well Im fed up of breaking phones and things so Im after a new phone which can take a lot of abuse. The main problem I have is cracking the displays, I know its my fault keeping it in my pocket while on my bike but thats not the point :P Ive heard of a few strong nokias?

Get a flip phone with no screen/small screen on the front? That should help.

Just happen to be selling one actually :- (wouldnt really reccomend mine though, otherwise i wouldnt be selling it :P)

Gotta be 3310 (Y)

Had mine for years without it breaking - been on a BBQ, in a canal, had a whole can of beer poured on it, thrown against many walls, played football with it, fallen on it on bike loads - and not had a problem (other than the canal - had to swap the screen with a mate's old one).

Although I think it might finally be on its way out :( just started having a few problems with screen and speaker - gonna be a sad day when it goes!

Edited by modx-lite

Get the Motorolla V220, it's a flip phone, and ive dropped mine countless times from hights of about 4 ft, ive dropped it form that hight plenty of times, and it's still going strong! Or get a Nokia 3410! OH and yea, sony Ericssons are really strong aswell!

Edited by Hoot

I've got a 3510i I think that has taken a right hammering, but I think its on the way out, im constantly dropping, falling, hitting it with bars, getting it wet, dropped it out of the bathroom window the other day by accident and its still kinda working, bit slow and the buttons are a bit unresponsive and need a good push, but ye still working.

Yeah but 3310 are huge by today's standards. For what it's worth, my Nokia 3220 seems pretty bomb-proof, although I've not dropped it off a roof or anything :P

I wouldn't reccomend the 3220, I'm just on the phone to Orange (playing stupid christmas songs on hold :angry:) attempting to get my 3rd 3220. The 1st, the on/off button just stopped working, and now on this one, it'll go for hours with no signal, and the speaker and earpeice has just stopped working.

(Y)

Not sure what I'll get after this...

I wouldn't reccomend the 3220, I'm just on the phone to Orange (playing stupid christmas songs on hold :angry:) attempting to get my 3rd 3220. The 1st, the on/off button just stopped working, and now on this one, it'll go for hours with no signal, and the speaker and earpeice has just stopped working.

(Y)

Not sure what I'll get after this...

Oh right, that doesn't sound too fun. In fact my phone just stopped getting signal a while ago, I had to get a new one. Wasn't because I dropped it though, it just stopped. It got replaced F.O.C. though. Maybe it's a problem with the 3220, but I'm pretty sure a lot of Nokias have the same internals as each other anyway. I like it though, it's just a shame it doesn't have bluetooth :(

Defiantly go for a nokia 3300 me and my mate Kris have had one and my mate kris still has is, He has thrown his around a trains and allsorts it has took some mega beatings I'm telling you.

ha yeah, but its a 3200. I was trying to get it to air the gap between the train tables by sliding it really fast over the gap. It made it after several slams into the end of the landing table.

It also got thrown out my bedroom window upstairs onto the stones out side yesterday to see if it would survive, the damn thing didn't even turn off. It has also been thrown at a half pipe really fast so it shoots down one side across the floor then up the otherside and over the backboard. again nothing, didn't even turn off.

Get the Motorolla V220, it's a flip phone, and ive dropped mine countless times from hights of about 4 ft, ive dropped it form that hight plenty of times, and it's still going strong! Or get a Nokia 3410! OH and yea, sony Ericssons are really strong aswell!

Personally i would be surprised if it had broken from a 4 foot drop. :huh: this phone did a first floor drop out my window to stones and was fine.

IPB Image

i think they're like £25-30 on ebay as well now

ha yeah, but its a 3200. I was trying to get it to air the gap between the train tables by sliding it really fast over the gap. It made it after several slams into the end of the landing table.

It also got thrown out my bedroom window upstairs onto the stones out side yesterday to see if it would survive, the damn thing didn't even turn off. It has also been thrown at a half pipe really fast so it shoots down one side across the floor then up the otherside and over the backboard. again nothing, didn't even turn off.

Personally i would be surprised if it had broken from a 4 foot drop. :huh: this phone did a first floor drop out my window to stones and was fine.

IPB Image

i think they're like £25-30 on ebay as well now

lol, sorry, just actually thought how high i said, its more like 12 ft!!