Whats Your Fav Car

Connor

I have noticed a lot of people like japanese cars on this thread, especially nissan skylines. I personaly don't think they are a nice car, yes they may be fast as fook but if you look at them for long enough you can see they are unbelievably ugly this was made even more apperent to me when i look at a car with pure beauty in its design for example a Ferrari 360 Modena, feel free to call me a loser or agree with me, i am just viocing my opinion.

IPB Image

Absolutely lovely car, 244mph! i have loved these ever since it was first released and i was but a little baby! Shame on the price tag though around the time it was something like £500,000 but because they company was losing out on money it went up to £687,000 - last i heard of it anyway.

stu (Y)

i'm a sucker for the older cars, GT500s, GT350s but especially a 1976 Corvette 'Stingray'

IPB Image

Yeahh good choice my man, i love the one with the big block engine.

Im lovin the Cobra 427 big block- 7 litres of manly burbling!

http://www.auto-zimmerli.ch/foto%20album/AC_Cobra_427big.jpg

it wont do 210 mph yeah it might be very fast etc but ino guys with 1000bhp and are doing 195 and there the fastest cars in the country, you ever heard of something called ten of the best?

Kyle.

Well you say that, but look at the Ferrari F40, 478bhp, made back in 1987 (around when I was born- strange that it has been my favourite car all my life), can do 201mph

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/enzo-ferrari/photo.../F40/F40-08.jpg

http://exoticspotter.com/bt00048/bt00048_84390.jpg

http://www.sportwagenvermietung24.de/img/f_f40.jpg

mmmmmm yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh *creammm*. Well, thats me done.

Oh, other than the good old CLK GTR to add, MORE EXPENSIVE than top gear's "worlds most expensive production car" Bugatti, at £1,200,000:

http://www.fantasycars.com/derek/cars/imag...cedes/clk_4.jpg

http://fastcoolcars.com/images/wallpaper15/mb_clk_gtr2.jpg

So if I put an appropriately set up gearbox on my 1.2 Corsa, I could do 200mph??

in theory yes in reality no because it wont have enough power to get it up there also it would probably take off as its not designed to go this fast :) . if you have a powerful engine with the standard gearbox it with not have a larger top speed just get up to top speed quicker. had a big chat about it at work once.

in theory yes in reality no because it wont have enough power to get it up there also it would probably take off as its not designed to go this fast :) . if you have a powerful engine with the standard gearbox it with not have a larger top speed just get up to top speed quicker. had a big chat about it at work once.

It has too great a drag factor aswell. Maclaren F1 is something like 0.38, Corsa I would guess to be ~ 0.8. So not even in theory, really, no matter how good the engine/transmission was.

I've promised myself a TVR by the time i'm thirty, don't know which one but i really like the old Griffiths and Chimaeras. The sound of those old V8s cannot be beaten. A dark blue Chimaera 400s with cream interia has to be the ultimate, like this one:

IPB Image

On the whole power/speed issue the one thing you boys are forgetting is torque. HP means nowt if you haven't got torque regardless of gearing. If you gear a car long enough to do a theoretical 200+mph but don't have enough torque it's top speed could be stupidly low. That Skyline could do 200mph but it would take a damn long road to get it their, no track in the UK would have the space and doing it on a public highway is just stupid. Anyway who cares about top speed when you can only do 70mph, it's how fast you can get there and how fast you can corner that really matters.

im actually really sad the nsx is out of production.. dont know whats wrong with honda.. the type r is out as well (been around since 2001). Stupid company with their stupid great engines grrr...

Then you may be pleased to hear that Honda have confirmed a replacement for the NSX in 2007/8. According to Honda bosses they are already developing a V10 engine to go in it, and the car "is going to be something special".

Given how far ahead of the competition the NSX was when it was released 15yrs ago, I'll be interested to see what this new car delivers.

Well you say that, but look at the Ferrari F40, 478bhp, made back in 1987 (around when I was born- strange that it has been my favourite car all my life), can do 201mph

Thats due to to better aerodynamics (as has been previously mentioned).

you knows it :)

whats the difference between the G40 and the GT?

just upgraded it, they couldnt use the name gt40 as they had actually sold the rights to that name to someone so they just called it gt. something along those lines anyway.

IGNORE ME IM THICK

Edited by Synergy

He's talking about polo's

The g40 is superchaged with a g-lader charger and the gt isnt. I think the g40 runs different internals and stuff too, to obviously cope with being charged. They are both 1.3 though.

The g40's chargers were in the main completely shit, along with g60's. They needed frequent servicing to keep working and were unreliable. Most have changed to jabbasport chargers or eaton ones as they're so much better.

James

Actually here we go:

IPB Image

Yes thats a ford.... Reminds me of my car too for some reason think its the side gill thing they got going on

The guy who designed the DB9 designed that aswell..... using tracing paper

EDIT: Makes more sense

Edited by Has anyone seen my shoe?

He's talking about polo's

The g40 is superchaged with a g-lader charger and the gt isnt. I think the g40 runs different internals and stuff too, to obviously cope with being charged. They are both 1.3 though.

The g40's chargers were in the main completely shit, along with g60's. They needed frequent servicing to keep working and were unreliable. Most have changed to jabbasport chargers or eaton ones as they're so much better.

James

thought so (Y) cheers james nice mk1 by the way ;) you going to any shows or anything this year?

must say, if money was no object and niethwer was petrol monye, i would have to have my mate's dad's AC cobra,

it a original one, not one of these crappy kit car ones

like a bat out of hell :)

gaz..

wouldnt happen to be hititfasters dad's one would it, when i went to buy a bike off him it was in the garage looked beasty ,also wen we went again for my mate (gears) old bike it was on the trailor :wub: .

The guy who designed the DB9 designed that aswell..... using tracing paper

EDIT: Makes more sense

Isn't that a quote from Top Gear?

Anyway......

Ferrari 360

Aston DB9

R32 Golf

New Range Rover Sport

Haven't included pics as you all know what they look like.

thought so (Y) cheers james nice mk1 by the way ;) you going to any shows or anything this year?

I'll probs go to inters and edition38. Might do a few no rice meets too depending... I know a few peeps in the community so will just go where they go i expect :)

James