Body Building V2

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

I found out how weak i was the other day when i was messing about, ive got muscles in my arms but they dont do anything:S

upsidedown like a hand stand and trying to do press ups with my legs leaning against the wall

OH MY GOD

i was goin no were:@

need to be stronger :angry:

I assume you mean like Nicolas Cage does in ConAir, and if so I'm not surprised you couldn't do it, because it requires a huge amount of shoulder strength. You basically need to be able to shoulder press your own bodyweight, something which very few people are capable of.

I assume you mean like Nicolas Cage does in ConAir, and if so I'm not surprised you couldn't do it, because it requires a huge amount of shoulder strength. You basically need to be able to shoulder press your own bodyweight, something which very few people are capable of.

**Ahem... I can shoulder press 95KG "" :ermm:

One where you sit up straight, with the bar above your head and stick weights on both sides... 2 20KG weights and a 2.5Kg.... = 95KG

I only weigh 68KG :ermm:

P.S bars 10KG...

Edited by terror-error

bump this please :)

yes, its abit like doing bench pressing really.

Does your back (a little bit) triceps and pecktorials.

If you can do around 30 press-ups, without braking a sweat, then that would be a good workout :)

True, this guy is amazing on the shoulder machines (Y)

:$:$:$

thanks rockyyyyy

15 :P

16 in july :P

Riding is going to f**k all of our bodys up aswell.

You might aswell have fun now, unless you might not be able to have fun in the future :)

by the way riding doesnt actually effect your body like doing weights at the age of 15 - 16! your bones have not fully developed nor your muscles and this can cause such things as atheritis, high blood pressure, heart problems etc etc

your only 16 you may want to calm down before doing real damage or you wont have a future!

Also a little note bench press doesnt work for everybody, dunno why dont ask me its the way it goes if it doesnt work for you, cable machines are best (Y)

bump this please :)

also they build your muscles gradually but its more strength doing weights doesnt really give you strength! lifting your own body weight excercises gains strength, weights just make you bigger!

**Ahem... I can shoulder press 95KG "" :ermm:

One where you sit up straight, with the bar above your head and stick weights on both sides... 2 20KG weights and a 2.5Kg.... = 95KG

I only weigh 68KG :ermm:

P.S bars 10KG...

I was talking about free weights though, not with the smith machine which I'm assuming you're using.

I was talking about free weights though, not with the smith machine which I'm assuming you're using.

Nah, not using the smith, using a shoulder press machine.

i can do free weights... olypic bar with with 10KG on each side, 10 reps to the back of my head.

i know thats only 40kg, but i can get 60kg one rep with that bar

by the way riding doesnt actually effect your body like doing weights at the age of 15 - 16! your bones have not fully developed nor your muscles and this can cause such things as atheritis, high blood pressure, heart problems etc etc

your only 16 you may want to calm down before doing real damage or you wont have a future!

Also a little note bench press doesnt work for everybody, dunno why dont ask me its the way it goes if it doesnt work for you, cable machines are best (Y)

also they build your muscles gradually but its more strength doing weights doesnt really give you strength! lifting your own body weight excercises gains strength, weights just make you bigger!

Oh my god.. your an idiot i swear...seriously every argument you have put forward is either wrong or built upon bollocks.

Nah, not using the smith, using a shoulder press machine.

i can do free weights... olypic bar with with 10KG on each side, 10 reps to the back of my head.

i know thats only 40kg, but i can get 60kg one rep with that bar

They have shoulder press machines? lol never ever seen one. I just do seated dumbell press or military press. Only on 17.5kgs at the mo 8x5 but gonna be upped soon once im done with functional building.

Edited by Spacemunkee

Oh my god.. your an idiot i swear...seriously every argument you have put forward is either wrong or built upon bollocks.

They have shoulder press machines? lol never ever seen one. I just do seated dumbell press or military press. Only on 17.5kgs at the mo 8x5 but gonna be upped soon once im done with functional building.

its not bollocks you idiot its built on sports science dick! an its not an argument its a comment so shove what ever your thinking up your arse retard pick up a book an f**king read it!

it is true lifting your own body weights increase strength a hell of alot more than lifting weights,

also there are problems with doing weights at an early age! as your muscles and bones have not fully developed READ A BOOK maybe one day you will learn something

also from various magazines an internet reading, (as i enjoy going to the gym and working out) bench press does not work for everybody some people do fly presses with dumbells or use cable machines

the comments i made are backed with proof dick so stop trying to argue you dumb sack of shit and think before trying to start something that is pointless end of discussion between me and you concentrate on the topic at hand

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

Alright people.

Im really bored and my mam wont take me to the gym :angry:

Lol

so i though i might aswell start a new topic (Y)

Does anyone have a really good workout regeam? (sp?)

ATM, mine is...

Monday - Arms and Chest

Tuesday - Shoulders Abs

Wednesday - Rest day

Thursday - Back and Abs

Friday - Legs

Saturday (if i can be arsd) - Cardio workout

Sunday - Always a day of rest :) )

Anyone got a better one that that?

Anyone suggest some good Creatine for around £30?

i haven't read the rest of the trhead, but i'll tell you this.... (hehe)

monday you train arms and chest.... if you train arms before chest you'll never manage to exaust the chest as you've already wasted your triceps. If you train arms afterwards, thats fine,

BUT....

The next day you train shoulders, which cross trains the triceps when you dow anykind of shoulder press for the deltoid group. So you are limiting your shoulder training by training arms the previous day.

Look at mine and think about what you are using each day and the amount of recovery this schedule provides for each muscle group before being used again...

monday - chest & biceps. (chest is exausted and triceps are partially, through training chest. Biceps are exausted)

Tuesday - Legs (this allows recovery of chest triceps & biceps

wednesday - rest day / cardio (full recovery of legs, chest and arms, or general cardio)

thursday - shoulders & triceps (shoulders exausted, previously unused, partially exausted triceps now fully exausted, not used since monday and so provide enough strength to fully train shoulders. Biceps/chest/legs full recovery day)

Friday - Back ( fully exaust back using mainly biceps which have had 4 days to recover to provide a solid back workout, also allowing triceps chest and legs to recover)

This has always been a very sensible and logical schedule for me to live by. And it works.

john

That totally depends upon the type of goals hes looking for. Why should we group body parts at all? how far does this grouping go.. for instance.. we usually have a chest day etc.. who chose that? why not a upper chest day, lower chest day etc. Whenever you group body parts your going to get problems with fatigue. You also have to think about how many movements hes going to be doing with those chosen parts. He might only do 2 exercises on his arms, whilst doing 3 for his chest. For example, preacher curls then incline,flat and decline bench. May be doing high volume training or drop sets etc.

You could try something along the lines of, upper body, lower body, upper, lower etc. I thought your program bongo was going to do this.. but then you went with leg day tuesday.. then cardio on wednesday.. most forms of cardio are going to involve your legs. If you trained them hard enough your gonna find it a hard time right? At the end of the day it all comes down to the person and what they feel is right. Hopefully they have enough common sense to feel their arms are dieing every time on bench and will sort it out accordingly. When you train intense and continuous your body will adapt anyways, its like doing cross country biking.. it will hurt like hell but if you keep doing it solid for a week your body will just accept it and change.

i haven't read the rest of the trhead, but i'll tell you this.... (hehe)

monday you train arms and chest.... if you train arms before chest you'll never manage to exaust the chest as you've already wasted your triceps. If you train arms afterwards, thats fine,

BUT....

The next day you train shoulders, which cross trains the triceps when you dow anykind of shoulder press for the deltoid group. So you are limiting your shoulder training by training arms the previous day.

Look at mine and think about what you are using each day and the amount of recovery this schedule provides for each muscle group before being used again...

monday - chest & biceps. (chest is exausted and triceps are partially, through training chest. Biceps are exausted)

Tuesday - Legs (this allows recovery of chest triceps & biceps

wednesday - rest day / cardio (full recovery of legs, chest and arms, or general cardio)

thursday - shoulders & triceps (shoulders exausted, previously unused, partially exausted triceps now fully exausted, not used since monday and so provide enough strength to fully train shoulders. Biceps/chest/legs full recovery day)

Friday - Back ( fully exaust back using mainly biceps which have had 4 days to recover to provide a solid back workout, also allowing triceps chest and legs to recover)

This has always been a very sensible and logical schedule for me to live by. And it works.

john

That's fairly similar to mine as well....Tis almost time to change programs but mines is currently:

Sunday: Chest and Tri's

Monday: Lats and Biceps

Tuesday: Delts, Traps, lower back

Wednesday: Legs

Then the otehr 3 days are cardio or just full body stuff. Nothing as strenuous as the other days, but just enough to keep body working.

One of the coaches at my gym is Hassan Al-Saka (if you're heavily into body building you'll know he's won Mr. Universe twice :S ), He's given me a fair amount of advice on pretty much everything....Should really get a new program!

I took up a bit of weight lifting at the beginning of this year. My current work out is as follows.

Monday - Back and legs ( finish off with some stomach )

Lat pulldown - 3x10

T bar row - 3x10

Seated cable row - 3x10

Squats - 3x10

Leg press - 3x10

Leg curl - 3x10

Leg extension - 3x10

Seated calf raises - 4x10

Wenesday - Chest and Biceps ( finish off with some stomach )

Bench press - 3x10

Incline dumb bell press - 3x10

Dumbell flys - 3x10

Standing bar curl - 3x10

Seated dumbell cur - 3x10

Concentrated bar curl - 3x10

Reverse grip bar curl - 3x10

Saturday - Shoulders and triceps ( Finish off with stomach and also fire in some calf work )

Military press - 3x10

Dumbell Military press - 3x10

Lateral Raises - 3x10

Upright row - 3x10

Dumbell shoulder shrugs - 3x10

Cable tricep extension - 3x10

Weighted bench dips - 3x10

Overhead rope tricep extension - 3x10

I also do some sort of cardio a few times a week.

I took up a bit of weight lifting at the beginning of this year. My current work out is as follows.

Not looking too shabby only few things id change are:

On monday maybe change lat pulldown to wide grip pull ups, anything self body weight and unmachiney is a big plus.

Also on monday your doing squats and also leg press. Gonna hit your quads hard with 2 exercises when not needed, you could eliminate leg press and up your weight in squats.

Wednesday maybe change the dumbell flys to decline dumbell flys, that way your doing the whole chest in your workout.

Saturday your doing military and dumbell seated.. no need for both id go for dumbell and up your weight. Also ever tried close grip bench for triceps? really fun and will work your chest some at the same time, meaning the gap between workouts wont be as long. Also remember to vary your rep ranges, depends on your goals but your body will adapt to a programme with as little time as 4 weeks.By changing the reps or order you do your exercises will keep your body guessing and the gains to not go stale. All personal preference though

Edited by Spacemunkee

its not bollocks you idiot its built on sports science dick! an its not an argument its a comment so shove what ever your thinking up your arse retard pick up a book an f**king read it!

it is true lifting your own body weights increase strength a hell of alot more than lifting weights,

also from various magazines an internet reading, (as i enjoy going to the gym and working out) bench press does not work for everybody some people do fly presses with dumbells or use cable machines

the comments i made are backed with proof dick so stop trying to argue you dumb sack of shit and think before trying to start something that is pointless end of discussion between me and you concentrate on the topic at hand

Yours,

Big Arnie

Are you just pretending to be a moron, or are you a natural?

Where the hell did you hear this? And if you believed it, you're just gullible, so don't enforce your beliefs on others with so much insulting before you get your own facts right! Sheeshh.. :S

Since when does it matter what the weight is you are lifting, weather it is made up of your own bodyweight, or metal weights? Weight is weight, aslong as you are doing it in the same range of motion it doesn't matter, you still have to apply the same force!

For your information, it is generally acknowledged in the bodybuilding world that freeweights are a better form of exercise than cable exerises or other forms, as they also build up your more minor stability muscles, not just the main muscle being used.

its not bollocks you idiot ... blah blah blah

ooo sorry forgot to acknowledge the hissy fit.

Riding doesnt affect your bones? it doesnt give you atheritis? hello.. ... wake up and think about what riding is doing to you. Try and find someone that hasnt f**ked their ankles or any other part of their body riding trials. Weight lifting will win the vote for muscle strains, but trials wins the vote for overall f**ked body parts.

Your trying to say lfiting weights is bad for you yet you seem to neglect that fact a bike weighs around 21lbs.. what are you doing? lifting a weight.

Bench press is likely not to work for everyone because they dont have correct form at all. I go to the gym and see people that lower the bar 4 inches before pushing it back up. If you really want to work your chest you should do 1/2-1 reps. Go down all the way push up half way, back down, push up all way then repeat.

"Although there is a clear association between aortic dissection and weight lifting in our findings, this is not a reason to avoid weight lifting and strength training, which can be healthy and beneficial. It should also be pointed out that the number of people who lift weights is very large, while the number of identified cases of weight lifting causing aortic dissection is small." - Something you may want to add to your argument next time. Any heart problems are caused by people who try to lift way to much than their core can support. They forget to mention the % of heart problems caused by being a fat fanny that sits on his arse all day... strange that... ill take the risk of training thank you very much.

Whether you use your own body weight, or added external weight all your doing is shredding fibres and increasing your metabolic activity. The healing process is where you will gain your strength.. theres so much bollocks you can go in to, your basically stereotyping rob as some little kid who goes in to the gym... picks up a 60kg dumbell and tries to do curls with it. He then strains his arm (from the doing the curls of course ;) ) and goes back the next day and does the same again. Want a fact? i can gurantee hes not that retarded.

Edited by Spacemunkee

your basically stereotyping rob as some little kid who goes in to the gym... picks up a 60kg dumbell and tries to do curls with it. He then strains his arm (from the doing the curls of course ;) ) and goes back the next day and does the same again. Want a fact? i can gurantee hes not that retarded.

I love you :wub: :wub:

I think im actually starting to get artheritus in my fingers, due to riding!

Cause before i started at the gym, my fingers used to hurt alot when i bent them and they were really stiff, then i started at the gym, and they loosened up ALOT but they still hurt when i bend them sometimes!

by the way riding doesnt actually effect your body like doing weights at the age of 15 - 16!

Riding f**ks your body right up, due to repetative slamming your bike into the floor and absticles and yur joints taking the impacts...

BTW, im not just some chavvy kid who goes into the gym n suddenly thinks im hurculese!

I lift what i know i can lift, my gym owner is a X-personal trainer and he was telling me which way i should do reps and so on.

He said, "at your age, 15, you shouldnt really be training, but since im a really good friend of your dads, im willing to help you through training now so that you dot hurt yourself for near future." he told me, "only do weights which you know you deffinatly can get 10 reps out of it, but dont force the reps out of it, do them REALLY slow with a VERY strict fassion, where you dont twist your body as i seen some kid doing the other day haha" n stuff like that, so i have quite abit of knowledge from me, my dad, and mike (gym owner)

ooo sorry forgot to acknowledge the hissy fit.

Riding doesnt affect your bones? it doesnt give you atheritis? hello.. ... wake up and think about what riding is doing to you. Try and find someone that hasnt f**ked their ankles or any other part of their body riding trials. Weight lifting will win the vote for muscle strains, but trials wins the vote for overall f**ked body parts.

Your trying to say lfiting weights is bad for you yet you seem to neglect that fact a bike weighs around 21lbs.. what are you doing? lifting a weight.

Bench press is likely not to work for everyone because they dont have correct form at all. I go to the gym and see people that lower the bar 4 inches before pushing it back up. If you really want to work your chest you should do 1/2-1 reps. Go down all the way push up half way, back down, push up all way then repeat.

"Although there is a clear association between aortic dissection and weight lifting in our findings, this is not a reason to avoid weight lifting and strength training, which can be healthy and beneficial. It should also be pointed out that the number of people who lift weights is very large, while the number of identified cases of weight lifting causing aortic dissection is small." - Something you may want to add to your argument next time. Any heart problems are caused by people who try to lift way to much than their core can support. They forget to mention the % of heart problems caused by being a fat fanny that sits on his arse all day... strange that... ill take the risk of training thank you very much.

Whether you use your own body weight, or added external weight all your doing is shredding fibres and increasing your metabolic activity. The healing process is where you will gain your strength.. theres so much bollocks you can go in to, your basically stereotyping rob as some little kid who goes in to the gym... picks up a 60kg dumbell and tries to do curls with it. He then strains his arm (from the doing the curls of course ;) ) and goes back the next day and does the same again. Want a fact? i can gurantee hes not that retarded.

you can say that for any sport when it comes to damage an what is 21lbs compared to lifting as much as you do in weight lifting its nothing at all

also everybody's bodies are diffrent some things that work for other wont work for other people so you can throw the not doing it right thing out the window!

and i'm not saying his a kid at all he lifts a decent size i'm saying there are problems with weight lifting when you start at an early age (which his personal trainer has acknowledged) and no matter how much theory or research you put into it the results will be the same! i big him up for actually getting out there an working hard to have a nice physique as the UK now a days is gettin fat am just sayin watch it but clearly i dont need to as he has the right sort of guidance!

but as he said he seen kids going doing things wrong so i would rather let those young at heart who wish to start weight lifting and read this thread information on possible side effects of starting young and not weightlifting porperly!

also it wasnt a hissy fit it was debating the truth!

lifting your own body mass increses strength more than lifting weights go out and lift weights get bigger then try an do 20 pull ups!

do 20 pull ups for a weeks and i bet you will be able to do them a hell of alot easier! than when you just did weights!

strength is associated with your body mass!

you seem to be confusing strength with power!

read a mens fitness magazine this is where i get my information from and as the leading mens fitness magazine i think they would know such things!

am not trying to get into any sort of argument am just saying this is from very useful sources i have read and even experienced myself aka the pull ups!

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

If you do weights, it will only improve your pull-ups if you do the specific muscle groups linked to doing pull-ups.

Obviously by doing pull-ups, you will be exercising these muscles, and your body gets used to doing them, hence the improvement.

What you said about being confused between strength and power is bollocks.

Strength is basically being able to apply as much force as possible, which weights will do by increasing your muscle strength. E.g. they make you strong.

Although when people say power they tend to mean strength, power is actually the amount of energy given out over time, for example being able to sidehop high means you can put out a lot of energy out (which goes into potential energy via height) in a tiny amount of time, e.g. very fast movement.

I think you are the one confused with power and strength.

luke you are completely off base and clearly tie into so many myths and fallacys about weightlifting it isn't even funny...it's how you were taught so no one is going to convince you otherwise, so I would suggest anyone else with sense to not bother arguing with him.

lifting your own body mass increses strength more than lifting weights go out and lift weights get bigger then try an do 20 pull ups!

holy...shit... :-:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh and ps: mens fitness magazines are total shit.

Edited by AndrewT

I couldnt complete my routine today... i only managed 5 exercises before going to the toilet and throwing up everywhere. I have no idea whats wrong with me.. i started off doing abs, then moved to dips and it was so hard going. I was sweating like f**k and so out of breath. Like my heart was pounding.. i decided to have a sit down before going on to my next exercise and after the first set.. went to talk to a mate and soon as i tried to talk had to run to the toilet.

Im thinking some form of MILD food poisoning?