Chosing A Long Frame

MikeCottTrials

Ok guys i want a long bike. basically i want you guys to pick a frame give me pros and cons and try to convince me to buy it. the only thing is it has to 1065 wheel base or less because i'm to short to handle anything longer. examples would be pitbull 1060, adamant A1 1065, BT raven 6.0 1065 :wink2::blink::rolleyes:

Thats not a long frame then isit really as long now is 1080 ish but more 1090, 1100+

Dave's Bt6 is good, going uber cheap and is only cracked on plate thats not really needed to be honest. If you don't like it it's uber cheap so not much lost

i was gonna say that.

its got a REALLY high BB though

and is only cracked on plate thats not really needed to be honest. If you don't like it it's uber cheap so not much lost

if the plates not needed, then why did it crack there? not a dig or anything, but surely if a frame didnt need a certain section of gusset, for instance cos it was already strong enough, then why would it crack there? surely it being uber strong it would put stresses somewhere else and so the crack would appear somewhere else in the frame

if theres a crack, then leave it, frames like that just aint worse the hassle

i think bikes like the adamant or bt 6.0 have too high bb's for short people.

i am 1m77cm or something like that. i've tried a short raven 6.0 and it sux in my opinion.

get something like a short control or the old short pitbull (05 with not that much bb rise)

-manu

i think bikes like the adamant or bt 6.0 have too high bb's for short people.

i am 1m77cm or something like that. i've tried a short raven 6.0 and it sux in my opinion.

get something like a short control or the old short pitbull (05 with not that much bb rise)

-manu

I think you're wrong there. Shorter people obviously don't stand as high over the bike so an elevated bb will help raise them up and help with tipping the bike onto the front or back wheel. Also when backwheeling and tucking your bike up the higher bb puts you higher up so there's less chance of bumping your rear trye on your arse if you're a shorty.

x Dani x

if the plates not needed, then why did it crack there? not a dig or anything, but surely if a frame didnt need a certain section of gusset, for instance cos it was already strong enough, then why would it crack there? surely it being uber strong it would put stresses somewhere else and so the crack would appear somewhere else in the frame

if theres a crack, then leave it, frames like that just aint worse the hassle

The plates stop the frame twisting and flexing in a place it does really need to. You track a frame by the dropouts and on the BT 6 you can't. One has been sent to Argos @ Bristol for thus and i had one 2 weeks ago, it's can't be done due tothe dropouts being so beafed up by these plates. All frames are ment to have flex and desinged to and is really needed too in all fairness, the Bt6 is rock solid silly stiff. The plates don;t help ether and it'll vary to it dfailing, Bigmans didn;t but Daves did, different batches, differnt grade chnage in material, can have say 7005 but it'll change along the lines a bit, one god one bad.

i heard if youve got a high bb the bike feels smaller. your arms are closer to the bars etc, so it should be easier to ride. got to say ive never been on a high rise bb so i dont know but it makes sense to me

Well if you have got a higher bb, technically you wouldn't feel 'closer to the bars', you would just feel higher up. (or feel like going over the bars lol)

I had a go on my mates 06 Zoo Pitbull the other day and it felt more like a mod than a stock, also it must take a bit getting used to.

Sam

kinda suprised no one mentioned an ashton justice

best riding bike I have been on, probably the best looking as well. wheelbase is just what your after at 1065 too.

Dont forget they are cheaper than most of the competition too.

If for some reason you dont want an ashton, then I say an echo control is the 2nd best riding frame out there

kinda suprised no one mentioned an ashton justice

best riding bike I have been on, probably the best looking as well. wheelbase is just what your after at 1065 too.

Dont forget they are cheaper than most of the competition too.

If for some reason you dont want an ashton, then I say an echo control is the 2nd best riding frame out there

i have thought about the justice but i dont like the mud guard thing it looks childish to me. basically its come down to the echo control and the zoo pitbull. i think i like the way the pitbull looks the best but the control is ment to ride better so who knows?

I think you're wrong there. Shorter people obviously don't stand as high over the bike so an elevated bb will help raise them up and help with tipping the bike onto the front or back wheel. Also when backwheeling and tucking your bike up the higher bb puts you higher up so there's less chance of bumping your rear trye on your arse if you're a shorty.

x Dani x

liar. sadly it doesnt work like that, eg. the vinco, great on the back wheel for everyone, but it feels like it will loop out if you kick, and if i was shorter i would want to be closer to the ground if it does loop out, less distance to fall (Y)

what are you on about boy? :blink: