Heavy Back End

t-rex

i no a light bike is always useful but my rex is rear heavy as well get a sora rear mech if you aint got 1 already and a dmr 16th cassette it runs perfect for me im runnin 18 on the front aswell best gearing lots of power and dont get tired ridin to places (Y)

and i bet ur bike is lighter than mine as im runnin a hope bulb on a ronniw with 3.0 tube in a 2.5 intense tyre :P

Hi,

I ride the T-rex spec 2 and also found the back a little heavy. After I rode my Maxxis - (1248g)- 26 x 2.5” in to the ground, I bought a Maxxis Hansventure - (1136g) - 26 x 2.4" from Tartys. I love this tyre, lighter, great tread and lasts longer due to the harder center, cool!

And as I only use the 18t sprocket for trials and the 11t one for A-B, I got rid of the two biggest ones and filled the gap with spacers. You could buy a lighter inner tube aswell, but watch out for pinch flats!

Saves quite a bit `imo` if still running a few gears. If only I could figre how to only run 18 and 11?

I'm also running a 20t cog on the front!

Anyways, that's my 5p!

DOH! I just realized I could have removed the 21t one aswell....it's coming of now! REMOVE THREE! ^_^

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Concussion

i no a light bike is always useful but my rex is rear heavy as well get a sora rear mech if you aint got 1 already and a dmr 16th cassette it runs perfect for me im runnin 18 on the front aswell best gearing lots of power and dont get tired ridin to places (Y)

and i bet ur bike is lighter than mine as im runnin a hope bulb on a ronniw with 3.0 tube in a 2.5 intense tyre :P

Rick you know i win! Maxxis Sleazy rear 3 inch tube ronnie and a load of spacers dammn thats got to weigh more!

what were saying is although weight will help if you take it too far you'll end up drilling your brake lever (like chai lol)

my entire bike is heavy! :lol:

why do you think im fitter than everyone else?

i takes twice as much effort for me too do anything on my bike! :lol:

You're like 8 years old, you wouldn't know "being fit" if it shot up your coke can sized arse.

As for weight, i used a comp 24 on the back, which is 1500g or something, on a onza full fat rim and hope mono hub. You just get used to it, so i wouldn't bother about weight weeny, especially when it come's to tyres, otherwise you'll just get punctures all the time.

... People spend hundreds of pounds shedding weight off their bikes then ride round with a pocket full of keys and loose change!

:D So true , folks riding the latest superlight frame , taking no account of the bottle of water in the back pocket and toolkit + wallet and chain . That's not to mention fat , heavy skate shoes .

mabey you could consider a whole new rear wheal, but it's up to you

I agree...I'm new to this but I drilled my mavic d521 rims (I dont do anything to major..lol) and had a noticable difference (hmmm..i see people shaking their heads..lol)..or go for the proper jobbies with the holes already there....hmm..i see 2 things happening here...1, many comments on drilled rims...2,one day my rims folding up on me and me thinking bad idea.. :ermm: