Desperate Weight Loss

ramps

Go on admit the most desprate things you have done to save weight on you or bike. Now I'm not talking about lighter rims/forks etc i mean really imaginitive things like drilling holes in your frame and the like. I would kick things off but i haven't done any thing extreme to my bike.

What the fudge are titanium holes?

haha i was thinking that. Maybe hes taking the mick? :S

I have done nothing to reduce my bikes weight because I cant comprehend how drilling a few holes and saving 200g will enable me to sidehop another inch higher :S

nah, Ti holes are for real. :rolleyes:

I've not gone overboard.. I used to have a CF seat, that's about it. Still got it, but broked.

I've got a special little something on my bike now, people'll see later i guess. It's nifty, but doesn't save loads.

My bike is 26lbs now, pretty heavy really.

Base's TA26 stock frame is supplied with a bashplate :blink: . Upon recieving it , I immediately removed and discarded it , but the mounting posts remained . These are pretty large chinks of solid alu under the downtube and B.B shell , so using an angle grinder I cut these down to within millimeters of the frame itself .

Not so much weight saving , as cutting off excess fat that shouldn't have been there in the first place .

I believe Titanium holes are manufactured by the same company who make the Trials-Forum measuring tape ?

:ermm:

so presumably you can get them custom built to your own specifications - like the TF tape measure?

on a related note - is there a set of TF scales i can get ? - it'd be nice to get the bike below 10kg without resorting to lighter parts