Hope

Waynio

Edit: Its not really good publicity is it... Hopes usually free aftercare was what made people buy to be honest.

But at the end of the day a lot of people will buy the products due to their high quality and reliability. I know it wont change the way i buy Hope products

and the comment you mentioned about beginners, with beginners they dont ride hard enough to damage a product, well some of them do but in general they ride small stuff to begin with, and by the time they get to the level of riding which will require a hub servicing etc they will fully appreaciate the sport and how things can start to cost money

Edited by fruitbat

Think its about time they done it but at the same time I can see beginners with shimano's again as they can't afford to fix thier hope WHEN it decides to give up.

Never sent anything back to hope, not a fan of warranty scrounging. Have a good few hope carcus's laying about!

Edit: Its not really good publicity is it... Hopes usually free aftercare was what made people buy to be honest.

it will still be cheaper than buying a new shitmano freehub ever few weeks :)

the main reason i run hopes is because they service things for free but now it will cost me so much im not sure i will be buyinganymore of these hubs and components. although i probably will anyway and service it myself, but thats not the point, alot of people cant

The only problem now is that people won't be able to use Hope's warrantee as an excuse for them breaking every year. Compared to Kings, which are more reliable and have better engagements, the only thing Hope have now is the slightly cheaper price (and now, with the Pro II, it's less of a price gap). They had better hope (no pun intended) that the Pro II is as good as people seem to expect it will be, and it won't need repairing every year. If it is only as reliable as the XC, and there are people who break them once every year or so, Hope are going to have a lot of annoyed customers, who are now having to pay the extra.

Don't get me wrong, I see why they have to do this. I just think that they might annoy a few people in the trials world and lose popularity. Having said that, perhaps they don't really care about trials - Compared to XC, trials is probably a great way to lose money.

Don't get me wrong, I see why they have to do this. I just think that they might annoy a few people in the trials world and lose popularity. Having said that, perhaps they don't really care about trials - Compared to XC, trials is probably a great way to lose money.

they dont really care about trials, hence theres a TRIALS specific brake and hub (Y) come on please. there doing the best for us, the least we can do in return is APPRECIATE their service and just pay the minimal amount that they do charge.

and for this:

the main reason i run hopes is because they service things for free but now it will cost me so much im not sure i will be buyinganymore of these hubs and components. although i probably will anyway and service it myself, but thats not the point, alot of people cant

HENCE hope servicing the hubs and stuff????? i can personally see why alot of people take the hope warranty for granted they dont look any further than their OWN intention.

Waynio.........................

if someone cant fix repair or service something you take/send it to the experts. why do you think there are people called "Hope Dealers"????? for jobs like ratchets and stuff there is only one place that can sort them and thats hope.

for people saying they will buy other products fair do's but when warranty comes along and your snookered you'll go back to a product that has proven itself and is totally in control of doing as much as possible for the customer.

people do need to look from the other side of the pond sometimes.....................its not all one way traffic.

im not missing the point, hope can tell weather it be a trials wheel or not.

Ground rims???? wide rims???? if the internals are nakerd its the same for DH etc etc.

no point missed i spent an hour looking round and talking to the guys @ hope.

Waynio.....................

if you think am wrong so be it, but i did spend a long time with the guys @ hope yesterday getting their opinion and there new ideas of replacing ratchets and parts in the hubs. weather people like it or not this is going to be how the syystem is run.

this was a thread for people to read and understand, its easy, if you break something and hope deem it NOT to be warranty then you will be charged but as i say im only the person who went spoke and listened to what they had to say, weather you listen to what iv put is your own matter but when it comes to sending things back, if they deem it not warranty then im asking you to be prepared to pay. ????? :)

In the end i fell Hope have offered a good service to EVERYONE with all of there parts

I think that for a "smallish" distributer of specilised parts there prime directive is profit as a private firm, this is so we can still keep getting these quality parts for the parice that they are currently getting supplyed them for.

To maintain this service they must take into account all of there expendature.

and people take the piss and rip them for being so nice about it all

had my hope about 8months now, never had any problems with and cannot fault them for anything

i dont have a problem at all with them charging cept i just snapped the axel in my xc this week and wish it wudda done it sooner now :P . ill definatly be going back for more hope though, not going to use anything else because that xc hub of mine never skipped once in almost 2 years!!

i want a pro2t mmmmmmmm little more saving and itl be a sure thing!

just one question on the pro2t does it come with cassette spacers as my friend said it did?

hope rock! (Y)

if they deem it not warranty , i'll be prepared to pay , i was just pointing out how small the trials market is compared to say xc

charel i totally agree with you BUT when its majority of trials hubs going bak????

iv sent approx 10/15 trials wheels back to hope in the past but only 2/3 XC wheels. theres a big difference.

Waynio.......................

Hope it is more clear. but if people dont mind paying thats all good. hope will understand what is and what is not warranty.

BTW when the hub goes back and if you need a new shell etc etc, they re-mark the body of the hub ;) there bloody clever people if you ask me. there smarter than the average bear!!!! (Y):D

ye a factory tour would be kool as f@@k, hope do a ecelent job i paid a bit in the past for servicing and shiz they do a real good job and it aint that expensive isent off 3 hubs they basically gave me 3 new ones, and my hope mono trial wich they bled new pistons pads resovior cover e.t.c and they even gave me a set of hope bearings and a spare set of brake pads all this cost me £40 i think, they are a beast company (Y) the quality of the products are amazing.

Its the fact that their hubs (xc/mono/bulb) don't last very long at all. With my king, I will gladly pay to have it fixed should it break as it doesn't just shit itself in the first few months of ownership.

I have had many hope hubs and everyone of them have died a similar death. Some run standard, some run with light oil etc but all of them have ripped the ratchet ring out with the freehub flexing to hit it! To me this was a problem that hope have now made an effort to solve with the pro2t giving it more supportive bearings in better places. This to me means that they recognise that the mono/xc design is shit for trials and now they plan to make money out of it.

I think the reasoning for this little change isn't as poverty stricken as its made out, but an effort to make people weigh up the options when they come to 'hub breaking' time. Should I get my mono serviced for £35 (not for off the price of the hub new £76ish) or do I buy a hope pro2t... Call me names if you think Im wrong but seeing as its really the trials market sucking the shit out of the warranty system I think hope have seen a way to weed out the xc and sell more pro2t's.

** Awaits a load of shit from all people who are closely related to Hope **

Why should hope provide a warranty on parts that are being used for a purpose they're not designed for? I've known XC riders use the same Hope hub for 5 years without servicing it.

Hope shouldn't pay for out abuse. I've had my fair share of free repairs of them, for which I am grateful, but in future I will pay if required.

And before you say it, I'm not closely related to Hope, but I value their products and customer service, as it's far better than most.

Why do you all think that if you break a king axle in the warranty your not entitled to a FREE replacement because its not designed for TRIALS!!!!

thats all i have to say, iv said what is final and what will happen, if you dont like it im afraid you will have to live with it or spend alot more on a king hub, then when that breaks expect a wallet busting fee???? i dont know why people dont support british companies alot more, theres not enough of them and the service that hope offer is second to none and the best by far in this country. i just think that when everyone has had problems with things they may start to realise that the best stuff is the home made stuff ;):P

Waynio....................... :lol::lol::lol: PS that last line is biased but in my experience it has been very true. i had problems with kings ( i know some of you didnt, but i sacrifised 72ep for 24ep and never looked back, some people are too into having the most pickup rather than the simple things in life, me myself, im a simple person, a bit thick, but i live life as it comes to me and most of all i enjoy myself and have fun. i appreciate what i have and what im given)

i appreciate what i have and what im given)

:-

None of us are complaining about the new prices, just that the free warrenty was one of the big reasons to buy hope. i personally have an XC hubset and a mono mini brake and think they're great. the rear xc has recently been replaced with a king but it willl be going onto my xc bike now. (as the mono mini already has)

Edited by tipsy Jock

exactly people werent bothered about the FREE warranty, but now there a bit dubious???? or some are.

so some people are complaining. i put this topic up for people to see the pricing of the servicing, but posts like "well i dont know how to service it so i wont bother getting it done, il wait till it breaks" kind of attitude is hard to believe but people really are like this. it was them who hope could not afford to keep doing everything for free. i myself at one stage sent a couple back maybe 2/3 years ago, and both were nakerd ratchets they couldnt get them out and give me NEW hubs like £90 hubs for FREE!!!! i actually wrote them a letter to thank them for their amazing service and it was much appreciated.

now its changing like others have said they can not afford to keep doing it all for free. it would be like you opening a shop and doing repairs for free. you would last approx a week or two, then you would be literally in liquidation.

Waynio........................

thats why half of the cycle trade ends up going down. they cant keep up something they started. usually by being too generous in the 1st place.

the industry is getting harder and harder, but it can be made easier if people are told/taught right first time kind of thing. i hope that people will still respect their hope products as much as i do and still support them in every way, THIS may start to see people have their hubs serviced and parts replaced every so often, such as pawls and springs etc etc. this can avoid you having to send your hub back with knakered ratchets if these items are replaced every so often.

as far as i was aware, the lad who fixes the hubs/wheels is in most of time UNLESS he is on holiday, so service would usually be say, send off monday, if it gets to hope tuesday they will POSSIBLY do it tuesday and get it back to you for wednesday, if not it maybe thursday/friday still amazing turn around :)(Y)

Waynio..........................