New Tattoos

AndyT

Don't get your panties in a twist sweetheart - it's only the internet.

Thats even worse, the fact is you've just declared to the whole of trials forum that you would only slay somebody from behind a 14" plasma monitor, Sam c'mon its the internet, yeah, but civility isn't something you just pick and choose to use whenever it suits you.

And no, I dont have any tattoo's, I have some planned but giving blood comes a bit before scarring my body. I am pro tattoo and okay, I wouldn't get scissors and a cut line, but if he likes it, good for him.

Looks good but does it actually mean anything to you?

Does it really matter? My mate just gets tatoos because he likes them. Most people create a meaning anyway lets face it . Oh erm i got these stars cos it reminds me of when i was like erm liked stars and stuff. Basically they just think it look's good but don't want to get slated because they don't have a 'proper reason' . Who cares, some lad at college rock type person with long scruffy hair and iron maiden t shirts got a d12 rip tattoo. Why not. Another lad got a skull and cross bones because it's funny and a typical lad tattoo. Basically he just wanted one for a laugh. Fair play i say. If you want something that looks good get a good tattoo, if you are arsed about 'meanings' and memories take a photo.

Edited by minitrialer

i'll try get some pictures up of mine,my nightmare before x-mas sleeve is almost complete,and my right arms got a few random things,but will be sleeved soon.then my stomach,chest and back to be done :D

also,whats with people worrying about what they put on them!?i've never put anything on mine,mainly cos my ex gf is a tattoist,and apparently you dont need to put nowt on them,its just something they say to protect their asses.she works in Newbury by the way,at Nitty Gritty tattoo parlour.her names Inga,go say hi if your near,shes well good!

Carl

Do you know what pisses me off as I read through this topics.. Someone says they dont like a tattoo for a particular reason and then another chap comes along and says 'well that's just your opinion'.

:mellow:

Of course it's his opinion you idiot! We know it's his opinion by virtue of the fact he said it. What difference does it make if you point this out to everybody? None. It's still his opinion, everyone else has a different opinion.. It changes nothing.

So shhh!

This is the plan then. I want to keep it low-key and subtle, because big gaudy tattoos are not to my taste (and too expensive :P). Thinking about going into Birmingham to get it done. Anyone got any recommendations? Price isn't a real boundary, I want this done as close to flawlessly as possible.

Thanks, Joe x

post-1953-1162380502_thumb.jpg

Afternoon Joe!

Unfortunately being a southern farmer from East Anglia I don't know anyone up that way, but my advice would be to buy a copy of "Tattoo" or something from the nearest cornershop, and look for artists in your area. By that I mean don't look in the classifieds, look at the pages with all the pics on, they always have the name of the tattooist/shop and the location, that way you get a name and you get an example of their work, usually the best tattoo places are the ones that get into the magazine so if they've had work photographed for mags you can be fairly sure they're good!

Looks good though dude, little higher maybe? Oooh sternum(sp), that's gonna vibrate in weird ways I tell you now!

xDaveyx

www.bmezine.com for anyones whos interested in designs.everything from tribal,mauri,old skool,nu skool,skulls,dragons,traditional japanese/chinese,celtic etc.also gives the names of tattooists and locations on some of them. Also if anyones thinking of tribal/mauri work,come to oxford,and go to a place called lionels,then ask for a guy named Curly,he's the best tribal/mauri tattooist in the u.k. bit pricey though,£65 an hour,but then again,its amazing work.flawless!he's also done work on the most tatto'd guy in the world.people fly from all over the place to get work done by him,sound guy aswell.

Carl

Does it really matter? My mate just gets tatoos because he likes them. Most people create a meaning anyway lets face it . Oh erm i got these stars cos it reminds me of when i was like erm liked stars and stuff. Basically they just think it look's good but don't want to get slated because they don't have a 'proper reason' . Who cares, some lad at college rock type person with long scruffy hair and iron maiden t shirts got a d12 rip tattoo. Why not. Another lad got a skull and cross bones because it's funny and a typical lad tattoo. Basically he just wanted one for a laugh. Fair play i say. If you want something that looks good get a good tattoo, if you are arsed about 'meanings' and memories take a photo.

Yeah it does matter why get a tattoo done that means nothing, heck, ill draw it on you for £2.

Look at this guy:

IPB Image

I know him and I bet immediatley seeing that tattoo you think 'thats funny, but what a twat'

hahah that tattoo's wicked!

tatto's dont have to mean anything at all,other than you like them.my nightmare before xmas sleeve means shit to me,i got it cos i thought it would be cool.and my other arm so far has cherry blossoms spiraling down it,and a cartoon image of nikki sixx (from motley crue...) on my inner forearm.i just thought it would be a cool picture to have.no deep,meaningful reason,other than i decided to have it.im getting roses coming from my groin up either side of my belly button,i dont even like roses,i just think it'll be a nice idea,and im having a cartoon style leopard print belt tattoo'd round my waist,again,no meaning.im gonna get the words poison tattoo'd over the top of my stomach arched,cos i like the word poison,and my chest is gonna be something im not 100% on.i generally dont plan a tattoo,i just go and get it.i also have a star on each hand on the fleshy part between thumb and finger,fades from red to black...i was bored so i got them done for something to do.and for goodness sake,no one get their gf/wifes name tattoo'd,it destines the relationship to doom!hahah.

Carl

hahah that tattoo's wicked!

tatto's dont have to mean anything at all,other than you like them.

Despite me being the one who mentioned the whole "meanings" this I do agree with you, I am useless at thinking about the future, other than acknowledging that I may be dead before it gets here, so I just do whatever makes me happy NOW. However I mentioned this as a word of advice to those who want a tattoo but are worried they will regret it, hence they should get something which will still have meaning in however many years etc.

Mine mostly have meaning to me, some don't but I still like them, but in general if you want something get it, someone is always gonna say they don't like it. No one had ever told me they didn't like my wings till the other day this girl saw my pic on MySpace and just said "Yuck, no offence but I HATE your tattoo", which I thought was a bit strong, but it is MY tattoo so it's ok!

xDaveyx

its better to regret the things you've done,than the things you never did.thats why im not bothered about what i get,anything i like at that precise time goes on me,maybe a week later i'll think "why the hell did i get that?" but then i normally have a beer and a ciggie and its all fine.i forget what ive got half the time.i recently noticed that Oogie Boogie (nightmare before xmas) goes into my armpit.i sort of stretched infront of my mirror and yawned,and when i opened my eyes i noticed him...honestly forgot he was there!

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd post a quick pic to show how my rework has gone so far. Please ignore the fact that I look jaundiced in the right hand pic!

The left had pic is before. It looks ok there if I'm honest but this was the day it was finished, it faded a lot as you can see from the right had pic which is the rework so far, the birds and roses have all been redone but the heart and scroll and flames haven't and you can see how they've faded since the first pic was taken.

The main difference is the richer colours, heavier shading and generally better line work (not visible here but up close the linework on the original was shocking) and it isn't just because it's fresh because it's practically healed already, been done a week now!

Let me know what you think, a few people have said they prefer it before but I don't have any pics to show just how bad it looked, it was like it had been done with coloured pencils, trust!

IPB Image

I'll post more pics when it's all finished, the artist doing the rework is JJ at Blood Bros Ltd in Islington, he is a top bloke and allthought they charge £70 an hour which is top end price he works very fast!

Davey

oooh , somebody's developed a bit of man hair since the first one was taken :wub:

Haha, the chest hair was just not visible on the first one, but the chin hair is neccessary otherwise I do actually look 12, which I know you like Jon but I am a real man now, you have to come to terms with it!

Davey

second one definitely looks better davey, the shading on the heart on the first one is a bit shocking to be honest lol, i can see what you mean about the lines aswell!! at least you're doing something about it, i hate peope who realise they dont like it, then leave it anyway...

second one definitely looks better davey, the shading on the heart on the first one is a bit shocking to be honest lol, i can see what you mean about the lines aswell!! at least you're doing something about it, i hate peope who realise they dont like it, then leave it anyway...

Well the heart hasn't been redone yet so the second one is the same it's just faded so the sketchy shading doesn't show as much, but glad you agree it looks better. Once the heart, scroll and flames are redone I'll post another pic. JJ has said he's gonna change the flames quite a bit as they are shite, haha!

Davey

yea, should look really good when its done. shame whoever did it couldnt get it roght the first time, oh well, id rather spend the money gettin it how i like it too so..

..im planning on getting something like this:

IPB Image

...opinions?...

Edited by blinky

yea, should look really good when its done. shame whoever did it couldnt get it roght the first time, oh well, id rather spend the money gettin it how i like it too so..

..im planning on getting something like this:

IPB Image

...opinions?...

Oh dear.....its a dragon....its shit....ull be like the other 50 million people who have dragon's tattoed on them (Y)

Oh dear.....its a dragon....its shit....ull be like the other 50 million people who have dragon's tattoed on them (Y)

True but I'm like the other 50 million people who have swallows and hearts and scrolls and flames, hahaha, never mind!

I'm not keen on the dragon though either, personal preference, get it done in colour really high quality and you will be slightly more individual because most dragons I've seen have been done black and done bad!

Davey