How My Views Of Trials Forum Have Changed...

hill_393

I posted the following message on this site a few days back simply to vent the pure frustration I was feeling at the time. The message will explain this. I never expected it would stir up the hornet's nest that it has. 4 pages of different views, opinions, recommendations, and dislikes. I have to say it was nice to read arguments from both sides, apart from some snide little sarcy comments. I suppose everyone at the end of the day is entitled their own view, and to learn from this will be a good thing. I am barely able to get onto the Internet, with work and one thing and another. To have sarcy little relpy's with people telling me to f**k off because I spoke my mind did annoy me a lot, but like I said i enjoyed reading the replies not only from fellow riders but also the system administrators who keep this place running and all of us talking. Thank you for all the hard work you put into making this site possible. Seeing 2 sides to an argument has changed my perspective, maybe it will everyone else...............

Darren

This is the note I posted :

I have recently tried to post a link to an E Bay Site I am selling my Adamant A2 on. I couldn't post it on the Sale Forum as my user name doesn't have permission or something like that. I then get a bitchy reply when I posted the link on the new members site! This is the only one I could. I find it pretty funny that I have been a member for over a year now, and I have sent message after message to upgrade me to the administrators, to which they've ignored, and then I'm the one being had a go at, because i try to think off my own back. I can read, but maybe it's time the administrators start rading there E Mails, and help their user's out! After all, we're the one's making their site successful!

is this all to get on the mods good sides or something :lol: I read a bit of the biggining of your topic and i think that one of the first things onzaboy said about the reason theres a few people that shouldn't have been validated that were was because of rushing to get people validated, i think its better for the future of this site in the long run in order to make the sight a little cleaner. So i guess we've all just got to be patient.

Either way the people running this place must be doing a good job otherwise this forum wouldn't be so popular.

Edited by derenkirby

Yes i think the bitchiness is a bit sad at times and i know that if they were stood in front of me they wouldn't have the balls to say anything, but that's the nature of the internet!!!!

I've only been on the forum for 2 weeks and posted over 50 times, you've only posted 9 and most of them are about bollocks....

You speak about bitchiness being a bit sad, and look at what you'v just written - My point exactly

Darren

Yes i think the bitchiness is a bit sad at times and i know that if they were stood in front of me they wouldn't have the balls to say anything, but that's the nature of the internet!!!!

I've only been on the forum for 2 weeks and posted over 50 times, you've only posted 9 and most of them are about bollocks....

Dude that wasn't being bitchy! He's right though.. you can't expect to be validated and allowed to sell things in the full members area if you don't bother posting a lot and if they're rubbish posts. The mods won't want you to come in and join the other members if you don't contribute anything.

Sounds like your a fag 2 biatch! <<< that was bitchy!

Seriously though, it quite clearly states that new members can't post links to ebay auctions or advertise them selling something in any way on the forum till they've become validated. Which brings about the next point that you kept asking the mods/admin why you hadn't been validated yet and telling them to "upgrade you" as you put it.

• Harassing Admins/Moderators via PM/Email/MSN WILL NOT get you validated any faster.

It's at the top of every page, and yet you failed to adhere to it and now you wonder why you weren't validated. Admittedly the sarcastic message about your ebay thread might not have been neccesary but if you have been repeatedly annoying the mods with validation messages then you most probably deserved it. Hell you deserved it for not bothering with the rules.... they're not exactly hard ones are they?

As for making another topic about it, just leave it now its run its course. You'd be more likely to become validated if you put it behind you and tried to be polite and friendly and helpful in other topics instead of bringing the subject up again and looking like a whining little child.

If you wanted to apologise you could have just pm'd them to say sorry i'm sure that would have done you a whole load of good and might have helped get you validated by showing the mods you are responsible enough to take the time to pm them instead of quickly making a thread that will most likely spark off more arguments and excite the other new members into thinking that they can make these kind of threads as well.

HERE HERE!!!!!!!!

+ I've just been upgraded to a member.. what have i done that you haven't :blink:

O'yer posted.....

sorry that was mean...... if you want to be a member just get in and chat... that what we're here for..

Edited by DAB

Good point

Consider it finished

As for making another topic about it, just leave it now its run its course. You'd be more likely to become validated if you put it behind you and tried to be polite and friendly and helpful in other topics instead of bringing the subject up again and looking like a whining little child.

If you wanted to apologise you could have just pm'd them to say sorry i'm sure that would have done you a whole load of good and might have helped get you validated by showing the mods you are responsible enough to take the time to pm them instead of quickly making a thread that will most likely spark off more arguments and excite the other new members into thinking that they can make these kind of threads as well.

Well it has to be said, its quality not quantity.

Some people are suggesting that he posts lots of stuff to get validated, fair enough if you want to get noticed, but whats to say they'll be good posts?

I think I was validated on the first post I made, simply because it had good spelling, grammar and it was well constructed. I haven't been on this forum long enough to say what would get you validated, but its not hard to guess.

Add something beneficial to the forum, not some bullshitty topic like 'whats the longest gap you can do?'...they're nice to brag in and start a conversation, but in all seriousness, no one really gives a toss.

What I, and I imagine a lot of people on this forum, like to read is a topic that;

• Has good spelling
  • Has good grammar
  • Easy to read (eg. Don't piss about with font style/colour)
  • Gives any background/present information to tried/tested methods (as much as possible if its a question)
  • Exact details of anything (parts, bike, size)
  • and finally, if its a question, make sure you post if the given solution worked or not.
The last one imparticular is always handy, people say 'use the search' but what good is it if you have the questions but no definate answers? Edited by anzo

yea sure you just have to know that loads of people have different oppinions and react in different ways. she people will go f**k off e.t.c. others will get defencive, some will go im 25 with a degree so im right always blah blah blah!!!

but i respect your post man just make good posts using ^^^^^ advise

Dave you couldn't have put that any nicer way? lol

Any way how's your snapped spoke? And how the hell did you know it was a snapped spoke just by the sound your bike made?

I had absolutly no-idea, ahh well its something to add to your "Broken Parts list" And keep working on breaking a top cap. I think if you break that then thats everything you can break on a bike broken by you.

My veiws on this piece of shit are still the same.

Seriously dude, if you're going to keep on whining about how shit the forum is until you want to sell something again, just go somewhere else? Before, when you started being all sweetness and loveliness it was because you were trying to plug your Cycology stuff, then you did it again when you wanted to sell your Monty, and now that hasn't worked you're whinging about it again? No doubt you're feeling all hard-done-by and shit, but to be honest, this is getting well old. Most of the posts you've done recently have all been shit, so trying twice to get people to sell your bike for you (After being told not to before ;)), and then posting crap in other threads isn't really helping your cause, is it...

Seriously dude, if you're going to keep on whining about how shit the forum is until you want to sell something again, just go somewhere else? Before, when you started being all sweetness and loveliness it was because you were trying to plug your Cycology stuff, then you did it again when you wanted to sell your Monty, and now that hasn't worked you're whinging about it again? No doubt you're feeling all hard-done-by and shit, but to be honest, this is getting well old. Most of the posts you've done recently have all been shit, so trying twice to get people to sell your bike for you (After being told not to before ;)), and then posting crap in other threads isn't really helping your cause, is it...

I was only advertising Cycology because i was the only trials rider in the school, and i had access to this forum.

Yes, i have been f**ked over quite a few times and therefore lost the will to post......When i first joined as "Mr_Pitbull" I made 3 posts and was validated, why should i pretend to care anymore and post in topics i really dont have time for etc.

I can't tell you how annoying it is being validated 4 times, because TomTurds on his period.

It's actually more due to miscommunication. If you're going to get all self-righteous, allow me to as well and point out that actually, by rights, we should've/could've totally banned every account you've had because you've made a seperate account?

Don't give me that crap about Cycology too. If you think I'm going to fall for the "I wasn't trying to make any money out of it", you're a bit wide of the mark ;)

Yes, i have been f**ked over quite a few times and therefore lost the will to post......

Gonna whip your violin out yet or are you willing to accept that there are big nasty people on the intermaweb who won't play nicely with you? Seriously, get over stuff like that. I've been f**ked around on here too, but I can deal with it, so why can't you?

well im glad you've seen sense, but for me personally i really don't give a hoo ha if i get validated or not, as long as i can still read the rides/locations section and the videos bit then im alright sitting here, i mujch prefer to be out RIDING my bike instead of spending all my time here posting pointless threads about which rider do you brown nose the most, so please in future for anytone out there post stuff that is actually relevant or interesting/helpful to read.

cheers (Y)

I don't like it in some ways. I mean i've posted a post about something and i gave my opinion and i got this back. " your head is to far up your own arse to see what your typing". and stuff like that. It turned into an argument and i found that it was silly. I gave an opinion and if i cant do that without getting my head bit of then oh my god. Also it would be wierd because like one of you said thats the joy of the net you can say stuff you would never say to someones face and if you went on a big group ride and the guy there was the one you slagged off it would be wierd and if no one likes you and you go on a ride it wont be to much fun. Allot of people hate me on here because some wanker hacked my account and if you really don't believe me you can go kill your self. At the end of the day its a forum we are meant to help each other. Not abuse each other. At the end of the day we are all as bad a each other for doing it. I really hate it when people slag me off because i feel unwelcome and if i met you in real life you would give me funny looks. Every thread turns into an argument. WHY. Its stupid. You can give your opinion. If someone has a zoo e.g and they post a pick of it and its been sprayed i don't know erm white with yellow parts and someone don't like it the can say it and shouldn't get abuse back. If you don't like it you don't like it. Thats like some people don't like tomatoes you wouldn't abuse each other over that. ( if you did you are pathetic and worthless). I don't really know if i'm making much sense and i will probs get abuse from someone again but ow well. So come on get a bit more friendly some of you. Its not a comp to see whos the meanest. We are here to help each other. Hope some of this made sense.

Beau

P.S. if you want to give me abuse add me to msn don't block the forum with or shit hope i made sense or something like that.

My veiws on this piece of shit are still the same.

So why are you still here? You obviously like 'This piece of shit' otherwise you'd find another forum? It's not exactly rocket science......Well, actually. Maybe it is for you.

I don't like it in some ways. I mean i've posted a post about something and i gave my opinion and i got this back. " your head is to far up your own arse to see what your typing". and stuff like that. It turned into an argument and i found that it was silly. I gave an opinion and if i cant do that without getting my head bit of then oh my god. Also it would be wierd because like one of you said thats the joy of the net you can say stuff you would never say to someones face and if you went on a big group ride and the guy there was the one you slagged off it would be wierd and if no one likes you and you go on a ride it wont be to much fun. Allot of people hate me on here because some wanker hacked my account and if you really don't believe me you can go kill your self. At the end of the day its a forum we are meant to help each other. Not abuse each other. At the end of the day we are all as bad a each other for doing it. I really hate it when people slag me off because i feel unwelcome and if i met you in real life you would give me funny looks. Every thread turns into an argument. WHY. Its stupid. You can give your opinion. If someone has a zoo e.g and they post a pick of it and its been sprayed i don't know erm white with yellow parts and someone don't like it the can say it and shouldn't get abuse back. If you don't like it you don't like it. Thats like some people don't like tomatoes you wouldn't abuse each other over that. ( if you did you are pathetic and worthless). I don't really know if i'm making much sense and i will probs get abuse from someone again but ow well. So come on get a bit more friendly some of you. Its not a comp to see whos the meanest. We are here to help each other. Hope some of this made sense.

Beau

P.S. if you want to give me abuse add me to msn don't block the forum with or shit hope i made sense or something like that.

I think it would be better if people stopped posting now as this really isn't going to help anyone in any way what so ever, i don't really think there is much left to describe here as hill393/beau has made his point and has been answered by many people who keep giving the same answers, this is just turning into some some sort of virtual fight and i don't think it is really appropriate.

This might seem like rubbing it in to the other new members but what the hell, Congratulations to hill_393 on becoming a full member. :D:D

See how he's typing correctly and being nice... do the same and you will be with us soon enough!

Edited by Krisboats

This might seem like rubbing it in to the other new members but what the hell, Congratulations to hill_393 on becoming a full member. :D:D

See how he's typing correctly and being nice... do the same and you will be with us soon enough!

Erm well in a way its forums fault. i spell checked it twice and its shit. Oh well woopie do hes a member. I use this forum to do one thing. Get some vids. So everyone stop licking each others arses and go riding