The Welsh Fireman Sam

Rich J

Ok this topic is very off the topic of trials but ill say it anyway.

Me and a couple of my mates were sat in regastration bored as usual and suddenly the topic of classic kids tv came up then fireman sam. Now on tv Fireman Sam is american This outraged us all and we decided to do something about it we wrote a letter. Now this wasnt any letter it stated that we wanted the original welsh Fireman Sam back and also how we wanted the box set of dvds. the letter consisted of a folded over piece of lined a4 paper held down by tipex on the back. The address was: bbc studios, freepost, london po box 1234 and i drew on the stamp. On the way home from school we posted it and expected to hear nothing more. How wrong were we. Yesterday we got a letter back saying how they appriciatef our thoughts and how they would pass them on to some boss bloke. We didnt get any dvds for our trouble but instead they sent us colouring book. We are now going to write again for more free stuff.

Now i no that was random but someone out there must have done something similar if you have or you know someone who has can you please post.

thanks rich

I complain about everything I can think of, lol. Most people think nothing of little things but I have to take it one step further otherwise I'm just annoyed with myself.

For example I complain about driving instructors, staff at shops, police, traffic wardens, bus companies, TV, if I buy something that doesn't work or breaks, I complain.

If I don't get a letter back, I send another and another...some people say I have nothing better to do...but hey, but, I just like complaining a lot.

A little tip, I once complained to haribo that there were not enough cola bottles in the starmix...result, 3 big bags of haribo starmix and 3 bags of cola bottles!

-----

Not exactly on the same lines here but anyway...

We have a 24 hour tesco up the road, I go there most night for something to eat if Im out or whatever, anyway, me and my mate were sat outside board, when we came out of the shop I notice a colouring competition...so I took a leaflet.

The competition was to design some wrapping paper which, if you won, would be printed out for you and you also got a few pounds worth of vouchers...but I was board so I gave it ago.

Now then, the rules of this competition were you had to be under 10 years old, I was 17 at the time. I had a pen on me from work, and I used my left hand to draw out a christmas tree and wrote 'I love shopping with my mummy'. I then filled out my name and address, aged 8 years old :)

I posted it and forgot about it. A month or so later I woke up, and found I had a letter though the door, something a long the lines of 'Congratulations Matt, you have won the wrapping paper competition. Please get mummy or daddy to attend you to the store where your photograph will be taken for the local newspaper, and you will collect your prize'.

...shit...I had to ring the woman up and make out that I never sent in a competition entery.

So, the moral of the story is, don't enter a competition for 10 year olds, chances are you'll win it.

I'm suprised they even sent the letter if you drew on the stamp.

The keyword is 'Freepost' :-

'Congratulations Matt, you have won the wrapping paper competition. Please get mummy or daddy to attend you to the store where your photograph will be taken for the local newspaper, and you will collect your prize'.

...shit...I had to ring the woman up and make out that I never sent in a competition entery.

Awwww no way

Could you not have sent in like a little brother/sister/cousin/payed child off the street?

With all the results of my fireman Sam letter im now writing two more 1 about postman pat ever getting a promotion and one about how Thomas the Tank is dearly missed lol. Any more letter ideas are much appriciated.

Edited by dickj

all you people who say its too small go down to specsavers and try there free contact lense deal!! :rolleyes:

Yes and they are also giving away free glasses cases but i might complain about mine because it doesnt hold glasses very well :P

I complain about everything I can think of, lol. Most people think nothing of little things but I have to take it one step further otherwise I'm just annoyed with myself.

For example I complain about driving instructors, staff at shops, police, traffic wardens, bus companies, TV, if I buy something that doesn't work or breaks, I complain.

If I don't get a letter back, I send another and another...some people say I have nothing better to do...but hey, but, I just like complaining a lot.

A little tip, I once complained to haribo that there were not enough cola bottles in the starmix...result, 3 big bags of haribo starmix and 3 bags of cola bottles!

Is that because you failed matt ? :-

I moan a lot because I'm bored a lot :)

Adam, It wasn't about an instructor, my fault, it was the fat sarcastic fanny at the Theory Test centre, moaning at me for feck all...so I complained about him and I got a phone call back, turns out there had been a few complains against him.

I recently heard from my instructor that he got suspended and sent on a customer relations training course because of the complaints :)

Moaning gets Results.