Between Bar & Grips?

N Roach

use gt85 just as good, i use it all the time at work when doing repairs.

GT85 underneath your grips :S thats a new one its just like wd40 which is a lubricant so surley it makes your grips slip all over the place?

what i found was even when my grips were stuck solid in place they had a tendancy to move towards my brake levers particually on the right handed side. To solve it i cut up a spare grip which i put so it touched the lever at 1 end and the grip at the other so effectivly my bar was 1 long grip from the end to my brake

GT85 underneath your grips thats a new one its just like wd40 which is a lubricant so surley it makes your grips slip all over the place?

wd40 is a de-greaser not a lubricant, i think :ermm: somebody correct me if im wrong who knows what there on about

Edited by lewis69

GT85 underneath your grips :S thats a new one its just like wd40 which is a lubricant so surley it makes your grips slip all over the place?

That's what I thought but I tried it when I had no hairspray to hand and it worked alright. I think it just dries after a while but still stops water and crap getting under your grips.

Use roadie bar tape its the way foreward , will hurt for a while but gives a nice natural feels and doesn't slip if dont right. Also allows for easy on and off :)

If it does hurt give 'specialized phat bar wrap' (it's called something like that) a go, it's a bit thicker than other roadie tapes and you can get gel inserts to go under it aswell, I've got it on my road bike and it's reet comfy.

GT 85 I believe is a water dispersent

Yea but WD40 means Water dispesrant X40 so if you use 1mm of wd40 it will disperse 40mm of water - or so i have been lead to belive over my long years so if gt85 was the same then it would be shit like wd40? meh i dont know im not gonna take this on if you have some spare use it and tell me

just please dont use plasic cleaner "back to black" feels like im on a ped when i ride (was only used on right side)

Looks like another vote for hairspray :D

GT85 is good at getting them on/off though.

I guess most type of tape would work. If you really want to keep the grips for ages, then maybe a little bit of double-sided stick tape would do the trick (Y)

Yea but WD40 means Water dispesrant X40 so if you use 1mm of wd40 it will disperse 40mm of water - or so i have been lead to belive over my long years so if gt85 was the same then it would be shit like wd40? meh i dont know im not gonna take this on if you have some spare use it and tell me

just please dont use plasic cleaner "back to black" feels like im on a ped when i ride (was only used on right side)

I thought that the 40 refered to the number of the formula?

Anyways, I find just being a man and forcing them bitches on works best. Alternatively, if you have the time/patience/air compressor, you can use air to slide them on, leaving you with well attached grips.

I find licking my finger, running that round the furthest in part of the grip, then beasting it on works best though, even though it grosses Hudson out heinously.

Anyways, I find just being a man and forcing them bitches on works best.

...completely destroying a good pair of monty foam grips by any chance?

use a hair dryer to expand the rubber then damp the bars and push on then put the hairdryer on cold and the grips shrink on!

the put a zip-tie on either end and bobs your uncle non moverble grips!

or get dmr zip-grips! red,green,blue,light blue, erm ;) cant remember any other colours erm there on tartybikes.co.uk!