Inopia Riding Shoes, Anyone Else Disappointed?

Swize

Well ive had my shoes all of what 2 months and ive been running them on a set of worn v8's and well there dead. All the little I's have just been torn off leaving me with no grip at all on the shoe for riding.

Ive not rode in them much at all, normaly only Saterday and Sunday then the odd friday night so its not like ive put them through loads of riding at all.

My DC's lasted a good year of riding so is this really what we should expect for some riding pasific shoes?

Anyone else liked/disliked there shoes?

Knew I should of brought Orchids :closedeyes: .

Sam

Edited by Swize

ok , let me set things more straight towards TRIALS riding shoes ...

If you want to make good trials shoes then you will also make weak shoes.

A better advice towards trials shoes are to buy shoes which isnt made to be trials shoes,

like buying the BMX shoes of try-all . I have them now because i got tired of my shoes getting destroyed pretty fast, and i thought i would have less feel and control of the bike in these much stiffer shoes , but i was wrong , i ride equally good or even better (because of more protection on my feets) in these BMX try- all shoes.

If you want shoes to ride trials in and you also want em to last long .. get the TRY-ALL BMX shoes .

I like them......only had them a month but theres no wear at all on the sole HONEST (i only use them on the bike) but i ride in them for 1/2 hours every night (as long as its dry :P ) the only bad point ive found is as soon as you step in mud they loose all grip (probably has something to do with my v8's too)

At first they felt bulky but after a week they loosened up and feel no different to riding in skate shoes......IMO!

joshywa

I've had mine for ages, they've been worn for a while. But I'm too much of a cheapskate to get more shoes cos my socks arent touching my pedals yet :P But yeah, ever from the start, the grip wasn't great really... just like any other skate shoe I've come across.

a lot of people say that the try-all shoes dont last very long but mine are excellent. there isnt amark on them and they are grippy and stop me getting cramp in my feet.

i know that phil williams has had his try-all shoes for over a year and his are still going strong.

i would recomend these shoes to anyone. worth every penny (Y)

a lot of people say that the try-all shoes dont last very long but mine are excellent. there isnt amark on them and they are grippy and stop me getting cramp in my feet.

i know that phil williams has had his try-all shoes for over a year and his are still going strong.

i would recomend these shoes to anyone. worth every penny (Y)

Ummm yer :ermm: .

Cheers for the replies people seams the avrage llife of thease shoes is 2/3 mounths then :( .

Well ive leant my lesson skate shoes next time.

Sam

Ummm yer :ermm: .

Cheers for the replies people seams the avrage llife of thease shoes is 2/3 mounths then :( .

Well ive leant my lesson skate shoes next time.

Sam

Then you'll learn your lesson then, then you'll get some BMX shoes ;)

Lotek, Orchid and Vans make awesome shoes that really do the job well. The Source may even have their Orchid sale still on. Anyways, they make great shoes that are super nice to ride in. Unfortunately, they don't look like they were designed by a blind 3-year-old, so they won't appeal to most trials riders, but with a biro, a marker pen and some red felt you could make yourself some knock-off Try-All BMX shoes pretty easily ;)

Then you'll learn your lesson then, then you'll get some BMX shoes ;)

Lotek, Orchid and Vans make awesome shoes that really do the job well. The Source may even have their Orchid sale still on. Anyways, they make great shoes that are super nice to ride in. Unfortunately, they don't look like they were designed by a blind 3-year-old, so they won't appeal to most trials riders, but with a biro, a marker pen and some red felt you could make yourself some knock-off Try-All BMX shoes pretty easily ;)

If I waited another week I would of seen you post with the cheep orchids, just I was desprate for some shoes.

Looks like they only have super huge or tiny shoes in stock though :angry: .

Reccon I may wack some sort of glue all over the soles see what happens then..

Sounds realy crap for shoes that are designed for riding, I've had a pair of globes for almost a year, wear them everyday and there still ok, bit shabby but the soles still grip, I bought some Orchids but i'm not so keen as they seem mega fat and wide which I hate.

Go Globes.

I just buy cheapish skate shoes for riding in when a shop like bmx-shop or Alans has a sale on. Can't really complain about the grip, most of my shoes last 3-6 months then fall apart anyhow.

It's a tough life being a shoe that has to be able to grip around sharp pins on a pedal, survive being scuffed on tarmac, played football with, being puked on at weekends/parties (ok so not me personally but many friends I know have) and geting covered in mud at trails. I've learned that if you rotate your pairs of trainers they'll last for ages.

Tom

I really like my Inopias.

I had some Osiris' before, and they were grippy too. My V8's wore holes where the pins go in, which made them grippier.

My Inopias have only worn where the pedals go, and are still really grippy.

Really comfy too. And I've had these for a few months now.

get some no fear skate shoes :) ive had mine for 6-7 months and theyre still top grip and havent died. Plus they only cost 20 quid :)

Ben

Ditto, I bought a pair for £15 nearly a year ago now and I only used them a month or so for riding before I bought my try-all shoes and they were OK. I still have them now, I wear them everyday and sometimes ride in them when I cant be bothered to put my try-alls on (I like sliding shoes on and off, Im lazy) and I cant fault them, especially for how cheap they are.

I have to say though my try-all boots, despite what some people say, have lasted me a long while and I use them heavily. The only signs of wear are the small grooves in the soles where my pedal pins have been.

I've not had any problems with mine. I've got two pairs, one i used for riding and another i use for everyday wear etc. Both pairs are over 3 months old now and are still in very good condition with very little wear at all. The extra heal padding has certainly saved my ankles from severe jolts on more than a few occaisions :)