Hickups(sp)

thesubway

drink a glass of water from the wrong side.

so instead of drinking from the side nearest you drink from the one furtherst away, you'll sort of have to bend over/upside down.

it sounds tupid but it's worked for me a few times.

i can't actually remember the last time i had them though, so maybe it's even a cure. haha.

Yeah hiccups are just spasms of your diaphragm so like people said you just need to really focus on controlling your breathing.

Should work.

I also just found this... interested to know if it actually works..

(1) Pour a TALL glass of water.

(2) Hold your breath... ***

(3) IMPORTANT...PINCH YOUR NOSE CLOSED.

(4) Slowly, take 10 - 20 swallows of the water...while holding your breath with your nose pinched closed.

(5) When you can't stand it any more....you'll know by that overwhelming drowning sensation -- after a gasp, take a deep breath and relax.

Edited by nichols_sam

Yeah hiccups are just spasms of your diaphragm so like people said you just need to really focus on controlling your breathing.

Should work.

I also just found this... interested to know if it actually works..

(1) Pour a TALL glass of water.

(2) Hold your breath... ***

(3) IMPORTANT...PINCH YOUR NOSE CLOSED.

(4) Slowly, take 10 - 20 swallows of the water...while holding your breath with your nose pinched closed.

(5) When you can't stand it any more....you'll know by that overwhelming drowning sensation -- after a gasp, take a deep breath and relax.

you don't even need to use the water, you can do it by just holding your nose and swallowing air without breathing in, do it about 10-20 times as stated above and then you should be cured. Just don't burp straight after and dont start back on the beer again or you'll get them back.