Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

• 2 weeks later...

I did for 6 months, then once we lived together she cheated on me. Good times.

(Yes. 6 months. I know. Long story short I live in Sheffield, she needed somewhere to stay for 3 months in Sheffield until she moved into her new house.)

Edited by Muel

Crisis! Trying to think of a christmas present for a lass. It's almost impossible. Bought her jewellery for her birthday, honestly can't come up with anything thoughtful. :(

Without being a complete dick, jewellery was hardly that thoughtful in the first place :P

Protip: Use their personality to buy for them. Last Christmas (or the one before, I forget) I got Leanne a load of horse riding sessions because she hadn't ridden for about 8 years and wasn't making the time to do it herself. I would put what I'm planning to get her this year, but she's taken to starting to spy on me here. Hi Leanne!

Just think about what she likes or has spoken about doing and you're on the right track - I always think that experiences win over posessions, because they are often things the person wouldn't have done themselves...

Without being a complete dick, jewellery was hardly that thoughtful in the first place :P

Yeh, meant to imply that. :P

Protip: Use their personality to buy for them. Last Christmas (or the one before, I forget) I got Leanne a load of horse riding sessions because she hadn't ridden for about 8 years and wasn't making the time to do it herself. I would put what I'm planning to get her this year, but she's taken to starting to spy on me here. Hi Leanne!

Just think about what she likes or has spoken about doing and you're on the right track - I always think that experiences win over posessions, because they are often things the person wouldn't have done themselves...

Aye very sound advice. I shall have to get thinking...

EDIT: Seeing as I'm busy all week I've suggested I take Monday off work and we go Christmas present shopping. Hoping for some inspiration...

Edited by Muel

Who deals with long distance on here?

I did it for a year before I met the girl, then 1 and a half years with only seeing her 4 weeks at a time with months in between.

You have to have a very very strong level of trust otherwise it'll just die.

So confused. Two girls, both of which seam dead into me, yet at the same time dont? I dont get it, why such mixed signals? (One is worth a poke, other is worth perhaps more).

Might Re-write this when im more sober.

Why are you trying to second guess or understand women? Start with something easier like string theory.

I say if you can't be at her house within half an hour, it's not worth it. Depends how much she means to you though.

I think this is why we end up with inbreds

I kind of did it for six months, she was in London I was in Barcelona now shes here and were still together after 6 months.

I think Long distance is shit and would never do it again.

It also has its perks.. believe or not ...f**king not so often is good because you can "talk" a lot about what your going to do when you see eachother and in turn you make them f**king filth. My now fiance is pure filth its awesome I had plenty of time to mould her in to what i wanted with a bit of distance involved.

p.s. if she is reading this love you as you are! (now)

• Like 3

It also has its perks.. believe or not ...f**king not so often is good because you can "talk" a lot about what your going to do when you see eachother and in turn you make them f**king filth. My now fiance is pure filth its awesome I had plenty of time to mould her in to what i wanted with a bit of distance involved.

Agreed. Though I'm not married.

I think I may have "accidentally" done the same. :shifty: I went to uni in Brum whilst my missus studied at home in Cheltenham, saw eachother max fortnightly, it worked fine for 4 years and now I'm working and living in Cheltenham. Mind you, I came back at Christmas/Easter/Summer holidays so it might be a bit more difficult if you don't share a hometown

Another vote for distance breeding filth, although in my case it was waiting for the right time for us to be together. Filth ensues.

It was a many year process though, including both of us having other relationships first... Me and Leanne took 5+ years to get together.

Should probably also add its not all filth (Hi Leanne!)

Edited by JDâ„¢

Distance can work as someone said its about having strong trust in said person. Me and Jim had quite a distance for about 6 months before i moved to Blackpool from Birmingham. Been with him 3yr 4months now and our relationship is sooo strong! So don't write it off completely.

Yes this is very true I remember it was almost like having four weeks of forplay before seeing eachother again.