Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

i honestly hate my girlfriend

Have words, don't sugar coat it, give her an ultimatum - she either stops being a twat or you're over,

This will initially make the situation 100x worse, until she calms down and either 1) Becomes a rational human being or 2) Cheats on you to maintain making you miserable because she is a plain old bitch :)

Have words, don't sugar coat it, give her an ultimatum - she either stops being a twat or you're over,

This will initially make the situation 100x worse, until she calms down and either 1) Becomes a rational human being or 2) Cheats on you to maintain making you miserable because she is a plain old bitch :)

thing is we argue every single day, its honestly not my fault either... when i tell her to change or we done she does for a week tops and we dont have a single argument thats how i know im not starting them

Ask yourself, is there any chance that at some point in the future you would consider taking the next step with her? (Moving in together, getting engaged, having kids, whatever).

If not, it's probably best to end it now, because any more time spent with her is wasted.

Seems like you're under the thumb. And while you may not be as young as I thought, she's acting like a 16 year old.

Harsh advice, bin her. Softer advice, say exactly how you feel, don't remind her again, if she doesn't show an overall improvement, bin her.

Edited by MonsieurMonkey

Ask yourself, is there any chance that at some point in the future you would consider taking the next step with her? (Moving in together, getting engaged, having kids, whatever).

If not, it's probably best to end it now, because any more time spent with her is wasted.

we have are own 2 bedroom cottage :/

but i cant see a future with her.

i know what needs to be done, just hard to actuly do it.

Then you need to man the hell up and just get it done. You already know it needs doing, so get your finger out your arse and make it happen. Living together will make stuff difficult, but if you don't have any decent feelings towards her any more then there's nothing to bother saving.

Or, just 'accidentally' get caught with someone else in your bed. That'll save you having to do it.

Seems like you're under the thumb. And while you may not be as young as I thought, she's acting like a 16 year old.

Harsh advice, bin her. Softer advice, say exactly how you feel, don't remind her again, if she doesn't show an overall improvement, bin her.

not under the thumb as such i do what i want to do, but 70% of the time i just make my life easyer and do what she wants to avoid a argumant lol

Then you need to man the hell up and just get it done. You already know it needs doing, so get your finger out your arse and make it happen. Living together will make stuff difficult, but if you don't have any decent feelings towards her any more then there's nothing to bother saving.

Or, just 'accidentally' get caught with someone else in your bed. That'll save you having to do it.

Lol noo im not that guy! think ill wait till she is at work tomorrow and just move out lol

not under the thumb as such i do what i want to do, but 70% of the time i just make my life easyer and do what she wants to avoid a argumant lol

Lol noo im not that guy! think ill wait till she is at work tomorrow and just move out lol

At least give her the respect of telling her you're going to do it, and be man enough to say it to her! You're 'not that guy' but you'll just move out and leave her to it? Niiiiice.

Oh, and doing what she wants 70% of the time - even if you think it's just to make your life easier - is being under the thumb.

At least give her the respect of telling her you're going to do it, and be man enough to say it to her! You're 'not that guy' but you'll just move out and leave her to it? Niiiiice.

Oh, and doing what she wants 70% of the time - even if you think it's just to make your life easier - is being under the thumb.

Ohh of coarse was a terrible joke, would never just move and and ignore her she lives to close to my mother :shifty:

and yeah guess your right hmm......

Anyone got any tips with dealing with break ups? My girlfriend and I broke up in October, after being together for almost 4 years. New 6 months down the line im still struggling with it. Doesn't help that we are living in rooms next door to each other in the same house (student accommodation). Really cant see it getting any better, and she is getting close to other guys now, which she is well within her right to do, but it still kills me to know it. Still really in love with her :(

Get over it. Is my first point. But go shagging birds. That always helps. Do shit with your mates. Pick up another hobby. Best way to see it is, you can now do whatever the f**k you want, until you get another bird. So enjoy that, while I sit in the library with my bird looking at all these fit, naive first years I should be taking advantage of.

And remember, one person always gets more f**ked over at the end of a relationship than the other. It was you this time, it's all chemicals in your head telling you that you love her anyway.

Edited by MonsieurMonkey

As nasty as it sounds, you've really got to force yourself to stop seeing her in the same way and get on with putting yourself back out there a little. Not necessarily going out and sleeping with a dozen women (it helps, but I don't think that's really your style) but when you're out and about meet new chicks, hang out with female friends a bit more and generally make sure that other girls play a healthy part in your social life. Once she starts to be 'just another girl' again rather than always seeing her as your ex there won't be an issue any more, but 'til then you just need to take away the (completely natural) pedestal that you've had her on in the past :)

Distance helps a lot. My ex used to live with my girlfriend, so for a while that was a right mess, but she's moved to Leeds now with her new man, so it's much easier for us all now.

Get away if you can, for as long as you can. Knowing that you might run into her is a killer IMO. Knowing that she's over 50 miles away however, makes life much easier.

By the way, you'll soon get a barrage of "Duurrrr get under another girl hurr hurr" from Big Fat Kev, works for a lot of guys but not my kinda deal at all, so I held back, and I'm really glad I did now. Turned down two girls who were only after one night stands, and I'm fairly sure if I'd pooned either of them, I wouldn't have got together with my missus.

Hanging round with girl mates works well as well, they like to listen and get you to open up and stuff, makes them feel special. It also shows them a side of you they never saw before (emotions and all that gayness), which is probably how I ended up deciding that getting together with my ex's flat mate was a good plan.

Think about the things you've learnt, like what you like to look for in women. I met my gf and my ex on the same night, at exactly the same moment, and got together with the wrong one. They had a lot of similar personality traits and stuff, otherwise they wouldn't be friends, I was just looking for the wrong things. :P

EDIT: Grrrr, too slow. :P

Edited by Muel

Cheers boys. Been riding my MTB a lot that helps. Going to try and get out a bit more and meet some new girls and genrally just change my perspective. I just find it hard as we have grown up together and simply become one. In many ways she is my perfect woman, in some ways not. Im not a believer in "The One", so it will all be good in the end.

Rainbird, lost your number, pint?

By the way, you'll soon get a barrage of "Duurrrr get under another girl hurr hurr" from Big Fat Kev, works for a lot of guys but not my kinda deal at all, so I held back, and I'm really glad I did now. Turned down two girls who were only after one night stands, and I'm fairly sure if I'd pooned either of them, I wouldn't have got together with my missus.

this is what i was about to say, realistically speaking, the only way to get over her is to move on. doesnt mean banging anything in sight. but you do have to just kinda let stuff go, and do what shes doing(i.e get close to people again). I broke up with my ex last august...which i both regret and deserve, i regret not treating her better, and deserved to be kicked to the curb. but the trouble was, it was all to easy to go back there if ever i needed some. and i think if she had given me an ultimatum, id of manned up and treated her right(although the fact that i needed an ultimatum speaks volumes). was only on new years eve i kinda realised she was probably one of the 5 soundest girls i knew. that i suddenly started to put in some proper effort into speaking to her again, shes now moved on with a new fella, and its kinda awkward, were still close, but we both know if he wasnt on the scene, we'd be closer, but he is, so were not. and falling into the friend zone is kinda awkward, because in the 11 months we were seeing each other, i dont think we ever spent more than about 5 hours together, without having sex. so the whole friendship thing is going to be awkward. but it comes down to, whats done is done, no point in moping about it, there is plenty more awesome girls out there, and you wont find them by sitting there looking miserable.

Cheers for the advise.

Ive met a girl on my course that Ive made great friends with. She seams kinda into me, and I love spending time with her, just hanging out and such. She is a really lovely girl. Thing is, I cant tell if im overly attracted to her or not? Or its just me looking for someone to get over my ex, and we are in fact just, and will only be, good friends?

Time will tell I guess.

Cheers lads.