Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

This is meant opposite to patronisingly, because you know I get it, but you're semi grown up days have only just started mate. f**ked if I'm admitting I'm more than semi grown up and I've got a few years on you!

Knuckle down mate, you'll get there.

In me news: feeling bad today that my refusal to acknowledge any emotion seems to be hurting Leanne and I can't help it. Aware that feeling bad is an emotion, but you know.

I misread your post, didn't realise you meant your ex. In that case, it is residual love, it'll be there for ages. Bad times, but it's learning how to deal with it, the second part of my post was for weird, it wasn't weird advice :P

On the topic of birds f**king people over, and sorry for anyone that knows this story, I was with my ex from 16 to 20, I moved to Kent to be with her, within 2 months I found out she was having like a full blown secret relationship with someone else, because I wasn't attentive enough. Even though I'd just moved 250 miles away from my family and friends, got a job etc. Spent my 21st and 8 months literally on my own. It's always f**king shit, it always hurts, you always think you'll never do better, and you always still love then. Luckily with time, it gets better, it doesn't hurt, you find someone better and then you realise you don't give a shit about them. Winning.

JD, you need to tell her to get f**ked. She didn't give a shit about you. I went into mega rant then but felt it was overly harsh, after typing my story out I think I'm in "women hating" mode.

Edited by MonsieurMonkey

Yeah i know what you're getting at Jason, i just mean for me i've never really known anything else when it comes to having a head on my shoulders that's anywhere near grown up enough to give a shit about what i do with myself. We've been on and off since i was 15, so it's a pretty sizeable chunk of it.

Time is a healer, i know that all too well - just wish it'd hurry the f**k up.

JD, you need to tell her to get f**ked. She didn't give a shit about you. I went into mega rant then but felt it was overly harsh, after typing my story out I think I'm in "women hating" mode.

Thatd be all good if I wanted to. I know she did, and does. We'll both get over it in time, or we won't and we'll find ourselves together in a few years. In the mean time, I feel bad for not being able to tell her that I'll always love her because I'm too busy trying not to get swallowed up by other stuff.

Maybe we just both didn't give enough of a shit, but I can't even give that logical thought right now. Feel ok about feeling numb though now.

Yeah i know what you're getting at Jason,

glad, because it didn't come across right!

This isn't girl trouble related but I can't think anywhere else it would fit. And a lot of discussion and analyzing of people goes on in here so f**k it. Infact it probably relates to girlfriends too.

Does anyone else find that they can have 2 different styles of friendships?

I'll give you an example, my course mate at uni - i've known him all of 5 months and we can rip the piss out of each other all day and have loads of banter. However because of this I feel pretty comfortable in his presence doing anything and knowing it won't be like, out of place (I don't mean like waving my dick at 12 year olds in public places). And I have this sort of friendship with loads of others. An example is I went over to my mates and we just sat watching tv for ages and it didn't feel uncomfortable.

However another "style" if you will, is what I had with one of my other uni course mates, where we'd just stay almost formal with each other? I wouldn't even dream of calling his mum a dirty f**king slut etc lol. And another one is my mate from where I live, i've known him since I was 11 and we've been mates all that time but yet we still get along absolutely great, share the same hobbies and stuff but I don't know it's like you have to act differently around different people?

Has anyone else noticed this sort of behaviour between peers? Or is it just me.

The first sort of friendship is way way better btw. I can never type out on the computer what I properly mean inside my head - always why I do shit at essays at college/uni. haha

Edited by dann2707

I know exactly how you mean. I get it from not seeing friends for a long time they fall from the first category into the second, one set you sort of feel you could quite happily rugby tackle them and just generally f**k about without fear of offending or upsetting whilst the other set are still people you know really well but you don't really get physical with them (if you know what I mean), they're more formal type friends that you generally tend to agree with on stuff.

I can see how hard it is trying to get across what you mean, I know what I mean in my head but can't quite find the words to type it here!

I know exactly how you mean. I get it from not seeing friends for a long time they fall from the first category into the second, one set you sort of feel you could quite happily rugby tackle them and just generally f**k about without fear of offending or upsetting whilst the other set are still people you know really well but you don't really get physical with them (if you know what I mean), they're more formal type friends that you generally tend to agree with on stuff.

I can see how hard it is trying to get across what you mean, I know what I mean in my head but can't quite find the words to type it here!

Glad you know what I mean! I thought it was just me with like, alienating people. I presume the former is much much better for relationships too.

Pretty sure that could've gone in a topic of it's own... But yea, you're right. Welcome to not everyone being the same.

I know it could have but then it would have got mass traffic and I don't want everyone knowing im secretly a weirdo. Where as in here it's a little more hidden haha.

Regarding the last bit, I probably should have added that with my mate from home It used to be category 1 with him but now it's 2.

Nope, just like from chats with you on here and facebook I feel the first time we actually meet you'll be greeted by a 6' bald guy sprinting full pace at you and you'd best get out the way rather than a gentle "Hi, I'm Dave off the forum"

Edited by isitafox

Regarding the last bit, I probably should have added that with my mate from home It used to be category 1 with him but now it's 2.

Welcome to knowing that not everyone stays the same ;)

Actually (as bad as this sounds) there was a perfect example of this on Don't Tell The Bride the other day.

My wife tied me up and forced me to watch ala A Clockwork Orange so there I was unable to argue and noticed the two lads from Doncaster are basically the first type of friendship Dan's talkin about. Not sure if anyone else has been forced to endure such punishment but if so then I'm sure you'd agree

Nope, just like from chats with you on here and facebook I feel the first time we actually meet you'll be greeted by a 6' bald guy sprinting full pace at you and you'd best get out the way rather than a gentle "Hi, I'm Dave off the forum"

You did that with me??

He's gay.

I feel I fit into the first category of Dan's friend types. But I take a while to warm up. I come across as the moodiest fanny ever at first.

i`m deffo cat 2 of dans friends, although the odd off the cuff remark about how fit dans sister looks in her police uniform does happen. if its out of place i apologise, just telling it like it is :)

i`m deffo cat 2 of dans friends, although the odd off the cuff remark about how fit dans sister looks in her police uniform does happen. if its out of place i apologise, just telling it like it is :)

If i had known this when i met dan last year then it would of been brought up....sevral times.

Dan you disapoint me for not sharing this info.