Teenage Angst Communal Agony Aunt Thread

Has anyone seen my shoe?

Thanks man, I'll give it a while and see what happens then?

thinking about it i don't think her mates would do that, they were the ones that encouraged me anyhow. If that is what she's doing she's being a f**king idiot considering shes been consistantly on my lap or atteched to me in some way for about two weeks, she's really not that good at playing hard to get.

wrong, shes awesome at playing hard to get/leave you wondering.

Its playing on your mind when your spending time with her, its playing on your mind when your lieing in bed, hell its playing on your mind enough for you to post on a forum asking about advice off a bunch of single lads and one married who flew across the atlantic and lived as an illegal immigrant for several months.

for anything in life, no matter how bad you want it, dont show it,with a girl, if you want it too bad, youll come across as desperate/give her an air of superiority/make her think shes better than you and in control. and you let another lad know how bad you want it, hell smash the back doors off it just to annoy you. can only imagine girls minds work the same way.

Well it's not so much a pickle as in a bad way. Just wondering what to do next sorta thing - Been talking to this girl alot, met at the pub a few weeks ago was going pretty goood (although she did spill her drink all over me but i don't hold grudges lol) and shes always like asking that next time im out in leeds i should ask her to come out too. So I have done as im off out in Leeds next Thursday. I don't feel like im nagging her though which is good, as like the convo starter seems to be 50% me, 50% her. Like she asked me how york night out was the next day on a text and shit like that. I'm half playing it cool though, but like wondering where to take it next! I'm not bothered either way though, just like taking it as it comes lol.

I think the whole friend zone thing is completely psychological. You're only in there if you think you are.

The way you just said it then "turns out... blah" sounds like you've just rang up FriendZone and entered your serial number and they've confirmed that yes, you are in the friend zone.

Edited by dann2707
  • Like 5

I think you can psych yourself into the friend zone, but it's not psychological. It's all about the way you present yourself, if you come across as "boyfriend" material to that girl, then you're in, but if the way you come across isn't what that girl wants, you're never gonna get in there.

There is an extreme the other way though, I've got a mate who can pull birds constantly, like, they come to him. But he can't get a bird, because birds don't want a serious relationship with someone like him, he just looks amazing and knows how to charm a bird.

I hate the fact that seemingly random stuff can have such an effect on this whole 'moving on' lark. Reading Festival early lineup has been announced, and although it's pretty wank it just reminds me of last year. Easily one of the best weekends I've ever had, just me and Leanne which was always when we were at our best. The thought of ever going there with anyone else (mates or otherwise) just makes me wonder whether it could ever even compare - I doubt it.

Thoughts of that then lead on to us going to Corfu the next month - my first holiday in years, first alone with a girl. Again, amazing. I'd been doing so well lately, and somehow these random awesome memories have just f**ked me right up. Gargh. I miss her.

Do you guys need a hug? ({)

Why not :P

Definitely had some annoying dreams last night after that little thought process. I confuse myself constantly, I don't want to be with her because it can't work right now, but I don't want to get over her, and another but is that I don't want it all to keep getting right in the way of me getting on!

So today took a fantastic nose dive with some brilliant logical thinking from Miss Coombes. Sent a text with 'Don't hate me for doing this', which I realised soon after was about unfriending me on facebook. Clearly not a big issue to most people, but an unhealthy amount of my life is centred around FB. I'm giving her the massive compliment of assuming that she engaged her brain before doing that and wanted me to hit the roof, so I did. Y'know, I always did give her what she wanted...

So basically I launched into exactly why this is all her fault, and that if she wants to ceremoniously decide she doesn't want to be friends with me then I will wholeheartedly help her achieve that, and told her to f**k right off and leave me alone. Cue regret from her end, ignoration from mine, culminating in a threat that she'd just come over if I kept ignoring her. Typically epic 'How's about just lie in the bed you made?' reply, and I feel like a dick, but I'm right... right?

But I didn't want her to come round... The amount of angry I am right now would mean I'd say some stuff I would probably regret, so I had to reply to that... She's helping me out though, she's allowing me to realise her worst traits: Not thinking anything through, and not being happy even when she gets what she wants.

EDIT: AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH Phone call rage. Managed to do the whole 'saying things I'd regret' thing anyway. Totally being hurtful for the sake of needing to hurt her a tiny amount of the hurt I've felt so far this year at her hands, which is both cliché and completely immature. Knew I shouldn't have answered...

Edited by JD™